• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO from Lay: waterproofed ?

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Has anyone that purchased the new 5th generation 42mm Planet Ocean from Lay checked it for WP'ing ? Not so much for diving and such, but enough to withstand the pool and shower ?

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
I believe he does a pressure test prior to a watch shipping. At least he has for my orders. Generally that info is provided when you receive your tracking number.

That being said, you should ALWAYS pressure test your watch after you receive it. When your dealing with this type of product their just isn't a guarantee. If you've done your homework you will have heard this mantra as well as ways to waterproof your watch.

Or, if you have BIG BRASS ONES, strap that fecker on and jump into the nearest body of water. Good luck!!! It's really all that can be said after that last bit... ;)

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
G30: Thanks for the information. I can't say that any information regarding WP'ing was included with the tracking info when it shipped. At least none that I recall having seen.You are, of course, correct about the need to double-check it's water tight intergrity before "diving in with the fecker" lol

Thanks for the information. Of course a rep should always be double-checked. I was just curious if anyone has ever "dove in with the fecker" without having sealed it themselves or even bothered to check the WP on it.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
Thanks again. I just checked. :-(
Nothing regarding any sort of waterproof measures taken.

correctime

Banned
28/5/11
I've gone 10 meters with mine...
10 meters straight out of the mailbox ? I'm just curious if it'll withstand an evening swim in the pool and the shower. At least I was until today. It seems the tube threads for the crown have stripping already :facepalm:
Would anyone know of a quick-fix for this: besides pulling the stem/crown and mvt?
I'd planned to have a gen tube and crown put in it eventually, just not this soon.