• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm Planet Ocean

ksalonga

Looking Around
26/4/12
Hello everyone. I been searching everywhere and reading about Planet Oceans reps for a couple of weeks now, and still have been having a hard time figuring it out. I want to get a 42 mm Planet Ocean but am not sure who sells the best rep out there. Trustytime and Puretime both have ultimate versions but have different movements in them. Trusty is an ETA 2824-2 and Puretime is an ETA 2836-2. Do you guys possiblly know the difference and which is the better of the two. I want to get the best PO out there! thanks!

walden

13/5/12
Hello everyone. I been searching everywhere and reading about Planet Oceans reps for a couple of weeks now, and still have been having a hard time figuring it out. I want to get a 42 mm Planet Ocean but am not sure who sells the best rep out there. Trustytime and Puretime both have ultimate versions but have different movements in them. Trusty is an ETA 2824-2 and Puretime is an ETA 2836-2. Do you guys possiblly know the difference and which is the better of the two. I want to get the best PO out there! thanks!

LOL I just pulled the trigger on a PO from Pure Time a few minutes ago. Exact same one you want.

From my research here on this forum, Pure Time is a good seller and this is my second watch from them. The "ETA 2824-2" vs the "ETA 2836-2" has a minor difference in that the "36" has an extra function of a day wheel which is not used in the PO. All other functions are identical. The "36" seems to be used for a lot of the reps minus this extra function due to, I guess, cost reasons.

I would also get the "Asian" version of the ETA as it will be new vs a "reconditioned" gen ETA. I've seen pix of the reconditioned ETAs and they are not pretty. The extra money they want for a gen movement is just hype and BS on the sellers' part. Asian clones are just as good, if not better, and they are new.

My $0.02. Anyone with more knowledge and experience can correct me if I'm wrong here.

ksalonga

Looking Around
26/4/12
LOL I just pulled the trigger on a PO from Pure Time a few minutes ago. Exact same one you want.

From my research here on this forum, Pure Time is a good seller and this is my second watch from them. The "ETA 2824-2" vs the "ETA 2836-2" has a minor difference in that the "36" has an extra function of a day wheel which is not used in the PO. All other functions are identical. The "36" seems to be used for a lot of the reps minus this extra function due to, I guess, cost reasons.

I would also get the "Asian" version of the ETA as it will be new vs a "reconditioned" gen ETA. I've seen pix of the reconditioned ETAs and they are not pretty. The extra money they want for a gen movement is just hype and BS on the sellers' part. Asian clones are just as good, if not better, and they are new.

My $0.02. Anyone with more knowledge and experience can correct me if I'm wrong here.

That is funny! Thank you so much for your feedback. I have also made purchases from Puretime before but have also considered Trusty due to his good feedback as well. Thanks for the heads up on the ETA vs Asian Information. I've always assumed ETA was better but had no idea that these were "reconditioned". Which model did you get by the way? I'm still on the edge with either the Black w/ white markers or Black w/ orange. As soon as i think i have my mind made up I come across another pic to steer me back. lol

walden

13/5/12
That is funny! Thank you so much for your feedback. I have also made purchases from Puretime before but have also considered Trusty due to his good feedback as well. Thanks for the heads up on the ETA vs Asian Information. I've always assumed ETA was better but had no idea that these were "reconditioned". Which model did you get by the way? I'm still on the edge with either the Black w/ white markers or Black w/ orange. As soon as i think i have my mind made up I come across another pic to steer me back. lol

You're welcome. I've bought from Marvellous Replica due to their high reputation here, too.

I just got this one: http://www.puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackwhite-on-ss-bracelet-a2836/

The gen ETA are still the best movements around for general high end watches. But, they are a rarity because ETA only sells completed movements within the Swatch Group member companies now. Sellita is another gen Swiss movement maker that makes comparably good movements, too. To find any of these gen movements in a low priced rep is even rarer indeed. Usually, they will be reconditioned, or very old designs. There are only two gen low priced Swiss watch makers that I know of that uses these gen movements. I'd stick to the Asian clones as they are quite good from what I've read.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I received mine from Hont.....

SAM_1344b.png

I chose the A2824. It has worked out quite well. :)

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
The 2824 has a difference crown height compared to the 2836. What is more correct on the PO?

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I think the 2836 in Puretime's description is a typo......