• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

dmncmichaels Issue AGAIN

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Gents I don't post here that often and spend most of my time on RG. I recently got a promotion to mod and I am dealing with ANOTHER issue with dmncmichaels. Several members here can vouch for me such as sconehead and watchbuff...

Right now I am looking to hear from anyone who might have bought/paid for AND RECEIVED watches listed for sale here:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=92206

PAM111 built by Vac / PAM112 with DSN dial / PAM212 / Panerai Box
dmncmichaels

------------------------------------------------------
Please write down any additional information.

I killed my car on my 800 mile journey home from christmas holidays so a few beloved watches have to go in order to fund the down payment on a new car. :(

All items shipped via USPS priority mail.

Payment accepted via pretty much any source other than pp. I've been screwed one to many times by them and will no longer accept pp as payment. I'm open to any suggestions.

I'm losing money on all three of these watches. I seriously need the cash!

IMG_0396.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0412.jpg

------------------------------------------------------

Here is the timeline from the buyer:

Hey guys - Wanted to chime in here. I'm the buyer who contacted SFA. At this point I'm not sure what to think; its my sincere hope that nothing has gone seriously wrong with his new baby or in his home life. Here is a quick timeline of the events thus far:

Timeline
1/9 - dmncmichaels lists 3watches for sale
1/11 - I contact him with some initial interest, but I'm a little hesitant based on the no pp payment method.
1/13 - After some research on his background, etc. I make him an offer for the 111h without the bracelet. He accepts. He also tells me the 212 he listed has sold.
1/14 - After an uphill battle (online didn't work & the first store had a broken terminal) I pay him via Western Union (have receipts)
1/15 - The money is picked up. All 3 sales listings are closed.
1/17 - After not hearing from him since I sent the money (3 days), I drop him a friendly PM asking if he got everything OK. He quickly responds and says he'll be shipping the watch soon.
1/19 - I reach out to him again via PM, he responds that he hasn't been able to ship yet based on the PO being closed and a busy work schedule.
1/21 - I send him another PM asking if he has shipped yet. Its now been 7 days since payment
1/22 - This thread shows up and he sends me a PM shortly thereafter stating that he just had the baby (previously unmentioned) and would ship the watch out 1/23 and provide me tracking the same day. These were his deadlines, not mine.
1/24 - I PM him with no response
1/25 - I PM him with no response
1/28 - I call him with no response

At some point towards the end there I reached out to SFA and QB to see if there was anything they could do to assist me.

There was an inconsistency with one of his PMs that I didn't mention above. He told me he picked up the funds from Western Union on Monday 1/18 when the MTCN shows they were actually received on Friday 1/15. I didn't think too much of this until the communication dropped off. It could be meaningless but that's starting to make me wonder.

Its now been 17 days since I paid and 9 days since my last communication with him. I'm concerned. Hoping I didn't get scammed and also equally hoping that everything is OK with the seller and his family. Sometimes personal things take time to work out, but I'd hope that even if I were in some sort of emergency situation I'd be able to send an email or make a quick phone call to whomever I'm transacting with. It really doesn't take that long or that much effort to put someone else at ease.

If any of you geeks have some advice or suggestions, my ears are open... and I'll also actually respond to your PMs. Thanks everyone for listening and helping. I must say that the staff here have gone out of their way to help me through this and they deserve more than just our thanks. Remember to pat the mods on the back when you can; they do all of this for free.

Both myself and the purchaser have attempted contact via PM, email and telephone with no result. If anyone here has bought any of the above watches from Dom between 08 JAN 2010 and 25 JAN 2010 please let me know.

Thanks gents.

P

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
is dmcmicheals a member here as well, thanks for the heads up sfa, we are looking at the issues... and will not allow bank transfer as a mode of paymet and as well as paypal gifts..

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
He is a member (just one post) but I am trying to figure out if perhaps a very active member here dropped in on RG and bought one of these.

I am very active on RG and 1.1 but not so much over here. Looking at it like I saw something over here when RG was down and purchased it then went inactive again. Best place to find me would be on RG.

