• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO Franken Project

Marv1nn

14/2/11
Hey guys,

I got the 42mm PO from Trevor today - sick piece for the coin.

I was wondering, can someone please confirm that the parts in the the sticky above are compatible with this edition?

Many thanks in advance - I can see a long love affair with this piece shortly.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Oops, I just realized you read the sticky. I know of a sweet integrated strap and deployant combo coming up for sale in a few minutes.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
@Marv1nn: If you have the "correct version 42MM PO" and not the 5th generation 42mm PO, you will probably the first one who will try to do a franken on this model.

I was in conversation with one of the modders to franken this version and still hasn't decided whether to roll the dice and try whether the gen parts will fit in this version, as nobody has used this as the base before.

If yours is the 5th gen 42mm, then carry on. :D

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Not too sure on the newer one but I thought mods have been done. The dial and hands are no problem same for the tube and crown. I own a 3/4G franken, that one was perfect for modding.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
@R2: I think the modder is just being careful whether Trevor's "correct version 42mm PO" will be able to take gen parts. I've checked almost all the franken 42mm PO threads and they're either 3/4/5 generation PO, none has used Trevor's "correct version 42mm PO".

This the PO that I have btw, Trevor's 5th gen PO has a different listing from this.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-correct-version-91815

This version's HE valve doesn't have a hole inside the case, so no need to put epoxy inside to make this version more waterproof.

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
@R2: I think the modder is just being careful whether Trevor's "correct version 42mm PO" will be able to take gen parts. I've checked almost all the franken 42mm PO threads and they're either 3/4/5 generation PO, none has used Trevor's "correct version 42mm PO".

This the PO that I have btw, Trevor's 5th gen PO has a different listing from this.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/new-correct-version-91815

This version's HE valve doesn't have a hole inside the case, so no need to put epoxy inside to make this version more waterproof.

am i missing something? how does that differ from the 5th 42mm? and which is more recent?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
It would be nice to see the OP's PO before I chime in ;)

:pirates:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

Let's wait and see which one he has. He might even have the 21j 5GPO. Who knows?

Let's wait and see which one he has. He might even have the 21j 5GPO. Who knows?

And he does. :facepalm:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=98236

Folks, please disregard all posts between this one and the opening one.

The answer is no.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Did anyone said franken?????? :popcorn:

We should print member cards, we are becoming more and more :maty:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
We should print member cards, we are becoming more and more :maty:

Done!!!!! :lol:
FRankenMembershipCard.jpg

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I used to promote the £69 POrikaa or $99 WBKPO, but the model of Trevor's, is worth the extra $40. Good pick-up Marv1nn ;)

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
So have we established that Trevor's updated 42mm is capable of frankening along with the 5th gen?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
So have we established that Trevor's updated 42mm is capable of frankening along with the 5th gen?

You would not want to Franken the 5GPO that uses a DG movement. For too many reasons to list.

But if you want to keep it "stock", it would be an excellent choice.:maty:

tjdilla

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/12
You would not want to Franken the 5GPO that uses a DG movement. For too many reasons to list.

But if you want to keep it "stock", it would be an excellent choice.:maty:

sorry i wasnt talking about the 4813 (if it appeared that way my mistake)

i meant his "updated" a2824?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Sure, just make sure it has the correctly positioned HEV. (for aesthetic reasons only :) )

Marv1nn

14/2/11
Went whole hog on parts. Dial, hands, bezel, crown/tube, crystal inbound.

I'll post progress pics on the project after stuff arrives. If things don't fit, may have a fire sale or buy the right base piece.

Love this watch - if you guys are on the fence about this one, don't hesitate.