• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Black Stainless

mike171562

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/1/09
Hello, I was looking into purchasing one of the Submariner with the black stainless steel, but does rolex even make a model like that? Ive looked online and cannot find any. Thx.

viewtopic.php?f=196&t=47838

Para

Renowned Member
24/10/08
PVD is the treatment given to these models. Rolex doesn't do it, but a British company does it on gens http://www.discoverprohunter.com/collection/. You may have noticed the trend is up for PVD, even Jennifer Anniston (spelling?) wore a PVD Millie on her last photo shoot. In truth, when PVD is done right, it actually protects your watch. The expert on RWI for this is definitely (IMO) Fakemaster. he posted extensively on the topic of PVD and makes the best looking PVD watches around; I purchased his first matte PVD sub... it's absolutely stunning. I will soon post pictures to show how great the finish holds out... I have taken it in the field, on 20+ mi marches, doing PT, carying loads, you name it... and it not only still ticks like a charm... IT LOOKS THE SAME WAY IT DID WHEN I FIRST GOT IT!! I very enthusiastically recommend you check Fakemaster's posts about PVD and contact him to ask him to make you one... you will not regret it!