• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO Franken

tclaw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/7/12
A little late to the party but I've finally collected everything needed to complete my franken! Not pictured (but included in the total plan) are the gen HEV and gen crown/tube.

I still need to find a good price on a gen bracelet but that's a backburner project.

Ihlu5.jpg

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Very niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I expect a nice thread also with many photos of the assembly and after :whistle:

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
As Mr.Pap says very nice project tclaw, always great to hear of franken POs ongoing, you will have an amazing watch soon enough, good luck with the project.

tclaw

6/7/12
And here's the finished product. There were a handful of challenges such as the HEV not being drilled completely through and the gen 2500c date dial being thinner than the rep but it turned out fantastic!

The only non genuine parts that remain are the case, bracelet and movement.

I've been thinking about getting a 2500c movement off ebay but wonder if anyone else has experience with how that movement sits inside the case? Since the 2500c is based on the 2892 movement which is 3.6mm thick and the 2824 movement is 4.6mm, it doesn't seem like it would fit. Additionally, the gen dial is thinner than the rep which makes the movement sit even further inside the case.

Thanks to R2D4 his help. This couldn't have been completed without his help and expertise.

uoqFg.jpg

tclaw

6/7/12
I also want to mention that if you're in CONUS and need a watchsmith, I'd highly recommend Katt for movement servicing and or repairs.

Inushuk

Put Some Respect On My Name
19/10/10
Nice Franken mate well done .

You can still change the caseback for a gen one (as i did on mine) before the gen SS bracelet (which isn't easy to find) and you can buy a gen rubber strap on the bay.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Nice franken! Gen like project!!! Can i ask for more pics???

TheCold

15/8/09
This makes me miss my UPO which is being frankened, even more :(

Looks really sharp mate!

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Sexy watch, congrats on the wonderful build. One can never get sick of looking at FrPO's!

A few quick questions:

1. Did you use the whole gen bezel or just the insert?

2. Get yourself a gen bracelet. Makes the world of a difference in weight, feel and the end links are night vs. day...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Sexy watch, congrats on the wonderful build. One can never get sick of looking at FrPO's!

A few quick questions:

1. Did you use the whole gen bezel or just the insert?

2. Get yourself a gen bracelet. Makes the world of a difference in weight, feel and the end links are night vs. day...

He swapped the whole bezel himself. Fit very nicely. I totally agree on the bracelet.

Congrats Tclaw. ;)

tclaw

6/7/12
He swapped the whole bezel himself. Fit very nicely. I totally agree on the bracelet.

Congrats Tclaw. ;)

Hah... and in the process I scratched my case and then R2 bailed me out by finishing the HEV and Crown mods.

The gen bezel popped on seamless and I also used the gen clickspring as well.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
That's a lovely franken tclaw, great work, it looks stunning. I agree on the bracelet, if you can get a 2nd hand one cheap then go for it. Or at least use the rep links and pick up gen endlinks and clasp and combine...it will finish off the watch nicely.

No real point putting a 2500c in it, I don't think it will properly fit anyway without some mods internally. The good thing about a franken is you wont have to deal with the servicing/cost issues of the gen movement. Not too many will service a coaxial outside of omega.

tclaw

6/7/12
I wish i could take all the credit but R2 and Katt were instrumental in creating it.

Tarzan

Horology Curious
20/9/12
Hah... and in the process I scratched my case and then R2 bailed me out by finishing the HEV and Crown mods.

The gen bezel popped on seamless and I also used the gen clickspring as well.

Amazing job! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I am planning to do so on my upo!

Can you please share more how you do the whole bezel swapping?

Thanks! :lol::D::D:

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
Love it. Here's mine

Gen dial, hands, dw, crystal, bezel, he valve, crown/tube and rubber strap.

Looking for caseback and gen bracelet

2AC188EE-03CE-4876-88E8-21A399B82375-515-000000487FA202C3.jpg