• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3 different J12s comparison

sumiter7

I'm Pretty Popular
17/8/12
Hey guys,

I finally have received all 3 J12's from 3 different vendors at different prices. I thought I would write a comparison of the three J12's.
One is from the Price Angels--priced at around $35; one is from Silix for $67; and the last one is from WBK Time for--not sure--around $120.

I'll show you the pictures before I tell you which one is the cheapie.
I'll also post the link to each watch at the end.
My apologies, I couldn't find my DSLR, so the pictures are taken with my iPhone.

IMG_2781.jpg

Here is the group shot.
IMG_2782.jpg

whitie
IMG_2785.jpg

goldie
IMG_2786.jpg

blackie.

The white ones claim that they're full ceramic, and as far as the two white ones go, they do look ceramic. I don't know about the black one what the gen counterpart should be, but it feels/looks metallic.

Also, for the clasps, the iPhone couldn't take a good picture of it, so I'll have to explain with words. All of them have CHANEL SWISSMADE engraved with laser. Here are the difference. The black one and the RG one has the CHANEL engraved in the same size, but the RG one has paris written below SWISSMADE and the black one doesn't. For the white one, it has smaller size CHANEL, but still has the paris below SWISSMADE.
All three clasps, however, move nicely. None of them is too weak and open by itself.

Next up is the case back.
IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

I only have pictures from 2 of it; I must have forgotten to take a pic of the white one.
Anyways, the white one and the RG one have exactly the same case back. However, the black J12 seems to have much crisper engravings.

IMG_2802.jpg

Here is the pic of the bezels. I didn't bother putting the black one, because the black J12 and the white one had the same looking bezels; but the RG J12 has bigger teeth.
IMG_2805.jpg

Therefore, when you look at them from straight on, the teeth are pointier on the RG J12. It's hard to see it, but when you look at them in person, you could see it. Hardly noticeable, but you could see it.
This picture brings to my next point--the letters on the dial.
Unlike the black and the white J12's, the RG one has bolder letters--CHANEL and J12 are tad bit bolder.

I didn't bother taking the lume shots, because they're next to none. I could have very easily posted a picture of "black" and it would have sufficed.

There is one "flaw" that is shared by the all three:
The second hands don't line up. At certain places they do, but for the post of the part, they don't line up.

Other noticeable difference: The date wheel on the RG J12 is a bit off. The other two seem to be fine.

Here is where they are bought from.
The RG J12 is the one from PA for slightly under $35http://www.priceangels.com/Fashionable-Style-Ceramics-Band-Wrist-Watch-for-Lady-White-and-Golden--s438725.html; the white one is from Silix-Prime for $67.http://www.silix-prime.co/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=116_71&products_id=2566; the WBK one, I can't provide the link because I bought through email.

In my opinion, I don't think the $120 J12 from WBK is worth the price. From what I could tell, the Silix one seems to be about the same, if not better, than WBK's J12. As far as PA's J12 goes, it's wonderful for the price. If not for the date wheel, I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between the significantly more expensive version and this.
Which one would I recommend? If someone I knew was in the market for a J12 rep, I'd strongly suggest that person not to pay more than $70 for the watch. In fact, the Price Angels' J12 seems to be more sensible, especially considering that the PA has free shipping, which makes it a lot cheaper than the Silix's J12.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Reactions: SuperBatman

Ballface

20/6/12
A really informative post, thanks for taking the time to write all this down!

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
Based on this thread, I bought 4 of these give as stocking stuffers to the ladies in my family.

nlnlnlnene

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/10
I'm looking at my wife's gen J12 (black but with different dial) right now and the bezel fonts are way off on all of them.

Date wheel font is completely different.
The caseback also looks totally different.

The black one does resemble the gen but there are simply too many flaws.

Amethystchick

Horology Curious
26/5/13
It looks like both Silix and PA links are no longer working. How are the watches holding up so far?

set2374

I'm Pretty Popular
19/7/12
It looks like both Silix and PA links are no longer working. How are the watches holding up so far?

Nice to see a lady in out midst. :). I bought six of the J12's from PA in December for the ladies in my family. The are all doing very well. They are excellent watches for the money. PA isn't really focusing on watches any more, but you can find the same watches at WatchIV which is a supporting vendor here for about the same price.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jeremylin17

Horology Curious
27/7/14
what about the $300+ swiss movement j12's? what would u say is the main different between a $100 vs $300

vmena

9/4/06
Is there any possibility to find an accurate version if this watch? I've seen some vendors selling it but no clue about accuracy.