• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Buying RO replica - help needed

[Beast]

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/15
Hey!

I'm buying a replica AP RO watch. The saying "he who buys fast, buys twice" is quite true, so I started doing the research on RO replicas and sure enough I ended here. Which is great, because I see there are a lot of real experts on reps here.

I stopped wearing a watch around the time I started using the mobile phone, somewhere in 2000 I guess. Before that I had some cheap watches, among them a Casio Twincept, which was really cool at the time. Found the AP RO design in some magazine years ago and I really liked it, but I knew I couldn't afford it.

Honestly, I'm getting tired of pulling my phone out of my pocket to see what time it is. I never knew reps habe such a devoted following until two days ago. That's great, I can now get a replica AP RO for the price of a Swatch or whatever boring watch.

I like the pure beauty of original RO but any RO or ROO is nice. The choice would be tough, but after reading a lot about movements, issues with some reps, seeing the prices and so on, I pretty much decided on a black face 15400 SS RO with Miyota 9015 movement.

The ROO are quite big watches, the diver's design is a bit "constricted" and the RO chronograph replicas I found are not like originals, so it's 15400. Black face chronograph would be the first choice, but I couldn't find one that looks legit (no 9 o'clock secs) or had a good review.

I've set my budget at about 250 EUR with shipping included. It's my first rep watch I'm buying and I don't want to waste my money on a watch that stops working in few months. Will use it as everyday watch.

So here are my questions, I'm sure a lot of this has been answered before, so please point me to the right threads. Tnx.

- What would be the best price for a RO 41mm 15400 SS black face with Miyota 9015 movement, shipped to EU? (I don't care if it's a cheap version with some details flawed, I need it to be working properly)

- How about the customs? Are there any problems, being a replica?

- Would you recommend Miyota 9015 over asian ETA 2836?

- What would be the best site to look for watches for EU? I can make an order in BE, NL.

- Are there any good RO chrono reps out there? I found one with japanese quart VK movement for 260 USD. Anybody knows more about this watch? Would you recommend that over a automatic 15400 SS with Miyota 9015 movement?

- I also like the skeleton version of RO. Links for good offers.

Thank you for your help.

cornholio

Renowned Member
6/5/15
Its no surprise that no one has replied yet. you are looking for someone on this forum to spoon feed you all the answers, and thats alot of spoon feeding judging by your 6 questions.

Open the AP section and you will find tons of threads on the 15400, actually, just search for "15400" and you'll get everything you need mate. There are already too many threads on this model. Literally every nut and screw has been discussed of every version there is. You've decided on the 15400, thats great, now do some more research and all your questions will be answered.

This is just friendly advice, I suggest you take it and you'll have a great time on this forum

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
Reading all your questions and seeing your premisses ... the only choice you have is TORO.

He is offering the 15400 with MIYOTA 9015 as a lite version in 4 dial colors at a good discount atm ... add 60$ for triangle shipment and you are spot-on your limit!

Have a look here: http://www.torobravo2015.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18_49&product_id=1386

But don´t forget:

- these are reps, you have no life-time guarantee and a rep can die today or 2020 ... yo´ll never know
- triangle shipment, via UK to your country is easy and nearly without problems as there is no customs risk (though nothing is 100% safe)
- there are no good ROC´s and no good Skeleton RO´s atm

Start with the above linked watch, pay your price, get QC pics, wait patiently for 14-20 days to arrive at your door. size the bracelet and wear the watch with pride, you´ll love it.

Dr. Theo

[Beast]

25/8/15
Tnx for your answers. I was reading the forum a few hours last night and I also came to the conclusion that Toro Bravo 41mm Lite version is the best option ATM.

Is Toro from Europe?

TF version is also nice, but since AP RO will be my first replica ever and the first watch in almost 20 years, I will probably go for the Lite version. I guess by the time it breaks down, there will be a good ROC or Skeleton version on the market then.

[Beast]

25/8/15
Two more questions regarding the Toro Lite AP RO 41mm SS:

- is the thickness info correct? Is the watch really 10mm thick?

- what factory was it made in? It only says which other replica the factory made, not which one it is. the factory maker is new maker who made great replica IWC MARK XVI v2

[Beast]

25/8/15
So I made my order. Toro's AP RO 15400 Lite Black dial SS/SS version it is.

It's my first replica so I decided on this version, mostly because I set myself a budget, but also because I've only seen gen AP RO once in a display in Amsterdam, never held it in my hand and had a good look at it. That goes for the reps also, so I have nothing to compare it to. On the pics posted here it looks great, the Miyota movement has good reviews, the price is right - no brainer.

I'm super excited about it. I've known about this watch for a long time but I've also known the price, so I thought it was my dream watch I'll never have. But a few days ago I thought "maybe somebody makes replicas of this thing". And then I found this forum.

Hope I get a nice piece that will run for some time.

MADRED7

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/11
... I got my wife the cheapo version with closed caseback and 36mm. Movement is the Asian 2813 Automatic. She wears the watch daily since 2 years, the watch is rocked and shows lots of wear on the case, bezel and bracelet ... but it makes the watch look mor authentic and the movement is strong.

Not bad for a 170$ rep and cheapo movement ... so this can be hit or miss. Good luck and wear it well.

Dr. Theo

D

d4m.test

Well first things first. You managed to find this place before buying. That means you've saved yourself some cash and will probably continue to buy more reps. If you didn't find this place first, you undoubtedly would have been scammed by some crap website, and having lost your budget, you'd probably have given up on reps before event getting started. You have got a good deal here, and I'm sure that with it being your first watch, you'll be astounded by the quality. This wont be your last, and before you know it, you'll have a ROO. And as we AP fans know, ROO's are kind of like pringles, once you pop.....

Enjoy this hobby buddy. Stick around and do lots and lots of reading. This is a great community, very informative and helpful bunch of folk who all share a hobby.

[Beast]

25/8/15
Yeah, this forum was a deciding factor. Totally agree with you, before this forum all I found were more expensive reps, some of them with inferior movements.

I really wanted a ROC or RO skeleton, but since there are no god reps out there, I went for 15400 first. It is quite likely I will buy another rep in the future, but first I have to get the one I just ordered.

Now for the LOOOOOONG wait. Patience is the key.

D

d4m.test

Indeed it is my friend. But it will come.

[Beast]

25/8/15
And it did come. All costs were 240€, so a bit under the set budget.

And even if it's a budget watch, it is amazing. So nicely done. Now, if they could only make a miyota PP Nautilus with correct hands.

Great hobby it is.