• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42MM PO falling apart from me - Need help

talljoker

Horology Curious
17/7/11
So I got a 42MM PO rep from Replicamake for a beater. I have a gen PO XL for the special days and when I am not at work (Navy Ship). Anyways I got my 42MM as a beater and well its beaten. Got a couple issues

1. Stem will not go back in - looking up a fix for this but no real one to be found.
2. Bezel is messed up - Pearl is off like someone hacked it. Also it is scratched - Looking for bezel replacement
3. Watch randomly stops during the day - Cannot hold time - Will have to jiggle the watch to get it going again.

I want to fix this, but I do not require a perfect replica, as I have a Gen for that ;P

Also looking for a speedy replica for a beater too on my motorcycle. Got an recommendations?

tracyl

22/4/11
if you have a 2813 and going to scrap it, sell it in the used section as not working watch for cheap. At least it can help pay for a new beater. Or find a watch smith that can change the movement. I've changed several 2813 movements, and it really isn't hard at all, and it only costs $26 from Ofrei.com.

talljoker

Horology Curious
17/7/11
It's a Swiss 2824...I am looking into chocking this up for a loss...had my hopes but I guess that's what you get.

tracyl

22/4/11
talljoker,
Don't just throw it away, sell it for parts at least. Or sell the whole watch at a discount. I'd love to get my hands on a 2824 to work on as practice. Do you remember how much you paid for it? If it was over $200, I'm sure a watch smith can fix it for around $100.

talljoker

Horology Curious
17/7/11
I haven't gone diving with it. What happened was that I ordered it and then went and then got a gen. The 42MM is nice but a lil small so I think I might put this one up for sale for parts and get a XL beater...I did take it to the Omega shop and they were impressed with the heft of it but pointed out everything from the bezel to the blue but they said it was a nice one...

Anybody have recommendations for the replacement XL of this...what is the Porikaas?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I did take it to the Omega shop and they were impressed with the heft of it but pointed out everything from the bezel to the blue but they said it was a nice one...

:facepalm: Come on people, you cant be serious, throwing a rep onto an AD face???? I really cant imagine what were you thinking...
Nothing personal but WHY will someone do this???:beatahorse:

talljoker

Horology Curious
17/7/11
The reason I did it was b/c I just wanted to see how fast they spotted it. I don't know about the laws governing take a rep into and asking "see how good they are getting" They know me b/c I had my speedster and my OP XL serviced there. Told them I got it overseas and like I said they were impressed with it...but had the eagle eye...

What's the big deal in showing them that?...

Check your PM

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
The reason I did it was b/c I just wanted to see how fast they spotted it. I don't know about the laws governing take a rep into and asking "see how good they are getting" They know me b/c I had my speedster and my OP XL serviced there. Told them I got it overseas and like I said they were impressed with it...but had the eagle eye...

What's the big deal in showing them that?...

Check your PM

Okay here I go.........

What is everyone did that? Brought their rep PO into the AD. Can anything good come from it?

You wanted to see "how fast they spotted it"? Gee....let me put my hand in this bee's nest. Because I want to see how fast they sting me. That makes sense.

:facepalm:

Check your PM;)

talljoker

Horology Curious
17/7/11
For the thread...apologize for this...I was unaware of the code of reps...

I guess I am a :asshat: <Awesome> for that...what other no nos are there...

I don't know if it will help but I had my Gen on and was picking up my other...

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
It's more that the AD will talk to Omega and report on 'how good' they are getting.

Which MAY then lead Omega to do something more about stopping our TD's and manufacturers and then putting an end to our little hobby.

So that's why it's a no-no. As for your position, a number of us have gens as well as reps, and would not think about taking a rep to a dealer.

As for the original post, sell it for parts and buy a bigger UPO. Less mucking around.