• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver in tactical gear

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
Finally finished my pool and my new workshop and had some time to play around with some ideas I had.
I have made probably over a hundred AP Diver straps by now, but I started to get tired of all the croc, hornback and shark versions and wanted something a bit more tactical.
A customer ordered a nice grey canvas strap for his AP Diver:

And that got me to think and I made this:

Can be worn as a bund strap or as a regular strap. I tapered this one down to 18mm at the tail and buckle because I didn't want it to over power my regular size wrists (7"):

Now I just wish I had never soid my DLC APD, because this combination sure would look stunning:

My friend who bought it from me gave it to me to take the pic (... and ordered the strap already :) ). Great to see the difference of VAC's work in comparison to a stock watch - especially the crystal:

BTW - VAC was extra nice and made me a blue seconds hand which will be installed ASAP.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Very nice looking strap, makes the whole watch look so different from the usual rubber or leather strap.:thumbsup:

By the way, i'm just curious to know that is it possible to make a strap for diver using sailcloth?:thinking:

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
holy shit.. I want one!! can you make one in gun metal grey? PM me a price if you could.. thanks

donerix

I'm Pretty Popular
9/2/09
Nicaragua
Will have to look for canvas in that color, but shouldn't be too hard ti find.
Sailcloth will work but is - like canvas - a bi@tch to work with..

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
not for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11

Nice to know that sailcloth does work, should look nice on the diver i think. :thumbsup:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Needs rivets maybe???

AP-comp2-2_zps9b2f789a.jpg

:)

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12

if you can get it close to gun metal grey, let me know. I'll definitely take one. Thanks..