• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

30$ Omega Orange Planet Ocean from Silix

ruigato

Horology Curious
4/7/10
This was my first REP, bough it from Silix in a promotion.

Jee is a wonderfull guy do make business with that writes vary bad english like me.

For this price level i didnt expect much, but i thing its a decent (cheap) rep.

Time: It has one week and the watch runs good. Looks acurate time and the day is accurate also.

Strap: The strap links look nice, feels a litle cheap in the hands but looks nice. Its confortable.
Unfortunately it has a terrible mispeling in the clasp. "seamastei".
The seller sent pre-sale pictures of it and it said it would give me another strap in a future sale.

The lume is very week, almost non existent.

The dial and numbers look well finished.

The orange crown with black numbers feel looks cheap in detail. Supose its a aluminum ring with printed orange/black on it.

The watch case isnt polished near the strap.

Overall the watch is good bang for the buck. The detail i mentioned can only bee seen at close eyes. Silix / Jee is a top seller and im looking forward to make business with him again.

the watch case has 46mm x 52 mm
strap 20mm 18mm at the clasp
clasp 32mm
glass 32mm
height 15mm

Sorry the bad english, heres some pictures to ilustrate the watch.

201008100375.jpg

Album:
http://img821.imageshack.us/g/201008100403.jpg/

D

d4m.test

I second Ruigato's description of his Omega Planet Ocean. Like him, I purchased one out of curiousity and was surprised by the product when it arrived. For a $30 watch, it's a nice starter. I wear mine several times a week. Also, he's right in describing Jee as a cooperative, eager seller who sends you pre-shipping pics for you to see what you're getting. He seems eager to please, plus he's listed as a Trusted Dealer to boot!!

Fortey

21/7/10
I got one of these too. I like it a lot, especially for the money. The only problem I have now is that I can't for the life of me get the band off. I also bought the leather strap with orange stitching that I would love to try but it's like these spring pins were welded in.

I'd gladly order from silix again though.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
F it, I'll be the voice of reason. Look, the pics are nice, but really this is back alley quality and not watch many would wear.

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
F it, I'll be the voice of reason. Look, the pics are nice, but really this is back alley quality and not watch many would wear.

Dude, that rep may not be for everyone, but it cost him 30 bucks. 30 bucks!! And it looks pretty and tells time too. I find that quite impressive. I just spent that much only on a rep crystal for god's sake!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Dude, that rep may not be for everyone, but it cost him 30 bucks. 30 bucks!! And it looks pretty and tells time too. I find that quite impressive. I just spent that much only on a rep crystal for god's sake!

I know and I get it, but in reality how many of us would wear that?? I'm not being mean, really, I just don't like it. Sorry Silix, no offense to you.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
It's made using the 007 Quantum of Solace dial, so it's obviously a watch built from overrun parts. And, has anyone mentioned it's only $30? ;) With a regular PO dial in it this watch would sell for $70 or so. I think it's a fine watch for a) the curious or b) newbies who are extremely nervous about getting into the rep world.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
It's made using the 007 Quantum of Solace dial, so it's obviously a watch built from overrun parts. And, has anyone mentioned it's only $30? ;) With a regular PO dial in it this watch would sell for $70 or so. I think it's a fine watch for a) the curious or b) newbies who are extremely nervous about getting into the rep world.

Fair enough and I get the price thing. I was just saying thats all.

captben41

27/4/10
I used the $30 PO to make sure I liked the color orange as much as I thought. Needless to say, I've sold the Silix PO and moved up to the Narikaa version.

For the cash it's a good deal. Wear it well!

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I used the $30 PO to make sure I liked the color orange as much as I thought. Needless to say, I've sold the Silix PO and moved up to the Narikaa version.

For the cash it's a good deal. Wear it well!

Makes sense, I agree, and I would also recommed a WBK, Narikka, or the like to a noob rather then this watch, although those cost a bit a more your getting a better looking more correct watch then the one shown above and I have to believe anyone really interested in reps will not hold onto this one very long, because it looks are lacking, sorry that is all.