• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3K 5167a Aquanaut Singapore Edition with SW factory Gray Dial?

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
Hi Guys,
So recently for some reason i’ve caught the Aquanaut bug, no idea why, but I must give it a go :ROFLMAO: So checking out my dealers site and I came across the 3K Singapore Edition with a modded SW Dial, SW Datewheel and seconds hand. So i’ve come to the conclusion after reading about 1 million posts on 3K and PPF, that the 3K is great, some inadequacies but none the less, very good. Now I cannot seem to find any information on this particular watch, so reaching out to see firstly, did anyone purchase this particular watch, if so, could you let me know your thoughts please? I can’t seem to find information on this SW dial, is it good etc, hoping Patek experts could chime in please? For $895, would be good to be spending the cash in the right place? Since I am living in Aussie, where it’s damn hot, this seems like a great option! Thanks for your input guys (y)

Last edited:

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
My honest opinion for this one is to just get the ZF version Singapore edition out of the box. Cheaper and while the no clone movement and typical 3KF vs ZF debate.

Why? Because unless you LOVE and DESIRE and KNOW this is your grail chances are paying $900 vs $450 for a replica is alot. And you're essentially paying that much for a red strap, slightly different dial and caseback. For me that's not worth it unless the Singapore edition is your grail.

Reaps

25/9/22
Thanks @Reaps for your feedback mate, very much appreciated! You are right, yes I saw that review, that’s what made me go crazy, thanks @Reaps (y)
I can only advise at the end of the day brother. If we are talking about the Aqauanaut in general, I always prefer 3KF to ZF.

But 3KF doesnt make Singapore edition as I know so the only option for a clone movement Aqauanaut Singapore dial is the SW modded dial, at $850 it's too much considering you can buy a Daytona 4130 chrono complication

For $900 you can buy a regular 3KF Aquanaut AND a ZF Singapore aquanaut.... yeah lol

At the end of the day it's always evaluation and figuring out what's worth it to you or not.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
I can only advise at the end of the day brother. If we are talking about the Aqauanaut in general, I always prefer 3KF to ZF.

But 3KF doesnt make Singapore edition as I know so the only option for a clone movement Aqauanaut Singapore dial is the SW modded dial, at $850 it's too much considering you can buy a Daytona 4130 chrono complication

For $900 you can buy a regular 3KF Aquanaut AND a ZF Singapore aquanaut.... yeah lol

At the end of the day it's always evaluation and figuring out what's worth it to you or not.

For sure that makes complete sense, especially when you see the value with the new Daytonas coming out. I’ll do some research on what you suggested, can’t promise though that I will actually make a sensible decision 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Reaps

Reaps

25/9/22
For sure that makes complete sense, especially when you see the value with the new Daytonas coming out. I’ll do some research on what you suggested, can’t promise though that I will actually make a sensible decision 🤣🤣🤣
As my s.o put it once - sometimes the heart wants what it wants. Good luck and post pics if you decide to go through with whatever choice you make!

• Love
Reactions: sunrayminor

Swiss_goupil

Respected Member
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I think different modifications float people differently. I love the aquanaut but the 3KF printing decorations suck. So I am having a 5167R build with engraved clone movement and buff date wheel. Why? Because I like it. At the end of the day it depends what is important to you, not some random stranger on here.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
22/4/13
Australia
Thanks mate, yes agree, slim, crisp dial and centred date wheel is to me, what I like 👍

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
I have a build with the mods you’re talking about (3KF base, SW dial, SW hands) plus a few other upgrades (datewheel, caseback, strap, etc.) and I love it. One of my favorite rep pieces.

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
I recently got the blue 5168 with SW dial, hands and date wheel. Comparing it side by side with the same stock 3KF is night and day different. The SW dial is much more gen like with depth, texture and color. Hands have a whiter more gen like lume too. I like the 3KF aquanauts but must say that the SW parts are a worthwhile upgrade.

Reactions: sunrayminor

dullidulli

Supporter
Certified
3/6/13
I recently got the blue 5168 with SW dial, hands and date wheel. Comparing it side by side with the same stock 3KF is night and day different. The SW dial is much more gen like with depth, texture and color. Hands have a whiter more gen like lume too. I like the 3KF aquanauts but must say that the SW parts are a worthwhile upgrade.
Would be great to see some pics of your 5168 SW though - very much appreciated!

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Would be great to see some pics of your 5168 SW though - very much appreciated!

SW on the left with gen strap, stainless steel. Stock 3KF on the right but WG plated.

hOgGK2.jpeg

SW

hOgJos.jpeg

SW

hOgfNt.jpeg

3KF

hOgS1E.jpeg

Gen 5168 for reference

hYDmhj.jpeg

TheReflex85

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/6/24
SW on the left with gen strap, stainless steel. Stock 3KF on the right but WG plated.

hOgGK2.jpeg

SW

hOgJos.jpeg

SW

hOgfNt.jpeg

3KF

hOgS1E.jpeg

Gen 5168 for reference

hYDmhj.jpeg
Thanks foresting these pics. Makes such a big differences. I did buy the 3KF 5168 with blue dial but never worn it because I thought the dial looked so fake and the strap not dark blue enough. Question I have as I see you posted a pic with the gen strap. Thinking about upgrading myself now too. Does it fit as I read also on RWI that someone did buy the gen strap of this model and it didn't fit the 3KF. The pins didn't match the place in the 3KF case. Thanks for your help.

zinduna

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
The gen strap does not fit the 3KF (or ZF) case without drilling new holes for the plots to fit in. The holes on the rep cases are too narrow by about 0.8 mm. They can be drilled, but it's a bit of a project. Mine is off to Major for this now and I'll share pics when it's done.

Reactions: TheReflex85

schwenstein

Getting To Know The Place
4/9/23
It is a gorgeous piece. Don't overcomplicate things mate, just buy and be happy IF you are amazed by it and comfortable when you wear it. The attitude is the key. That comfort based on different things for different people. For me, i'd think do i have the lifestyle that i can bang patek on my wrist? Is it sth i could already buy but i simply just dont find it reasonable to do so? etc. The rest is ok, you already found a reasonably well built product.

TheReflex85

Do not accept unsolicited offers
10/6/24
The gen strap does not fit the 3KF (or ZF) case without drilling new holes for the plots to fit in. The holes on the rep cases are too narrow by about 0.8 mm. They can be drilled, but it's a bit of a project. Mine is off to Major for this now and I'll share pics when it's done.
Thanks so much. Really appreciated all you share with us.