As of right now the word scammer isn't being used- perhaps there is some major personal problem going on etc. but it is NOT looking good at all.

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
I'm sad to hear that and was seriously considering his 112, but was hesitant too because of no pp. I hope the RWG mods can help make this right.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I hold SFA in teh highest regard..almost as much as Mrs SFA for the Gaytona thread.
If there is anything I can do to help..let me know.

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
Good move sfa, the boards ALL actively supporting each other on these potential problems can only be a good thing imo.

Hopefully there is a simple explanation and I hope the seller hasn't suffered some personal misfortune.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
No matter what the issues between the different forums the bottom line is we try to look out for our members.

Being that this hasn't risen to the flat-out scam level yet it still bears letting everyone know what is going on, even though this dude has only one post over here and perhaps someone might be having the same issues with this guy from RG but spending all their time here.

Thanks again for the interest and support!

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Good lookin out Sfa. This is EXACTLY what our community needs. When someone tries to get over, we all need to help out in anyway we can.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Being that he's on a two week vacation from RG that looks likely to turn into a permanent one I figured

1- Be best to let you guys as well as the guys on 1.1 know what is going on in regards to his sales
2- Find out if anyone over here or on 1.1 bought one of these from him and the outcome of the transaction
3- Let you and the 1.1 crew know what he is up to in case he decides to become active over here since he's on vacation at RG

This one is pretty straightforward with no "he said - she said" going on. Bleuachdu has provided me with MTCN for the WU which shows it being picked up and no watch being shipped and comms ending on the 22nd (where he has time to post on RG but not to ship the watch).

Bleuachdu is out his money 19 days after the sale and still doesn't have a watch to show for it. I figured Dom burnt his bridges here and wouldn't be received kindly if he popped up again but you all needed a heads up and it'd be nice if someone here had bought and received a watch from him as I would be able to account for the watches listed in the RG thread.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Good luck sfa, please post back if anything turns up.
And my refards to Mrs sfa.
lol-029.png

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Gents-

This guy is a comfirmed scammer.

2 RG members bought the same watch, paid via WU and Moneygram- neither got the watch.

This is the same guy who gave CBR headaches and also stirred up the scatological products as ilovewatches9 on RG.

Admin here has got a PM with his real name, IP addy and street address.

Be VERY careful about sending Western Union, money orders or MoneyGram to Edmond OK.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Thanks for looking out for us. It's good to see the inter-board cooperation. This kind of comeraderie can only help improve the hobby.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Thank you sfa. A much apreciated heads up.
As soon as I get a break from answering emails I will take care of
the dear boy. I don't think we want him back somehow.

Col.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
This is the third scam originating from Edmond OK.

I would be VERY hesitant purchasing a watch using methods other than PP (non-gift) and sure as hell would not under ANY circumstances send Western Union, Moneygram or a Money Order to that city.

I'm sure that the mods and Admin here look after the members like we do over on RG but there needs to be a bit of caveat emptor and independant thought on the part of the membership.

Buy the seller first- then buy the watch!

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Gents-

This guy is a comfirmed scammer.

2 RG members bought the same watch, paid via WU and Moneygram- neither got the watch.

This is the same guy who gave CBR headaches and also stirred up the scatological products as ilovewatches9 on RG.

Admin here has got a PM with his real name, IP addy and street address.

Be VERY careful about sending Western Union, money orders or MoneyGram to Edmond OK.

Sadly none of this is a surprise. Thank God it happened there and not here.

sfa437

Medium Speed - Some Drag
Patron
Certified
29/7/08
Long Island NY
Sadly none of this is a surprise. Thank God it happened there and not here.

I'd rather it not have happened at all.

Being thankful that 5 members of any forum got shafted out of 400+ bucks each is a little effed up. I opened this thread here to make the RWI membership and Admins aware of a known scammer- not to get my forum shat on TYVM.

So much for inter-fora cooperation.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Were with you sfa. As you know with many members, you are going to have a few who have a chip. It runs ramped on most boards. Thank you for the heads up, and looking out for all of us.