• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2836 Issue autowind

pokerhard

Known Member
17/6/15
So I just got this watch in the mail yesterday. Its a used noob sd4k v2 if that matters. It was stopped so I gave it a couple light shakes thinking it would start up to no avail. I gave it a bit of a manual wind and it started right up. I wore it but after a few hours it stopped again. I gave it a few more turns on the manual wind this morning and it went for a while but stopped again while wearing it today. It sounds a bit noisy inside when it shakes and you can almost feel the vibration through crown. Sorry probably a bad description. Any idea what this could be? Hoping its just a quick easy fix. I was going to take it to a local watch place I've used before but they are closed today. Just curious what you guys thought it may be.

I've got no experience fixing watches but I've read that I could take the caseback off with a ball of duct tape. Is it worth giving that a try before taking it to a watch smith or sending to a forum member?

Toddsalice

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/16
If you don't know anything about fixing movements it's not likely you can repair it. Sounds like it needs a service .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SL1234

1/3/16
Check the hands are not touching each other or any of the markers.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Instead of "a few winds", why don't you give it a full wind like you're supposed to. Probably nothing wrong with the movement.

Maybe read the link in my signature about why you should wind your watch.

pokerhard

Known Member
17/6/15
Thanks for the input guys I'm giving the full wind a try. If that doesn't work I'll take it to someone for service.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
sounds like maybe your autowind module might be not right

pokerhard

Known Member
17/6/15
Thanks for the input [MENTION=42327]Raddave[/MENTION]! Maybe the full wind will help otherwise it's probably best to send it for service.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk