• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 Different POs, Need help.

peropero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/10
http://www.1-pc8838.com/0omse00051-planet-ocean-ssss-swiss2824-p-9522.html

What does "Gold Movt Only" mean? In the movement options menu.

And,

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse01002-planet-ocean-455mm-ssru-black-28242-p-9818.html

From what i know, 2836-2 and 2824-2 movements are quite similar? Does the 2824-2 really warrant the slightly higher price?

And finally,

http://www.1-pc8838.com/omse00251-planet-ocean-ssss-asian-4813-28800-p-9574.html

What exactly is 4813 movement? I've googled but couldn't find a substantial amount of information, my guess is it's unreliable hence the lower cost. But i was drawn to the "perfection" of it, Made with a Genuine Watch Completely Dissected.... 1 Full Year in the making......Finally ..The Ulitimate Best 42mm 1 : 1 Planet Ocean... Correct Omega Logo.. No Happy Feet, Purple Tone AR Coating ..Same Tone as Genuine .

So could anyone advice which PO to get?

Thanks.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
pero, what watch do you want? The 42 or the 45? You have to choose that first. Also, if you can live the the date font being off, all of the DG4813's have a really different date font from gen. If you can live with that go cheap for your first one.

I always say go for the ETA clone, it's in the middle of all of those prices. You will go nuts analyzing why one is better than the other. One is a clone of the Swiss movement, one is a so called Swiss movement and the DG series is a Chinese made movement. They will all preform well to keep time. In the end, they will all work and may need to be serviced. Pick one and go from there.

2824 or 2836 is basically the same linge/size. The 2836 was made for day and date. They are used interchangeably on our reps. No discernible difference for your choice.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I haven't looked at your links, but let's try to clean a few things up.

A). Don't pay extra for a "Swiss" movement. You may not get one anyway, or it may be an old movement rebuilt with Chinese parts. The clone A28xx movements are arguably as good and reliable.

B). 2836 is for day and date and runs at 28.8vph as per most high-end gens like the Omega.
2824 is for date only but also runs at 28.8vph.
Either can be run in this watch. Which you get depends on factory stock usually, though the 2836 tends to be more common even in reps of watches which do not show the day of the week.

C). 4813 is a 21J low-beat movement. Is is cheaper, but not bad or unreliable. The second hand will be "tickier" than the gen, but not by a very noticeable amount (21.6vph vs 28.8vph = 6 tics per second vs 8 tics per second).

D). Buy the clone A28xx movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
last one is the new high beat 21j movement. very good from what i have heard.

second is a swiss eta 2824, just go for an asian clone...no point spending extra.

i'd go with the 3rd one.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
One other mention, you will find the same watch in a different link on the same site with a different part number. It is likely that maker "A" made it here or maker "B" made it there. One might be available, the other might not. What you should focus on is which was added the most recent. That one will likely be in stock. The older ones... probably gone. This linked non trusted dealer doesn't update these listings very often. So you will be like I want that one, then they will simply say, sorry not available...

Again, Choose the size and color, then start asking us. ;)

peropero

23/8/10
@all, levelmanroger, Thank you all for your inputs.

@R2D4: Woah, first off i think i've been super out of touch, i didn't realise that they weren't trusted dealers, even Lay is not here. I actually don't have a preference for 42s or 45s, just a good PO buy, i had one with happy feet eons ago.

I used that site as a basis for comparison because on other sites, they don't give as much detail, ala http://puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-45mm-ultimate-edition-upo-on-bracelet-updated-dial/ . Things like "purple AR", etc.

Some POs on puretime have double sided AR, while some are just "sapphire crystal with AR". It's really confusing to me sometimes. That's why i need some inputs, because the experts here are more familiar with the various versions of the POs that have come by.
The best detailed find i had was,

http://puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ultimate-edition-blackorange-on-ss-bracelet-a2836/

Besides the difference in 42s and 45s, am i right to say they are the same thing? Because the 42, as again has really more details in the description.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Mine came from Hont......
SAM_1364b.jpg

Madcatlancelot's came from Trevor...
DSC_5052_001.jpg

Both are A2824, sapphire dbl. AR

One more from MCL......

DSC_5054_001.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I think all of these are Sapphire. All of these come from the same factories. Personally, I think the 42MM is more proportionate in size. The 45.5 just looks big.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Send Marvellous Replica or Trevor or Hont that link and see what they come up with. You might save 20-30 bux. Good choice. Yes.

sydneysider1111

17/6/09
Hey Levelmanroger,
You have just saved me a ton of money and hassle. Can you please tell me (or confirm) - I have a Rolex GMT II ceramic around 2 years old, run perfectly and my watchmaker says Swiss (so 2836 - day and date).
I also have a 45 PO - again Swiss (2824 - date only) that has stopped and become wet and rusty inside.
Are you saying that my Rolex 2836 that I no longer want (bad bracelet and scratched) with good movement, will fit and work in my 45 PO?? Thanks a million.
J