• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO

zomgwtf

Looking Around
19/5/12
Just ordered my first 42mm PO rep off a TD of this forum, and the QC pics are in.

View attachment 4706

Is it just me, or is the lume pretty badly done, especially on the 5-10 markers? I don't want to be THAT guy, but I was expecting it to be finished a little better...

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
No don't see anything wrong with it, good pearl and logo too!

Edit: Maybe a little overspill on the 5 and 40 markers but it's nothing, you wont even see it, you will however see it in pics that are 5x real size.

zomgwtf

Looking Around
19/5/12
I agree that probably no one will ever notice this in real life! I'm still a little concerned, however, as it seems that the lume on the 6 o'clock is really quite poorly applied. Here's a clearer pic for reference (I won't embed it in this post because it'd mess up the formatting):

http://imgur.com/v6m0v

In addition to there being a few out of place blobs on the 6 o'clock, the markings from 5-10 have this black border around them that 11-4 don't. Is this a case of the markings not being totally filled in by lume paint?

Again, I'm quite new to this, so if the general opinion is that this is fine, I'll tell him it's okay. Thanks for the help!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Yeah, I can see what you mean now, honestly, just ask for another, if it is something that would bug you then you will never be happy with the watch, it's a bit of a shame because the watch looks really good in the 'main' parts. The overspill is running on some markers ever so slightly over the edging, I'm sure the dealer would not be bothered about getting you a replacement. At times slight lume unevenness can happen, even in gens:

DSC_0097-12122009-040-DSC_0097.jpg

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Yeah, I can see what you mean now, honestly, just ask for another, if it is something that would bug you then you will never be happy with the watch, it's a bit of a shame because the watch looks really good in the 'main' parts. The overspill is running on some markers ever so slightly over the edging, I'm sure the dealer would not be bothered about getting you a replacement. At times slight lume unevenness can happen, even in gens:

DSC_0097-12122009-040-DSC_0097.jpg

+1