• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

genuine Spectre on eBay?

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
Hi guys,

New to the forum here - currently waiting on a Spectre rep from Toro, so excited about that...

However, I'm also considering the genuine timepiece, but have some doubts on the alligator strap that is included with this version instead of the brushed 007 bracelet. Take a look if you can offer some advice!

Omega Seamaster Super Limited Ed. Bond 007 Spectre watch Alligator/deployment http://r.ebay.com/86bZOj

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
I inquired why there is an alligator strap instead of the brushed bracelet, and I was told this story:

Supposedly the seller received the item from his friend (who is an Omega rep), and this particular Spectre edition included the alligator strap/deployment clasp instead of the steel bracelet. He said only a few models like this were sent to dealers and that is why you don't see them at an AD.

I am also skeptical of the no return policy

franki3roman

Horology Curious
26/7/15
Dial markers seem off to me (6 and the arrow point don't line up right). Not sure if anyone else noticed that or if it's just me.
I'd be skeptical about the no return as well.

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
It's definitely a gen. Plus it comes with the cards and even the tag. All of which should match with the serial number on the lug. Oh and let's not forget about the box too! But yeah, I'd pass on it because it doesn't come with the bracelet. Dropped value right there.

Sirlordcomic

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
4/8/14
Damn I wonder what it sold for? I got mine for 5K flat, shipped no customs, no paypal fees!

easfarmers

20/11/15
the dealer story about his friend and special edition is bs. even though the watch seem gen i'll caution you not to get it due to the seller's dishonesty.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Looks like it sold for the full asking price ($7k) - not a best offer. That's crazy considering several have sold in the last couple weeks for around $6500 with the bracelet.

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
thanks guys, I told him not including the bracelet lowered its value, but I guess he got paid anyway!

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
Actually been relisted so sale didn't go through. However if a few were shipped from Omega like this with a croc deployment strap then there's no reason why not having the bracelet would devalue it. If anything it might increase its value in years to come.

thescorpiusgroup

13/11/15
I chatted with an Omega Boutique rep yesterday, and he stated that he was unaware of any Spectre editions shipping like this to any dealers. He said typically any AD would not allow someone to swap a feature that is inclusive to a limited edition timepiece.

He did state, however, that it is possible to acquire the brushed steel 007 bracelet, so that would not be a problem.

namemyname

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/15
You can tell it's a Gen from the thick metal insert between the crystal and liquid metal bezel. All the replica spectre models sport a thin metal insert which is one of the obvious tells of the watch. In addition, the lume is way too good on that watch to be a rep, it shines like a mother tucker. Which means it is a Gen or the seller got an aftermarket lume job which seems unlikely

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk