• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2254.50 Luminous Markers

takeo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/9/09
Anyone care to post a picture of your rep Seamster 2254.50? It seems as if the markers are tinted a bit green on some pictures I have seen... How about some real-world pictures to help me decide between the 2254.50 and the 42mm Planet Ocean? Thanks, guys!

bryanhayn

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
30/11/09
Ditto. I'm looking to buy the same rep.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Rep 2254:

Omg1.jpg

Gen 2264:

OmegaBox2.jpg

OmegaLume.jpg

I am guessing the rep is more green than the gen because when the gen is charged with sunlight it turns slightly green. Maybe they were trying to give the rep that appearance.

Hope the pics help.

takeo

12/9/09
Thanks for the pic, jmd33. I did end up getting a Planet Ocean (45mm), but I might end up getting this one also. It's really not that bad of a rep. He valve is off, pearl is off (expected), and the dial has its issues, but overall it's nice. I love the long sword hands! Nice watch!

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I love both the rep and gen - on your wrist nobody can tell the difference (or cares for that matter). Whichever I wear people assume it's the same watch. I highly recommend it. I put on a new bezel since the pic was taken, so the pearl is now centered (but still not properly sunken). The PO is on my list too (maybe we should just swap your PO for my SMP every couple weeks ;) )

takeo

12/9/09
lol nothing like owning both PO and 2254! Modern classics. As a matter of fact, a used gen 2254 is definitely attainable and I will buy one eventually. How do you like your quartz version?

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
How do you like your quartz version?

Personally, I prefer the quartz because I can just pick it up and wear it. About half my watches are quartz and both the autos and quartz each have their own features I prefer.