• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Submariner 116610LN Review & Macros

apeta

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
EU
Macro pictures usually don't go well with REPs, however this one is a very good one! The watch looks great! Thanks for sharing!

DENTIST

Franken Nerd 🤓
Patron
Certified
20/1/19
EU
Wow, what great Pictures...very well made, Bro:xj4:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Excellent pics bro, thanks for sharing. I read that the VSF 126610s are not using a gen-spec dial (the kind with the rim underneath like the DJ41 we saw), and if the insert is a CF, both those parts would likely be the same size as the 116610. This would have been the easiest way to get these reps to market so quickly.

They look awesome though, NWBIG for sure.

Gen 3235 dial, pic credit Logixa

​​​​​​​
Z8FmOS.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Excellent pics bro, thanks for sharing. I read that the VSF 126610s are not using a gen-spec dial (the kind with the rim underneath like the DJ41 we saw), and if the insert is a CF, both those parts would likely be the same size as the 116610. This would have been the easiest way to get these reps to market so quickly.

Great pic!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

Not sure if I'm mixing something up, but he's showing the rep movement in his teardown and they actually built it so the outer shape matches that exact rim on the bottom side of the dial. I believe the way VSF was so fast is that they pimped a 3135 movement with a bigger power reserve and a changed (+slightly enlarged) upper movement plate with this shape. In consequence, that means they take the original dials and have the correct size.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ement-teardown

Last edited:
Reactions: museguy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not sure if I'm mixing something up, but he's showing the rep movement in his teardown and they actually built it so the outer shape matches that exact rim on the bottom side of the dial. I believe the way VSF was so fast is that they pimped a 3135 movement with a bigger power reserve and a changed (+slightly enlarged) upper movement plate with this shape. In consequence, that means they take the original dials and have the correct size.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ement-teardown

Right the DJ41 rep dial is gen-spec and looks just like that gen dial, if I read that thread correctly - the original rep dial owner said it was gen-spec. So the DJ41 VS3235 movement would be shaped just like the gen.

Post #20
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...96#post9603896

Separately, I read that the VSF 126610 does not use a gen-spec dial so that rep VS3235 movement would not need to be shaped that way with the dial stubs sticking out laterally. Unless the stubs are just used in lieu of a movement holder and there are dial foot holes drilled in the movement. I'll have one soon and will take it apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: sukwonee

Esaelias

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/12/18
Good question, I'd say the 126610. It's a little more comfortable on the wrist in my opinion. I'll still keep and wear the 116610, I'll get it modded with gen hands and crystal.

whats heavier

Markaplan

Gold Patron
Certified
9/10/20
[mention]YellowFin [/mention]

Great review! Thank you!

For me personally all these flaws are very minor and cannot be quickly caught with a naked eye even with a side to side comparison with a GEN. Except for the date wheel and cyclops magnification, it is usually a quick tell in REP watches.
For example I had a noob v4 hulk and when I compared it with my brothers GEN, I couldn’t quickly spot any differences except for the DW and cyclops magnification there is a big difference.

Is this also the case for this VSF?

I am really thinking of buying one but cannot mode the watch and put GEN DW and crystal on it because i don’t have a professional watchmaker in my city who can do the job.

Please advise on the DW and cyclops magnification. Is it GEN Like?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Is the angled rehaut easy to notice? it should be straighter in the genuine, but in the vsf is more pan-like.

Can someone confirm if this makes it look wonky or not?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Here is VSF and genuine 116610. The wall of the genuine rehaut is more vertical, the wall of the rep ever so slightly angled, it is there but there is nothing in it, it is almost imperceptible unless you have both side by side.. and if you have both side by side the game is already up!

ZQJUYb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: LaraA and Grfranco

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Markaplan DW is OK, but I sent it to a modder for a gen crystal.

mari115 Where does that rehaut rumour come from? There's nothing "pan-like" about it.

you can see it when looking from the front, it's as if the rehaut is more angled than the genuine one, someone posted some comparison pics and it was there. I wonder if that changes the overall look and proportions of the watch.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
No guys, look at this side by side picture. It's just an optical illusion due to slight variation in the angle the pictures are taken. The rehauts are identical.

ZQJqS2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: leo6929

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
No guys, look at this side by side picture. It's just an optical illusion due to slight variation in the angle the pictures are taken. The rehauts are identical.

Idk man slight angulation when taking the pic could ruin the whole perspective, i saw some pics and it was very clear, i just can't find them anymore lmao

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Idk man slight angulation when taking the pic could ruin the whole perspective, i saw some pics and it was very clear, i just can't find them anymore lmao

If you take a picture from a slightly different angle or distance, the perspective screws up angles and proportions.

WiseTruth

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/2/21
Is it possible to buy this watch from a TD atm?