• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New BP Daytona reps

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Hi all,

Very affordable and look good for the price. I’ve got a white clean Daytona but might get the black at this price. What do the experts think? 13mm thick is close for this movement.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I wouldn't. The fully functioning 7750 with modifier plate is a notoriously unreliable movement due to the modifier plate. Also I am dubious at the 13 mm statement. The movement itself is thick. The only 7750 that approached genuine thickness is the ARF. That one deleted the functional subdials at three and nine. I'm curious what other information will be posted here

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Well my instinct would be that, for the money, you probably can't go far wrong. BP have always been a reliable bet for brilliant value, quality that's up there with the top factories and - more often than not - the best dials you can get. So, while there is the heightened risk of lesser longevity with the modified 7750 (not that that's saying much in the world of chrono movements - the damn things can go squiffy if you as much as look at them funny), my gut says you'll be a happy camper gadding about in one of these.

Last edited:

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
If not using the sub function, it should be okay, shouldn’t it? Even on my reliable chrono watches I never use the chrono function. Just running this for normal time I assume should be okay.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
If not using the sub function, it should be okay, shouldn’t it? Even on my reliable chrono watches I never use the chrono function. Just running this for normal time I assume should be okay.
What about thickness? A 7750 rep in no way can be done within 12.4mm, a significantly thickened Daytona can be noticed quite far away.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
a significantly thickened Daytona can be noticed quite far away.
This "instant tell" stuff is as good as a myth, given the vanishingly small chance you'll ever meet anyone who would spot that when you're wearing it. Unless you bump into a Rolex nerd from the forums or someone else wearing a gen who is also extremely observant (and most gen owners aren't), no one will ever know.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
This "instant tell" stuff is as good as a myth, given the vanishingly small chance you'll ever meet anyone who would spot that when you're wearing it. Unless you bump into a Rolex nerd from the forums or someone else wearing a gen who is also extremely observant (and most gen owners aren't), no one will ever know.
More than 1mm extra thickness I assume? Yes, I can tell if you sit next to me. For me, that's bad enough.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
That must be a jewish restaurant performing those for eight day old boys. And before anyone tries to accuse me for saying a racist comment, I am not racist in anyway because on the eighth day of a child's life they are routinely performed during daylight hours.
That's scientific too because of the highest presence of the clotting factor vitamin K on the eighth day, no idea why.

Reactions: asusundevils1971

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
23/2/23
Canada
That's scientific too because of the highest presence of the clotting factor vitamin K on the eighth day, no idea why.
Where is that phillipC guy with all his degrees. Maybe he could have opened up a discussion explaining the reasons for doing it on the eight day. @Dave2302 can you beckon your Daytona friend and ask if he can help all us redneck folk and explain the above. (y)

Think Feefo might say the two of us are thread crapping but eBoy would back us up since this isn't in the FFZ.

Last edited:

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Where is that phillipC guy with all his degrees. Maybe he could have opened up a discussion explaining the reasons for doing it on the eight day. @Dave2302 can you beckon your Daytona friend and ask if he can help all us redneck folk and explain the above. (y)

Think Feefo might say the two of us are thread crapping but eBoy would back us up since this isn't in the FFZ.
Let's not discuss this here further or we might be circumcised by these guys soon... :ROFLMAO:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
dick comments 😄
Beavis And Butthead Lol GIF by Paramount+

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
@ Dave2302 can you beckon your Daytona friend

LOL, Phil C is not and never was "Daytona Fweind" :p :ROFLMAO:

He turned out to be a certifiable loony, who sold me a cheap Daytona that with a couple of minor mods is now a nice Daytona that was well worth the money , but c'mon he did give us an absolute epic hilarious thread and we are still talkin' about it now ...................................

Philliiiiiiiiiiiiiip ................ "fuckin' legend"

Reactions: asusundevils1971

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
LOL, Phil C is not and never was "Daytona Fweind" :p :ROFLMAO:

He turned out to be a certifiable loony, who sold me a cheap Daytona that with a couple of minor mods is now a nice Daytona that was well worth the money , but c'mon he did give us an absolute epic hilarious thread and we are still talkin' about it now ...................................

Philliiiiiiiiiiiiiip ................ "fuckin' legend"

What thread are we talking about? Now I need to know 😄

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
Last edited: