• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling : FM SuperOcean SteelFish : Macro Pictorial

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
Pictorial of Fakemaster SuperOcean SteelFish

I'm just going to let the photos speak first.
img1055k.jpg

img1051t.jpg

img1058s.jpg

img1053lv.jpg

img1047yq.jpg

img1043f.jpg

img1045y.jpg

img1061tu.jpg

img1064l.jpg

img1050wk.jpg

img1057e.jpg

img1062b.jpg

img1044c.jpg

img1046c.jpg

Review :

I wasnt a big fans of Breitling, but one day during our conversation fm told me he just finished making an SO. noobie enough i asked him, what is an SO? - that's to show you how uninterested i am to the brand :p

After looking at the pics he send me, i said why not, my first sub is from FM, so why not make my first Breitling from him as well.

Because i live in Indonesia, where post / packages from overseas lost / "lost" most of the time, i asked him to send it to my cousin who live in the US. the downside, i have to wait weeks after weeks for him to come back home.

The watch finally arrive before Christmas, and since then, i cant stop wearing this watch.

The build quality is superb, it's heavy and thick. i must say it's a big chunk of metal. I think it wears smaller than panerai because of the bezel size.

I'm not sure of the Crystal, but i assume it's Saphire with bluish AR. The AR change the color of the dial into a deeper blue.

FM installed a new second hand with Arrow point, i actually prefer this compare to the Square end.

The dial is crisp, you can see the singular grooves very clearly.
There are a few points that i found, but i'm not complaining because i know this is a replica dial. The position of the flying B logo is a bit to the left and the lume is not centered on the hour indicator. - i guess this is very common on Breitling and Oris reps.

Pearl is standart rep, but the marking on the bezel are really good. The b etched on the logo is also there. Bezel click is firm and solid.

Crown is nice and big, it's so easy when you want to unscrew or screw the crown.

Overall, i'm HAPPY and SATISFIED with this watch, all the little things that i've said before cant be picked up easily when the watch is on your wrist, i doubt it 90% of the population can tell that i's a rep or gen. As far as i'm concern, i really enjoy wearing this watch.

If you are still on the edge to get this watch, you shouldn't. Contact your trusted dealer - or FM (in my case) and order one, and you'll be a happy camper like me :)

To check the action shot please go here :
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/lan61ts-eyecandy-47286

Disclaimer :
The review above is based on my little knowledge of Breitling in general and SuperOcean in particular. These review is solely based on my observation of the watch without comparing with the gen article.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Wow, I am very impressed. With this post and Fakemaster. FM, if you make these in high beat.... :)

tflgee

1/9/09
I have the same watch from Fakey. I got mine just after Xmas and I've been wearing it ever since. It really is a nice piece. Like you say though it is a chunk of metal. It has some weight to it. I'm not sure these have any AR though. Mine sure doesn't look like it has any. It's my only gripe with the watch. Having a black dial and "I think" no AR, there is a good deal of reflection off the crystal. But for the cost this is a fabulous watch. It really makes me want to drop the cash on a high end one. It's my third FM and certainly not my last!

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
excellent review! and even better photos! sorry to go off topic but can i ask what camera/lens you used to take these?

bukanbeneran

Horology Curious
19/10/09
really..really.. nice catch bro..
i live in indonesia as well, jakarta to be exact..

we should meet sometime to see your collections..

CP2K

12/10/09
Nice watch :)
Please pardon my question, it could just be the angle of the pictures.
But: It seems like the Breitling logo looks a little bit "weird".

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
@R2 : i think they all come standart with 21J - fakey fav movement, hehehe

@tflgee : i have the same tought of buying the gen, 2nd hand value is very good, around 1200-1500usd.
mine got ar for sure, the ar is a bit bluish, that's why most of the time the dial looks like a dark blue. not sure compare to gen.

@mw : i use Canon 500D + 100mm f.28 macro lens (this lens is very good to take macro shot, now they have a newer version with IS, dont know which one better)

@not real : anytime bro, i live in jakarta as well, check your PM

@cp2k : not sure about the logo, breitling resident expert could probably chime in :D

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I wasn't aware Fakey was doing other things than Rolex (and Tag from time to time). That's excellent !

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
As I said in the other post: Very nice pictures and congrats to your owning such a fine watch!

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
nice lens ................................... actually a very nice lens ........................
fakey puts a lot of love into his watches .........................
ill never sell any of his i have in my collection ..............

thober

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/11/09
I orderd the white SOSF from Joshua. Cant wait to i get it! It is my first rep. :D Nice pics.!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
BTW how's the He valve on this one ?

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I mean, is it recessed ? There are two variations on the SFSO.

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
fakey puts a lot of love into his watches .........................
ill never sell any of his i have in my collection ..............

+1. The FOSF (black dial in my case) has been on my wrist for three days straight. A new record. I am amazed. :notworthy:

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
A friend of mine got one of Fakey's 'Fish in white. It looks great. FM does some sweet work. If I get a SOSF from him, I think I'll have one of everything he does. :)

nbarker

Known Member
25/4/09
wow that thing is stunning and the picture quality is really nice...not surprised it comes from FM...congrats and thx for sharing :)

donaldejose

I'm Pretty Popular
20/12/08
Faketastic!

I have two of these built by Fakemaster and they are "faketastic."