• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory New Submariner Series Review (Incl. Comparison Pics vs Gen)

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I can never understand what makes it so hard for them to mould the cases with the correct shapes if they always claimed to be dissecting the gen up for their productions.
With the super CAD softwares and computerized moulding machines nowadays, getting the shape right is just a piece of cake really. Or am I wrong with this understanding?

stance

Known Member
9/8/13
Singapore
If u hold these 2 side by side, the cg difference is not actually very obvious. It doesn’t really bother me as Gen also have flaws and tolerance by batches and productions. I own a Gen GMT and it has flaws by batches too.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

up2wind

Supporter
Certified
9/6/19
Rip clean cg.

but clean rehaut is much better. Gotta wait for 2 more revision batch before they get it right. Lol

Reactions: Jayalvin777

c.dimitri

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/11/19
Quick question:
Is the 3130 movement inside the CF no date a real clone? Does this mean: it doesn’t have a ghost date position and there is no date disc? Or is it a 3135 with no date disc and 3130 engravings?

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
What is it lacking aside from slightly different cgs?

Nothing except what you mentioned yourself. You could argue the case that CF does other things better than the VSF, rehaut for example. That would cancel out the improved but still slightly incorrect CGs for some.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I have the first batch Clean 114060 and it has 116610 serial engraved.

Oh and if someone wants spares or mod their current no date I can list following Clean no date parts for sale - VR3130+dial+hands+crystal.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate

I can only say, I'm more than happy and also impressed with the CF. After a Spa treatment for the bracelet, everything feels absolutely great. Tolerances and SELs are tight, no play whatsoever.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
I can never understand what makes it so hard for them to mould the cases with the correct shapes if they always claimed to be dissecting the gen up for their productions.
With the super CAD softwares and computerized moulding machines nowadays, getting the shape right is just a piece of cake really. Or am I wrong with this understanding?

It’s harder than you think, cases are not moulded. They are press die punched as blanks and all contours including crown guards are normally CNC machined. There are many processes and Depending on tooling and machine capabilities there can be restrictions, once some processes are created it’s costly to change or re-tool them. Pretty sure theses factories don’t have a heap of 5 axis machines making cases, if they did it’d be a case of simply rewriting program and we’d have exact internal angled radiuses and so forth. It could also be the simple case that the factory is basing its product of an older case or for example using a gmt spec for subs. The gen sub crown guards have also changed profile slightly over the many years of its production which is another thing to take into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZeroFive

Horology Curious
1/6/21
I noticed there are some people who hates and discourage others from buying clean when there are many factories out there. All factories have their own flaws, which are pointed out in their own threads but not as how other people do on clean thread. There are people who are obviously discouraging others to buy clean. Seems there is hate?

​​​

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I noticed there are some people who hates and discourage others from buying clean when there are many factories out there. All factories have their own flaws, which are pointed out in their own threads but not as how other people do on clean thread. There are people who are obviously discouraging others to buy clean. Seems there is hate?

​​​

There's no hate but the thing is clean aka zzf finessed people not once but twice (904L fraud). Clean makes a lot of things good sadly their crown guards are far from vsf or even zf quality.

Reactions: KJ2020

Fedon06

Known Member
31/8/20
M Town
Hey, has anyone handled a Clean (114060 to be precise) and a Gen in hand together? Apart from crown guards, how is the general feel of Clean vs Gen? Does it feel off or it’s really good?

considering that Gen owners dont know the details of these watches as we do :D

Subdued

20/11/19
Here's a quick cg comparison, left CF / right ARF (v3)

Hello sir. Can you take a peek if the serial number is 114060? I wanna wear this on Nato so it matters to me. Thanks in advance sir.