• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RAIDS happening - message from reddit dealer

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I think we're way past that unfortunately. lol. I've just conceded the point no one knows what the hell is happening and patience is a virtue more now than ever. They'll be back. When, anyones guess. Even when back, no one knows what production rates will be and how long wait times will turn up.

+1. Andrew (Trusty) told me something similar. The "big" factories like Noob arestill are under water and not much communication is coming through

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Ok ladies and gentlemen,
I think it’s time to unveil the secret about what’s happening.

You are curious?

You wannna know the answer?

Ok, it’s exactly like this:

Noob realized, that there is no real competition in the Daytona anymore. They did also realize that Rolex is selling far less Daytonas than they are selling. So they had to change something to keep pricing stable and cut down production artificially. Otherwise, they were afraid to flood the market with too many of these beautiful and cheap stainless steel watches.

On the other hand, VSF realized that Rolex doesn’t give clear answers to their customers regarding specific dial colors, production etc. As their Datejust is quiet a demanded model, they had to switch their strategy as well and don’t give clear answers anymore, about what kind of parts, dials and watches will be available in the near future. Surely they will continue to operate, but in very uncertain ways as this seems to be a good marketing strategy.

And the TDs? Both manufacturers promised the TDs, the more confusion they will spread, the better they will be treated with upcoming deliveries. In addition to that, they will be renamed to TADs (Trusted Asian Dealers).

All of this is part of a migration strategy.
So noob and VSF become the next R Factory. And TADs will have a license only to sell their rare and beautiful products.

So I guess this is exactly what you were looking for.

You don’t trust me? Good so... :) have a nice week fellows.

Reactions: Mille M

Mr.pitt

Known Member
28/4/21
Could most buyers even tell the difference between a GMF and VSF datejust?? how do we know they are selling actual VSF>?

Reactions: John Abel

Alexkat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
Ι war taking with one watches today and they told me that noob will be back. Eventualy they will find a way they said

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 9 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Reactions: lytnin

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Could most buyers even tell the difference between a GMF and VSF datejust?? how do we know they are selling actual VSF>?

I have two VSF DJ41. Had some GMF in the past and also a gen one.

However, I’m not up to date regarding GMF:
Do they also offer a gen like 3235 movement?

GMF was quiet nice in terms of Rosegold two tone models and color, but apart from that, the DJ case, dial, hands, crown etc was horrible (honestly).

The VSF is a great OOB. But the white dial on VSF is horrible as well. The blue dial is great instead.
The VSF case shape is ok. None of the current makers rehauts is like gen. A gen rehaut is always visible on pictures etc. You can see the engraving from plenty of angles where it’s definitely hard to capture and see the VSF rehaut without inspection...

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
My concerns exactly.
I know it's kind of taboo to post all of your QC pictures asking for others to help you pick them apart, but I hope the next few people that order one of these pieces shares their QC so we can compare them to QC pics from before the raid.

By the time we get our beloved QC pics we'll be so old and blind that we can't even judge 'em properly :wow:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
The raids has helped the M2M sales so actively. Basically almost any Noobs, VSFs, ZZFs & ZFs(Daytonas, Subs, YMs, Hulks) will be sold straight away as soon as they are listed.
Are we skeptical about the qualities from these factories' new productions (Noob is not counted) would not match to that of the pre-raid period?

Last edited: