• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BR 03-92 Diver bronze?

Thewatchwolf

Renowned Member
1/3/15
CONUS
8f59f1f4449155a186c5b29ca62b530f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice smoke! Greetings from a fellow cigar aficionado.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Very cool strap design! Suits the watch well.
I wonder how the patina on the leather will evolve. It will darken a lot. Please keep us (me) updated.

I was actually going for something completely different, and I switched my mind at last minute but I was not sure. Honestly the more I see the strap, the more I like it and think it make a nice combo....let's see how it evolves with time. I will keep you updated for sure my friend :thumbsup: !!

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Where is best version? I found in Puretime but i think bezel is different. I need place, where i can order safe, without customs. Chazingtime has a good version?

Mine is from Trustytime, whatever TD you will choose, it will be ok. At least I know that with my version, originals parts ( as the lug tubes ) fit perfectly.

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Gorgeous watch and strap. Have one on order after seeing these shots.

Has anyone seen this watch with the blue dial? Seems they don’t make the gen bronze with black dial anymore. I’d love to pick up a blue version as well!

Here’s a photo of the gen in blue with bronze bezel. There’s also a blue ceramic version.
9530b2906010ae23a7e8670468ba804d.jpg

Reactions: SSW09

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Yes I've seen it. (Gen one that is)
First thought was that I like it. But when looking longer you really miss that the markings on the dial are not filled in.

Reactions: BlakeMcJake

BlakeMcJake

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/20
Yes I've seen it. (Gen one that is)
First thought was that I like it. But when looking longer you really miss that the markings on the dial are not filled in.

Oh weird, good catch. Might be why the ceramic bezel is an option. Actually, I wonder if the markings color differently due to the patina of the bronze? Could be a neat look over time!

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Oh weird, good catch. Might be why the ceramic bezel is an option. Actually, I wonder if the markings color differently due to the patina of the bronze? Could be a neat look over time!

Not if you let the patina form naturally. It will darken quite evenly. However if you force patina with salt in the markers, they will form more green. But that will be a process of trial and error.

Last edited:

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Well, I have asked both Andrew and Angus, both told me that the watch was never produced with bronze screws but that the patina does spread with time over the coat of the screws...I don’t know, it seems possible but I still have doubts on this particular point. We will see...

Thought I would share my experience with you guys.
SSW09 bought gen screws and replaced his 'plated' ones.
I did a test with his 'plated' screw and tried to force patina on it. (Thanks again mate)

This is how the plated screw looks after an hour suspending above vinegar fumes. Next to it is my bronze screw (non forced patina). As you can see, the plated screw barley got darker. So it's definitely different and the little dark discoloration can be just whiped of.

Good news is that I was able to force the green patina with salt. Now it can match the case without being obviously different. ( You have to be careful though, as the green oxidation doesn't really stick to the screw. It's pure cosmetical)

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Now I'm curious how the case screws look like after some patina. Do they darken or are they plated as well?

SSW09 have you already got experience with this?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
After looking everywhere for a set of tools to change straps on this watch and not willing to pay premium money for a rubbish dedicated kit, I decided to buy proper screwdrivers as all you need is 2 x 1.3mm hex

19c135f8f11ee441e28fdb5982cdddab.jpg

Bought those two Wera and I am delighted with the quality for very few pounds (found on Amazon - I am not affiliated with Amazon or Wera)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
After looking everywhere for a set of tools to change straps on this watch and not willing to pay premium money for a rubbish dedicated kit, I decided to buy proper screwdrivers as all you need is 2 x 1.3mm hex

Glad that it works for you. But didn't you receive the tools when ordering the watch?

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Thought I would share my experience with you guys.
SSW09 bought gen screws and replaced his 'plated' ones.
I did a test with his 'plated' screw and tried to force patina on it. (Thanks again mate)

This is how the plated screw looks after an hour suspending above vinegar fumes. Next to it is my bronze screw (non forced patina). As you can see, the plated screw barley got darker. So it's definitely different and the little dark discoloration can be just whiped of.

Good news is that I was able to force the green patina with salt. Now it can match the case without being obviously different. ( You have to be careful though, as the green oxidation doesn't really stick to the screw. It's pure cosmetical)

Hi Mate ! very interesting indeed ! especially the one with salt, I will certainly experiment myself very soon, and no, I do not have any feedback on the case screws but I will also investigate.
Will send you a PM to further exchange ideas on the patina. cheers

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Good morning I just read 15 page and dont find mi answer, Could you tell me a thrust selle to buy my bronze bell and ross please

it was already answered : go the TD ( trusted dealer ) section, and choose one from there : mine was bought to Trustytime but they are all selling the same watches ( jtime, puretime, supermirrors, intime etc...)