• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pics of my SOSF

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Many many thanks to madcatlancelot for supplying me with this beauty. I wish it were available in a larger size, but I'm going to hang onto it in the event 'traditional' sizes come back in style. It's so beautifully assembled I just can't sell it. :) Plus, everyone should have a SOSF!

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
hey ano thats one handsome looking watch you got there. nices pics too! thanks for sharing :)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Nice pics and I agree, that is a must have watch. I have it in black and white and will never sell one . If I remember right, it was the rep of the year 2006 or 2007

jerryss

10/9/08
I have white SOSF as well - - hmmm..is it the perfect watch? .maybe! :)

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
what movement is it? nice watch btw...

I was told it's a 21J, but it's different from my other 21Js. NONE of my watches (7750 included) wind as smoothly as this one. Winding it via the crown is just unbelievably smooth.
I know there are different quality 21Js out there. I must have gotten a really good one. :)

Thanks all, for the comments about the pics. I'm trying to learn how to do this.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Love the SOSF. It is truly one of the few must-have watches.
Enjoy yours, and thanks for sharing.

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
great pics mate ..........i have 3 different coloured versions of this ......your pics show it really well ...........................

watchman888

Known Member
29/7/09
My friend and fellow watch-hound Franco was recently in Europe, and commented that he thought the 'BIG watch' style was kind of over - over there. Anyone on the ground there agree/disagree? Maybe it'll be like men's ties, and next year fashion will dictate we all buy 38mm pieces. Aw, shoot, and I was just working my way up to a 47mm (X17mm!) Carlos Coste!!

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
I'm not exactly a "trendy" person, so even if this shift occurs I'll still roll with the 45mm-49mm watches. I just like how they look & feel on my wrist, and after all - that's why I buy them. :)

stcinc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/2/10
Can I ask where you got it...? I love it and would love to get one for myself!! THANKS!

Sean

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Can I ask where you got it...? I love it and would love to get one for myself!! THANKS!

Sean

Hmm, sorry, I bought it used here on RWI. All of our trusted dealers can get it for you though. Just check the dealer section of this site.

matsuki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/09
Is yours newest version? because this one is different with my SOSF....
See picture, the second hand print, DW font, DW window, bezel , the print on the rehaut... are different. I guess they are made by different factory.
SNC00560.jpg

How about the size? 44mm? and how is the AR tint?
I guess there are three versions of SOSF now.

Anopsis

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/09
Is yours newest version? because this one is different with my SOSF.... See picture, the second hand print, DW font, DW window, bezel , the print on the rehaut... are different. I guess they are made by different factory.

Wow, I wish I could get the lighting like you have it! Very nice pic. It's 44mm as well, and the AR is very heavy. In most of my pics the dial looks blue but it's black. It's the AR tint.

I see the differences, but I don't know the history of mine as I bought it here from madcatlancelot. Perhaps he could shed some light on this.

So, I was sitting here with nothing to do so I made this quick comparison:

LEGEND

• A - Bezel markings. On the Avenger Skyland the v2 has thicker numbers; v3 is thinner. No idea if this applies to SOSFs or not.
  • B - Date Window / Font. My window is completely chrome; yours appears to be white on the inset? Font is obviously different as well.
  • C - Pearl. Different size.
  • D - Print on second hand (dot size)
  • E - Font on rehaut
  • F - Lume dots. Mine are concave (or possibly flat); yours appear to be convex.
  • G - Rehaut markings are different
  • H - Size of printing on the dial is different. On mine the top print is larger; on yours the bottom print is larger.
  • I - Bezel screws are set deeper on yours. I don't know if mine will turn in; haven't checked them.

Definitely different in so many ways I would guess it's a different factory.

SOSFCOMPARO.png

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
Is yours newest version? because this one is different with my SOSF....
See picture, the second hand print, DW font, DW window, bezel , the print on the rehaut... are different. I guess they are made by different factory.

Hi matsuki,

I got the SOSF for timeshops, it's one of the Asian 21J versions that they have, very nice watch for the price ($128 incl standard shipping).

This version is probably closer to the newer version SOSF that has the arrow seconds hand, has a fatter hour/minute hands, flat hour marker that looks cream than green (surpringly has a nice lume, i like it), larger "Breitling" text, and deeper bezel number engraving, bright red box style seconds hand, and I agree with anopsis that the A21J movt that this have is very smooth to wind.

This version is definitely different from the asian ETA/"swiss" ETA version based on anopsis' very detailed comparison, but i have no idea whether this is made by a different factory or not. If i can find time to take some macro shots, I still have the white version of this watch that you can compare with yours. Here's an older pict taken 12/2009.
Breitlingside-by-side.jpg

BreitlingBlackSOSFinrubber01.jpg

Here's the url from timeshops, there's not much detail regarding this version.
http://www.timeshops.net/BR4200_-_Breitling_SuperOcean_Black_SS_-_Asia_21J_Automatic_1909-1885.htm

Check out the breiting website, this looks similar to the new version (arrow seconds hand), except that this has the box style seconds hand.

http://www.breitling.com/en/index.php#/models/aeromarine/superocean-steelfish/

Cheers,
madcatlancelot