• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42.5 PO clasp

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
I have a 4th gen 42.5 Orange PO. I love almost everything about this watch, and so do all my friends and associates, i.e., "ooooooh, nice watch, what is that?" I explain, and most don't have a clue.

Eitherway, one big stinker about this watch is the goofy clasp. It doesn't exactly come loose or anything but it comes undone when only one of the two buttons are pushed. The diver extension is a joke too.

Any homemade tricks you know about that can be a quick fix?

I've searched with no avail.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
get a leather strap....the 42 steel bracelet sucks so bad...it needs to go to the doctor and say...doctor...help me...i suck !

i kicked mine out...worst piece of rep crap...got .tired of dealing with it !

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Yep, the lousy clasp and the huge gap between SEL and the bracelet last link were the only things I hated about this watch. Utlimately, that's why I sold it... I couldn't stand it anymore... especially after I received the UPO.

I bought a rubber strap from Joshua (which was supposed to fit) but it didn't. I used to own a "3rd Generation" PO too (before this model even came out) and it had much better bracelet. Perhaps you could buy a cheap-ass Asian PO from another member and just use the bracelet (it can't be any worse than on the 4th Gen).

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
horologie_unitas said:
get a leather strap....the 42 steel bracelet sucks so bad...it needs to go to the doctor and say...doctor...help me...i suck !

i kicked mine out...worst piece of rep crap...got .tired of dealing with it !

It said "doctor, help me, I suck" and I said, "well, let me research RWI database and figure out a treatment plan" and you said "get a leather strap."

Well, I was thinking that as well. I was eyeing for the black strap with orange stitchings. Do you know who sources them? Or, would a gen fit the 4th gen 42 PO?

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
By-Tor said:
Yep, the lousy clasp and the huge gap between SEL and the bracelet last link were the only things I hated about this watch. Utlimately, that's why I sold it... I couldn't stand it anymore... especially after I received the UPO.

I bought a rubber strap from Joshua (which was supposed to fit) but it didn't. I used to own a "3rd Generation" PO too (before this model even came out) and it had much better bracelet. Perhaps you could buy a cheap-ass Asian PO from another member and just use the bracelet (it can't be any worse than on the 4th Gen).

Do you know if it fits fine? :?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
speaking of the clasp, I wonder why they've never got the shape of the buttons right? they're always a bit too rounded off, whereas on a gen smp they are more squared off on top and have a slight rounded shape. I'm wearing my 007 smp right now and the cheapest looking part of the watch is the buttons on the clasp.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
amptor said:
speaking of the clasp, I wonder why they've never got the shape of the buttons right? they're always a bit too rounded off, whereas on a gen smp they are more squared off on top and have a slight rounded shape. I'm wearing my 007 smp right now and the cheapest looking part of the watch is the buttons on the clasp.

u can always opt to buy a gen clasp for 50 dollars? :) ofrei my man, ofrei!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
drfcfighter said:
Eitherway, one big stinker about this watch is the goofy clasp. It doesn't exactly come loose or anything but it comes undone when only one of the two buttons are pushed. The diver extension is a joke too.

Literally all of my Omega reps had the crappy button clasp issue. I took the 1 middle pin out of the clasp which hold the plate down. (the plate that hides the spring wire)
Re-shape the wire slightly with a small pair of pliers. The wire is set in an angular fashion, so only connecting with one side of the 'mushroom'.
You need to make the wire sit parallel to the mushroom & clasp.

There's a slight amount of bending & spreading before the clasp locks tightly and positively. Its very difficult to explain though!
Trial & error, I guess....

I'll try to upload some pics of the wire (before and after) when I get back from camping.

drfcfighter

I'm Pretty Popular
19/11/06
Importr said:
drfcfighter said:

Literally all of my Omega reps had the crappy button clasp issue. I took the 1 middle pin out of the clasp which hold the plate down. (the plate that hides the spring wire)
Re-shape the wire slightly with a small pair of pliers. The wire is set in an angular fashion, so only connecting with one side of the 'mushroom'.
You need to make the wire sit parallel to the mushroom & clasp.

There's a slight amount of bending & spreading before the clasp locks tightly and positively. Its very difficult to explain though!
Trial & error, I guess....

I'll try to upload some pics of the wire (before and after) when I get back from camping.

So did it actually work? I'd be a happy camper if it did. The extension clasp I don't mind so much as long as it's cramped behind the secured overall clasp; hell, I almost wanted to craxy glue the extension clasp. If your trick works for mine to open with two buttons instead of just one opening it, my PO would get a lot more wrist time.

I actually tried what you're saying but must have done something different as it didn't really do anything. :?