• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126610lv VSF vs 16610lv ARF

G_trail

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/24
Good morning everyone...I was undecided between the Rolex 126610lv VSF and the 16610lv ARF v.2 (or BPF)

in practice I appreciate the level of replication and the quality of the movement of the first one
On the other hand, I like the Kermit better in terms of shape and color, but here I've heard some bad things about it, both ARF but above all BPF, and they have SH3135 and Asian 3135 movements respectively.
However, I have read old discussions on the 16610lv and I hope that the recent versions have solved the problems of coevitability and poor precision.
Let me start by saying that I have neither the ability nor the desire to modify the factory clock.
Looking at the Kermit ARF it would appear to be a Mark I, (4 fat, large Swiss made lettering with low 28-32 indices, oval Rolex O, without RRR etc.)
I honestly didn't find any major flaws in it but I don't have an expert eye.
The BPF on the other hand is a fairly recent version but I don't know exactly which one.
Could you update me specifically on the ARF?
I like the 5 digits better than the 6, but I need someone to convince me 😅

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
ARF Kermit is good. It has a little bit flaw, most are not unbearable, and fixable through modding/ frankening.

1. CG is off ( but some gen is heavily polished and becoming funny looking too)
2. The hands Lume color is off ( comparing to the dial lume color)—> can be improved by reluming or replacing better hands (TC lv hands
3. The hands lume is too saturated under natural sunlight ( fix: same as #2)
4. The dial font might be too grey in some* Arf example
5. The dial font print might not be perfect/100% aligned.. especially under a loupe.
6. The crown in clasp might not be perfectly centered , not a big deal imho..

@KJ2020 is an expert on 16610.. he would be able to offer more info/advice

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302 and AG91

wisedennis

Looking for : NWBIG PAM, Noob Pam, DSN, pm me
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA

I like my Arf 16610, even though it’s not a perfect rep, but it’s good enough imo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Dave2302

G_trail

11/4/24
ARF Kermit is good. It has a little bit flaw, most are not unbearable, and fixable through modding/ frankening.

1. CG is off ( but some gen is heavily polished and becoming funny looking too)
2. The hands Lume color is off ( comparing to the dial lume color)—> can be improved by reluming or replacing better hands (TC lv hands
3. The hands lume is too saturated under natural sunlight ( fix: same as #2)
4. The dial font might be too grey in some* Arf example
5. The dial font print might not be perfect/100% aligned.. especially under a loupe.
6. The crown in clasp might not be perfectly centered , not a big deal imho..

@KJ2020 is an expert on 16610.. he would be able to offer more info/advice
I read about these imperfections, but they haven't been fixed with the latest version?

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
You should go with a BP with a 2836 movement. The movement is awesome and if it ever fails you can always have a Swiss Sellita sw200 put in it and still have less money in it than the Vsf.

G_trail

11/4/24
You should go with a BP with a 2836 movement. The movement is awesome and if it ever fails you can always have a Swiss Sellita sw200 put in it and still have less money in it than the Vsf.

I found the BPF with Asian3135 while the ARF with SH3135. Furthermore, the BP dial is not contemporary. Only the price is good about it

Reactions: Zeta7

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I found the BPF with Asian3135 while the ARF with SH3135. Furthermore, the BP dial is not contemporary. Only the price is good about it
I’m not certain what you mean by contemporary. The arf is a good looking watch. Get yourself an Arf since it’s the one you like the most. You’ll never go wrong buying something you like instead of someone else picking one for you

Last edited:

G_trail

11/4/24
I thought you wanted the 5 digit 50th anniversary. BP has 5 digit 50th anniversary edition. With the more desirable vr3135 movements. They started using them late last year. There’s a post about it. I prefer the 2836 myself because I can direct swap for a Swiss Sellita. Bp has them with 2836 3135 or 2813. All of their 50th anniversary watches are the same regardless which movement you choose. However I’m not certain what you mean by contemporary. The Arf 16610LV in the picture is a 50th anniversary edition also.
yes I am looking for a 50th anniversary but, at least from my TD, I have only found an ARF SH3135 or a BP Asian3135. It is true that the model beyond the movement is always the same but there are some substantial details of difference. by contemporary I mean "coeval" (google translate!), that is, that the version based on the serial number and other details, the replica is faithful to the original and the 16610lv has many versions. for example if it has RRR it cannot be Fat4.
I'm currently trying to figure out that the ARF has fixed the lumen issues and other flaws. otherwise I will evaluate (against myself) the 126610lv VSF

G_trail

11/4/24
I’m not certain what you mean by contemporary. The arf is a good looking watch. Get yourself an Arf since it’s the one you like the most. You’ll never go wrong buying something you like instead of someone else picking one for you
I don't want someone to choose for me but I want to hear the opinion of someone who knows the 16610lv ARF better than me and understand if ARF has solved the known problems of previous versions. I would not tolerate a replica with obvious aesthetic defects or problems of coevalness. otherwise I will choose the VSF 6 digit which does not have these problems... but it is a completely different sub

Reactions: Zeta7 and Dave2302

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
yes I am looking for a 50th anniversary but, at least from my TD, I have only found an ARF SH3135 or a BP Asian3135. It is true that the model beyond the movement is always the same but there are some substantial details of difference. by contemporary I mean "coeval" (google translate!), that is, that the version based on the serial number and other details, the replica is faithful to the original and the 16610lv has many versions. for example if it has RRR it cannot be Fat4.
I'm currently trying to figure out that the ARF has fixed the lumen issues and other flaws. otherwise I will evaluate (against myself) the 126610lv VSF
The 5 digit Kermit has so many variations of bezels and dials. Some with rehauts some without and different bracelets that is what makes it difficult to tell if it’s a rep or gen. Unless someone has a book on 5 digit Kermit’s they’ll never get it right. I don’t think you’ll find a rep maker that gets it right either so you’ll probably have to do a couple of mods regardless of what maker you choose. That can be the fun part of the hobby. I wish you luck in finding the rep you want. There’s lots to choose from

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
I suggest you check out the post about “BP re-release of 5 digit subs with vr135” before you eliminate them especially since you’re looking at having to mod whichever rep you choose

G_trail

11/4/24
The 5 digit Kermit has so many variations of bezels and dials. Some with rehauts some without and different bracelets that is what makes it difficult to tell if it’s a rep or gen. Unless someone has a book on 5 digit Kermit’s they’ll never get it right. I don’t think you’ll find a rep maker that gets it right either so you’ll probably have to do a couple of mods regardless of what maker you choose. That can be the fun part of the hobby. I wish you luck in finding the rep you want. There’s lots to choose from
I carefully studied an article on all the versions of the 16610lv and the ARF model (no rehaut) seems to be perfectly compatible with the Mark1 (except for an engraving on the first link of the bracelet that they put on in 2004/2005).
However, this is not the issue. I would like to understand if in the latest version of the ARF they have solved the lumen problem and other small imperfections

G_trail

11/4/24
I suggest you check out the post about “BP re-release of 5 digit subs with vr135” before you eliminate them especially since you’re looking at having to mod whichever rep you choose

I rule out making changes so I'm trying to acquire this information. possibly change model

Zeta7

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
9/11/23
The 5 digit Kermit can be a deep rabbit hole. One like Alice in wonderland would appreciate. You can spend a pile of time and money in a rabbit hole like that. However at the end you’ll still have a rep. and that’s all it’ll be. Nobody but you will appreciate all that went into it.