• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Member Alert! Watcheden moved to Probationary Status

ewatch

25/10/08
Wow now this is a great sign hopefully they will get their act together, we the members have a voice and thats a great feeling, im glad to see we have a true OPEN FORUM.

Great Work mods

VagueByDesign

19/10/09
Someone told me that idolreplica was in the WE family. I got an order from them a couple weeks ago and it was perfect. Five days from shipping to my door, so that makes me happy. I do have to say that trying to communicate with their customer service was a beast. I was trying to get some information on the next watch I was going to order, but their inability to understand what I was asking caused me to start exploring other vendors. Too bad because I have ordered from them two or three times now with no difficulty, but it is always a roll of the dice when you aren't certain the person on the other end is taking the time to understand exactly what it is you are looking for.

Dreadnought

5/10/08
LoS & the rest of the admin/mod team, good looking out. I gotta ask, was there one case that threw you over the edge or was this a constant build up?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Yes, WE are still on probation.

Col.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I totally support the Admin for any decisions that make our buying safer. My normal dealer is Hont, but the Black Bond I bought from WE has been GREAT. I also just ordered a pink Cartier for my wife from them. I'll post my experience (hopefully good). It seems it is probably a lack of consistency that may be issue - but so far, I have had very good luck with them.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
And that is what we want to hear jmd.
No doubt the probationery status of both WE and Silix
will be looked at in the near future.

Col.

lecool

Known Member
30/10/08
I recentlly purchased a Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 1 from WE. Had absolutley no problems at all and the watch arrived ahead of the time I had expected. Watch was in perfect condition and runs like a champ.

omenixon

Horology Curious
20/7/09
Watcheden has bad post-buy costumer service

I'm new here in the forum, so I don't know if this is the right section to register this complaint against this website.

I have made 3 orderes from Watcheden before, but my last order was a complete disaster:

First of all they didn't send the watches inside of a (no mention of shipping methods) as they always did before. This is a problem because I could be charged by the customs if they had oppened the package.

Second problem was that one of the watches came with a broken (loose) button wich was noticed as soon as the package was openned. I contacted them to try to send it back and receive another new one and they said the only solution was to send me a paylink to buy a full case of this watch model for me or a technician to repair/exchange it. So, besides I had to pay for the new case I also have to pay for someone to repair it for me.

When I searched the website for information about Warranty I foud that they would exchange defective watches within 180 days. Well, I can assure you guys that this didn't happended to me. I was forced to buy a replacement case and find a way to repair it by myself or in a repair shop.

I also would like to mantion that I'm a collector but I don't know how to fix watches. Saddly this is my first broken watch and I guess it is time for me to learn it.

I hope this helps everyone to avoid buying from this website, because I sure will forget about them forever. I have found other dealers on this forum and now I will try to find an honest one.

Best regards.

D

d4m.test

I'm new here in the forum, so I don't know if this is the right section to register this complaint against this website.

I have made 3 orderes from Watcheden before, but my last order was a complete disaster:

First of all they didn't send the watches inside of a (no mention of shipping methods) as they always did before. This is a problem because I could be charged by the customs if they had oppened the package.

Second problem was that one of the watches came with a broken (loose) button wich was noticed as soon as the package was openned. I contacted them to try to send it back and receive another new one and they said the only solution was to send me a paylink to buy a full case of this watch model for me or a technician to repair/exchange it. So, besides I had to pay for the new case I also have to pay for someone to repair it for me.

When I searched the website for information about Warranty I foud that they would exchange defective watches within 180 days. Well, I can assure you guys that this didn't happended to me. I was forced to buy a replacement case and find a way to repair it by myself or in a repair shop.

I also would like to mantion that I'm a collector but I don't know how to fix watches. Saddly this is my first broken watch and I guess it is time for me to learn it.

I hope this helps everyone to avoid buying from this website, because I sure will forget about them forever. I have found other dealers on this forum and now I will try to find an honest one.

Best regards.

pm sent

newbie2replicas

20/12/09
Watcheden, it is good you followed up with this customer. Would be helpful if you posted a message about what went wrong, and how you resloved this for your customer. People need to be confident when making purchases from you.

HR911

Renowned Member
27/8/09
UK
I've just ordered a PAM 187 from them which is making it's way to the UK now...will let you know if the transaction goes ok.
I've used them before and it's been fine but I am worried now!

omenixon

Horology Curious
20/7/09
I've just ordered a PAM 187 from them which is making it's way to the UK now...will let you know if the transaction goes ok.
I've used them before and it's been fine but I am worried now!

Well, I have seen many costumers complaining about Watchede around this forum. This is the first time I have problems with them. But I'm the kind of costumer that if the seller does not try to solve the buyer problem I just find another seller, you know what I mean?

These are not cheap watches, they can't just be sending defective stuff aound the globe and expect buyers to afford paying resend shipping fees or replacement pieces if they are lucky to get one of the defective watches. It's their responsability, they must have quality control if they wanna sell worldwide.

This is my honest opinion. Anybody agrees with me?

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
I have only bought "budget" watches from idolreplicas and so far have not had any issues. Latest was a Coke GMT Master back middle of last October and all went like clockwork!

james

Horology Curious
6/4/10
Idolreplicas (watcheden) COMPLAINT

If I am to understand this....Watcheden owns Idolreplicas as well as several other sites..?

Well, I received a VC Overseas from Idolreplicas missing the #9 marker...when I tried to get ahold of someone in "customer service", I could get no response...Now I'm out $380 for a watch I can not wear.

WHY WOULD THE FORUM ALLOW A BANNED OR NON-TRUSTED SELLER TO SELL UNDER ANOTHER NAME? This does not make sense to me. I mean, he's either a good business man or not. Seems like common sense to me...or, am I somehow off base?

On a lighter side, does anyone have an Overseas dial to sell me?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Watcheden is neither banned or nontrusted.
Idolreplicas is not a trusted seller here and has no bearing on the matter.

Col.

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
WHY WOULD THE FORUM ALLOW A BANNED OR NON-TRUSTED SELLER TO SELL UNDER ANOTHER NAME? This does not make sense to me. I mean, he's either a good business man or not. Seems like common sense to me...or, am I somehow off base?

Without intending to come off as harsh, I'm of the opinion that your understanding of what the forum offers is a bit off target. As I see it, the forum doesn't regulate anyone. The admins, mods, and members are part of a resource that consists of information provided on a volunteer basis, and most of that by the admins/mods who organize this thing and keep it running smoothly (thanks gang). Noone here wishes for a bad experience for anyone else, but "caveat emptor" is mentioned in the noob posts through which I read. Also, it's a bit amusing to see people state their indignation when they're buying a product from anyone other than an AD.

onlytheone

8/4/10
James, I also dealt with another company owned by watcheden, (allofwatches) but what I did was PM Watcheden and I got it resolved. They are jumping through hoops to make me happy and I am sure they would do the same for you.