• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm PO Crown wont stay closed

BIGHOTDOG

Still New
5/12/12
Hey guys,

So I just received my PO 42mm today, I like the look but and after I finished changing the date and time, I pressed the crown to position 0 but it wouldn't stay locked!

So right now its stuck in position 1, I can pull it back to position 2.
I just can't close it any more. When I press down on the crown, it springs back to position 1 automatically.

Anyone wanna tell me what I am doing wrong before I email the TD?

Glock17

Renowned Member
26/3/12
I hade a movement like this and it ended with broken movement , email Them as fast as you can :)

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Threads are gone then. Common problem. Mine is having genuine crown and tube fitted by Wiz, because the same happened. You need to either send it back or get it fixed. Contact the dealer to see what options you have.

BIGHOTDOG

Still New
5/12/12
Threads are gone then. Common problem. Mine is having genuine crown and tube fitted by Wiz, because the same happened. You need to either send it back or get it fixed. Contact the dealer to see what options you have.

I emailed the TD and now just waiting for a response. How much would it usually cost to get it fixed?

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
You'd need to consult the repair/mod guys. It's not cheap, but it's a one time fix with genuine parts.

D

d4m.test

Are you 100% sure its the threads? Try pushing firmly on the crown and screwing the other way. See if you can feel it bump when it goes over the end of the thread then try screwing the other way.. You might just not have the knack for catching the tread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

BIGHOTDOG

Still New
5/12/12
Are you 100% sure its the threads? Try pushing firmly on the crown and screwing the other way. See if you can feel it bump when it goes over the end of the thread then try screwing the other way.. You might just not have the knack for catching the tread.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe, I'll keep trying till I get a response

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
OK, if you can't push/wiggle the crown to engage the threads while turning it clockwise then it seems you have a crown tube problem as has been suggested.

The gen crown/tube mod may be a good idea.

Hope you can resolve it.

BIGHOTDOG

Still New
5/12/12
OK, if you can't push/wiggle the crown to engage the threads while turning it clockwise then it seems you have a crown tube problem as has been suggested.

The gen crown/tube mod may be a good idea.

Hope you can resolve it.

Thanks a lot man, would it be possible to just take it to a local watch repair shop and just get a new tube while keeping the old crown?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Thanks a lot man, would it be possible to just take it to a local watch repair shop and just get a new tube while keeping the old crown?

Sure, but what are the odds he has one to match? Probably slim. I would send it back or plan on parting with a c note for the gen mod.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2