• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42mm brushed dial blue indices from Silix

DyzonDog

Horology Curious
28/4/11
Thought I'd share this one. Went for it because I'm not a fan of PO's. This is from Silix economy range $63+ shipping. The quality is the same as their $29.99 offerings (I know cos I have the Roly SeaDweller). First off, I don't think the gen is 42mm more like 37/38. The caseback on the gen is glass with aqua terra engraving around the edge. So far I can live with these differences. The big clanger for me is the bracelet with the wrong clasp for this watch model. Even worse - and I have seen the same comment on another thread re the Silix $29.99 45mm PO is the Seamastei engraved on the clasp. As the reviewer of the PO noted - how can you get the spelling correct on the dial then totally cock up the bracelet. In conclusion had the bracelet been the same design as the gen I would have been happy.
So buyer beware when dealing with Silix ask for QC pic of the clasp for similar reps. Their service and communication is however faultless.
To enhance the watch does anyone have a recommended seller/site for either a 20mm black leather strap with blue stitching or a blue rubber Omega rep strap.
P1010249.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010251.jpg

P1010250.jpg

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Love it. I would go with this over the PO any day. Just my 2. Go look at Panatime.com
Trusted dealer. Great straps, great service.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Ive had every Po and just didn't feel them Q. They don't scream Omega to me like this does. Weird, I know.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Old carbon fiber blue stitch strap (4 yrs old maybe) from Panatime.com on my newly acquired Broad Arrow...
broadarrowandrainvid008-1.jpg

broadarrowandrainvid015-1.jpg

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Is that chrono on the blue lizard rep or gen?

Gen. We can only dream of such a rep.

This watch, minus the crappy bracelet, fits my personal need/definition of a dress watch. Hmmm...

What clasp is supposed to be on it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it:

http://www.silix-prime.com/ome022-p-2246.html

It says 40mm; can you verify the 42mm size you stated?

Edit, again: The one I linked to is a white dial; can you provide the link to the one you purchased?

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
I'm actually a HUGE fan of the 42mm PO...but I have to admit you have a VERY nice looking piece there. Needs a bracelet and it's a bit too dressy for me but I like it. Congrats.

DyzonDog

Horology Curious
28/4/11
Anopsis question re size/colour

Hey mate just measured and it is 40mm - sorry for the duff 42mm info earlier. You are looking at the correct link OME022, so while the dial appears white it is actually as per my post. If I was you I would ask for the correct strap/clasp if you decide to buy one.
BIRMay-2011012.jpg

BIRMay-2011013.jpg