• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone else has issues with Snprstraps

ngocout84

Horology Curious
1/2/15
It has now been a month sick he told me he'll get the strap out to me "by the weekend." Helpdesk ticket been opened for three weeks and still getting the "I'll get it out to you by the weekend" answer. I emailed him requesting my money back. Cc'ed trailboss as I'm no longer interested in doing business with this person. Pending resolution, I understand we have a no paypal dispute rules but this is really testing my patience.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
I really hope you get it sorted mate.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
We don't really have a no PayPal dispute rule. It's actually "No PayPal dispute without first discussing it with a mod" rule. If time is running out on your time limit for disputes, then explain it to the mod you've been dealing with and get an approval. No reason you shouldn't use that if it's the only chance you have of resolving the problem.

Teris

31/12/14
SNPR should lose his TD status, in my opinion. This is unacceptable behavior.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Lead times are currently under discussion by admin staff. The thing here is his advertised lead time is 12 weeks so he's "only" a month over.

That's not to say we are happy with the situation, far from it but I for one would not be buying from anyone with that kind of lead time in the first place. That's me however and obviously a lot of people are or it wouldn't exist. I am working with the OP to obtain a resolution.

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
I have to ask how busy can a man be that his lead time to make 1 strap is 3 months. Wow. I will not be a customer as much as I chase straps

sent from my noob Samsung V5

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Sounds to me like snpr is taking your money and ordering straps from another strap maker in Asia. Clever idea if that's the case.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Sounds to me like snpr is taking your money and ordering straps from another strap maker in Asia. Clever idea if that's the case.

That sounds very unfair to me, especially considering an SNPR strap isn't exactly cheap. I hope at least this is not confirmed.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Where is this TD to give us some light on this whole situation ? Very poor customers services to say the least...

he will never see a penny out of my pocket...

I am wondering if he treats is gen client the same way as he does with Rep ones... Someone should ask him on the gen forum ...

ngocout84

Horology Curious
1/2/15
I asked him before I purchased. He said 8-12 weeks is on there cause he doesn't want people to press for updates when he gets really busy. He said his turn around time are usually a month which is about the same as other custom strap maker. H3 actually just email me and said he shipping it today.

ngocout84

Horology Curious
1/2/15
Where is this TD to give us some light on this whole situation ? Very poor customers services to say the least...

he will never see a penny out of my pocket...

I am wondering if he treats is gen client the same way as he does with Rep ones... Someone should ask him on the gen forum ...
He does, I'm also a gen owner. There were a few post on the rolex forum about his "timeliness" and answering people's email. I found this info after I ordered of course.

ngocout84

Horology Curious
1/2/15
So the strap was delivered for me. I won't be home for another week. I'll update with pics on the strap I've been waiting for over 18 weeks.

coltsivers

Known Member
6/2/15
Let me share with you my "story" with SNPR these last weeks (months indeed, :unsure:)

On the 22nd of February, I ordered a strap from Joe at SNPR.
The delivery time given by him at the order was 8-12 weeks which was not a problem for me.

9 weeks after my first order, by the beginning of May, I contacted him again to order a second strap and some days after, a third one that was ready to be shipped (inventory clearance).
I also asked him the delivery time for the 2 straps to be made and Joe told me he'll work on them the following days.

After some emails during the end of May and beginning of June, I finally received around mid June the last 2 straps I ordered but still not the first one ordered the 22nd of February.

The SNPR straps received at that time were really nice and very good quality, no question about that.

The following 3 weeks, I tried to contact Joe again but never got any answers to my email about the third strap to be shipped.
I knew that Joe told on his Facebook account that he was very busy and the lead time was increasing but I was 19 weeks after the order and got no answers to my email.

So, I opened a help desk ticket here.
With the support of Trailboss (once again thank very much for the help you provide to forum members in these difficult situations), communication with Joe improved (but still not great) and the strap was finally delivered to me 6 weeks later.

So at the end, it was 25 weeks after my order...

Last "funny" detail, the strap received was not exactly how I asked because 2 weeks after the order of this strap, I asked Joe to modify something in my order and he replied "ok, no problem".
This is just a "small detail" on the complete strap but it changes completely the look of the strap.
I asked Joe how we could fix that, but guess what, no answer to my email sent 2 weeks ago...
The strap is also really nice, but not as expected and not the style of strap I wanted, so this one will probably be sold here in the future.

At this point, and even if I really like the quality and design of the straps made by Joe, I'm more than disappointed by the communication and customer care provided. I've dealt with probably 10 to 15 different strap makers and, even if they don't all reach the quality of SNPR straps, I never had such a bad communication and customer service.

At the end of the day, I still think that Joe is a honest guy and will deliver if you ordered something from him but you really need to be very patient and not expect a good communication.
I usually don't like to write negative opinion about people but as asked by the staff, I wanted to share my story with you.

Thanks

Yannic

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
did you read this thread before ordering ?

coltsivers

Known Member
6/2/15
did you read this thread before ordering ?

The order was placed on February 22nd and this thread was opened mid May...

When I ordered the strap , Joe told me about a 8-12 weeks delivery time not 6 months...

Yannic

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I feel for you... Pas far as I am concerned this is way below TD standards...

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Let's be honest here guys, 8-12 weeks was crazy from the beginning imho. Only once I accepted such expected time span from a strapmaker (not snpr) and ended up waiting more than 4 months for.my straps (which btw arrived also thanks to mods intervention - this was on another forum).
Personally I will never accept this again, if someone needs so much time to make a strap he has either too much work to handle or he is not putting the necessary effort in making the expensive product he is selling.
I get that things may happen in everyone's life, but when you have somebody's money in your pocket you need to get the job done or refund, no matter what.
Just my 0.02 of course :)

JLS1963

Renowned Member
22/2/15
Lets agree that SNPR makes a good strap. Lets agree that he was voted as one of the worlds best strap makers by some bloggers. His prices are not cheap. I would consider what he makes a "Luxury Item" based on his selling costs.
Would anyone walk into an AD for your top Swiss watch brands, and be told to take a number, I'll be with you in an hour. Or better yet, come back tomorrow. We wouldn't stand for such disrespect. Luxury items REQUIRE TOP LEVEL CUSTOMER SERVICE!!
What many Custom Producers of Luxury Goods do is close their order books when they exceed capacity. If customers are willing to wait 12 weeks for a strap thats great....but deliver that strap on time, and dont quit responding to communications. Thats a total DOucheBag move.
Disrespecting one RWI member was bad enough, but now he has done it to another, and TB needed to get involved both times. Thats total BS.
He doesnt deserve to be a Supporting Vendor. He cant keep his committments, and it seems he is a weasel that hides from his customers.

There are other great Strap Makers that would love to have our business, who put out a high quality product and keep their word. SNPR deserves to to shown the door.... His prices are up there with Rob Montana and Greg Stevens...but his customer service is Canal Street quality.