• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

300m pro chrono - how to make bezel tighter

ninja

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/12/10
Hey guys, just got one of the new seamaster professional chronos without happy feet and the counterfeit insignia on the case back, the rep is amazing but the bezel clicks don't feel as firm as I would like them. Can you guys advise me on how I can go about fixing this, can I just flip off the bezel with a knife or something and do the dental floss trick or is there another way to go about it?

Thanks

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Well, i will steal the glory from R2 lol

You will need a gen retainer and click spring as to make it firm.

It pops out really easy. Take a thin knife/blade and move around it and there you go. I think it took me 10-15 seconds...

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Well, i will steal the glory from R2 lol

You will need a gen retainer and click spring as to make it firm.

It pops out really easy. Take a thin knife/blade and move around it and there you go. I think it took me 10-15 seconds...

Thanks Pappy. Actually, a thicker retainer wire and bending up the tabs on the rep spring will do wonders too. It works great.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
i just wrapped a bit of dental floss around it and it feels heaps better, just wasn't too sure how to get the bezel off without your help. Thanks guys

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Dental floss will surely eff up your spring. Don't use the bezel and you will be fine.

dan_j

5/11/10
Dental floss actually worked really well on the rep SMPC I used to own. It did **** up the bezel on my 5GPO though.

Daniel

ninja

Banned
20/12/10
hows it screw up the bezel?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
hows it screw up the bezel?

The spring underneath the bezel actually. The spring has 3 tiny bent up tabs, at least the gen does. The floss will bend and tear those off eventually. The replica PO has a post and plunger. That explains why the PO made off ok.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Listen to R2 boys, he knows what he is talking about...

Here is a comparative pic of my upcoming franken...