• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2 Omega PO Chrono's, whats the difference?

fcorry2005

Horology Curious
10/6/07
Friends,

I want to buy an Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph, but I am confused between two models from two dealers.

1) The first more expensive model is

- http://www.ttwristwatch.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1083

2) The second cheaper model I am considering is

http://www.silix-prime.com/product.asp?id=1630

Can any experts out there tell me the difference as model 2 is far cheaper. I want to obviously go for the best model possible as this is my first choice for a replica watch, but if option 2 is comparable in terms of quality then I could save money and buy an ETA submariner as well =).

Cheers,

FC

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Exact same watch. Trevor has a good price on these as well. $195 including shipping :D

fcorry2005

Horology Curious
10/6/07
Not heard of Trevor yet, whats his website / email?

I think there must be a difference between the two as I've seen several of these cheaper models around. I think the difference could be 22mm lug, and 28,800 movement? If it is exactly the same I'm definately going for it :)

Any other expert out there got any ideas?

fcorry2005

Horology Curious
10/6/07
Ah well, I've gone ahead and bought the $150 model anyway, at that price a 7500 chrono is a steal (unless it breaks and becomes a paperweight). I'm hoping for 28,800 model but at least the 9 sec 7500 is more reliable then 6 sec. I've also gone for the Rolex ETA black sub at $130.00 also a bargain. Combined price with shipping inc $308.00 not to bad at all.

Can't wait to get em.

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
You made the right choice. Andrew's got nice stuff but he can be a bit pricey. Most likely you will get the same watch. I have bought POs from both Andrew and Silix and they are both great quality.

mricky

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/06
The sub dials on the PO are diff from both websites. Not sure which is more accurate.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
different? i'm not seeing any difference on the subdials at all.... same markings....

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
the only difference i do see is that the silix version is 44.5 mm and the twg version is 45.5mm.... and the gen is 45.5mm

and if anyone cares... lower subdial on both is way too far from the other two versus the gen.....

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Silix's has shorter minute hand, and probably second hand. The 3 and 9 markers are also smaller. The short hands are definitely less correct, but the subdial spacing makes everything about either one's 3 & 9 numbers and markers wrong, so pick your poison :)

The shorter hands are a known issue, but at almost half the price, given the fact that both have incorrect subdial spacing, cheaper might be better

fcorry2005

Horology Curious
10/6/07
In the end I cancelled my order with Silix before any money was sent, as I hadn't heard from them in a few days, and by this time had changed my mind.

Silix (Jay & Angela) were very polite and friendly, cancelled my order straight away, and confirmed that they had been away for a few days, so from thier response I would say they are a very good dealer, and would certainly do business with them in the near future as their prices, are very competative. I have gone with another dealer on this occasion, only because they were able to source a specifc watch I wanted, but I won't put details on this post, as I want to finish by saying that Silix (Jay and Angela) are excellent, and I can highly recommend their customer service.

jlorenzo

Known Member
18/1/07
I bought to silix and he sent other quality watch, bad quality, no tthe same that pictures.
Jay&Angel > :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ReplicasRSweet

Horology Curious
11/12/06
Hi,

I'm resurrecting this thread in the hopes somebody has bought a PO Chrono from Silix. The Silix and Andrew versions look similar but are not exactly the same. The caseback on Silix's version seems to be missing some text and the top of the chrono buttons overlap on Silix's version also. It seems to be slightly inferior but for about 1/2 the price ($150) I'm going to go for it. It doesn't specify if it's the high beat 7750 either. It's got the black background on the date so maybe it is the new 7750.

I'm also ordering a Yacht Master with that cool silver/gray dial. ETA movement for $155. Andrew is selling the exact same one for around $220.

Throw in that year end deal Silix is having for a mystery watch of the brand you choose for $19.99 so I couldn't resist!