• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126500 Clean Daytona, are these timegrapher numbers acceptable??

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Fair play to ya, shows yer keen ;)
I just slip a bit of heat shrink between the metal and the watch case.
How long are you leaving the watches on the TG ?

I leave mine on for at least 10 mins to allow them to settle, always fully wind them first as well.

A lot of reps seem to vary accuracy when tilted at different angles, it's the nature of the beasts, but they spend more time upright than flat when most folks are wearing them, friction in the balance slows them a bit, your aim is to get 'em bob on Zero when upright, (6 o'clock down) (y)

I did get a cheap as fuck red Submariner to hit the magic zero recently, but tbh I think that was more luck than judgement :ROFLMAO:

Andrew_watchlist

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/24
@116515guy, let me explain what the issue here is...

You want this:

KCcJJI.jpeg

But you can't or don't want to buy A), so you eventually decided to settle with a replica:

KCccWc.jpeg

So far so good. Nothing wrong with that.

But there's one little detail that apparently confuses you: B) can't reach top speeds of 300+ km/h because it's not the "real thing". A) can reach such top speeds, but it costs multiple times of what B) costs.

The problem is this: You can't expect B) to perform the same way that A) can. You have will have to adjust your expectations or you will not experience happiness in this hobby. The fact that you even asked whether those timegrapher numbers are "acceptable" kind of implies that currently your expectations aren't adjusted accordingly.

Besides, timegrapher photos are just momentary snapshots of the watch in a single position. There really isn't any more information to be extracted from this other than the watch indeed works, and that's really the sole purpose of a timegrapher shot. It's definitely not an in-depth analysis of its actual performance.
I want that rep, it’s awesome.