• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm planet ocean crown

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Is it just me or do all 4th generation 42mm PO's have the wrong crown? I could've sworn I saw _one_ dealer offering the correct crown. I found a gen on ebay and it definitely has the same style of crown as a 45mm ultimate. 2nd question, if it is the wrong crown..would one be able to simply replace it with a crown from ofrei?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes amptor, 4th gen PO 42.5mm has wrong crown. You can replace it with genuine. You have to buy together with the tube as replica tube can't accomodate genuine crown.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
ah ok..I saw trusty sells an orange band asian PO with the correct style of crown too.. but none of the rest have it.. kinda odd.

well ya i might just look into that crown replacement..what would it take to replace that whole thing? something you'd definitely have to have a watchmaker do for you? or do those parts come out easy.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
you need a crown removal tools and pin vice too... in addition to standard tool.s

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
hmm interesting. well I guess if it is too tough for me when I look at it, I can check and see if someone on the forums is up for it. I was just thinking about it and I'm thinking possibly one might have to mill the hole and re-tap it for the gen tube to fit, that is if the tube is screwed in. I haven't seen any photos of the tubes around yet but I'll keep an eye out.

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
welp, my PO deal went bad. went with a dealer with old photos and got a different watch twice, so I guess it's tough luck on the PO side and it looks like only 2 dealers carry the watch and want 30 bucks on top of the price for shipping :roll: looks like I made a very bad decision in which watch to buy.

taiji

30/11/06
Hi Amptor,

I got 1 set of gen PO crown and tube that Taka helps me to get it but I don't need it anymore. Will be posting in the sales forum probably next week.

@taka

I finally got a UPO with the correct crown. Simply can't resist the temptation... :wink: