• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Panerai 201a finally off to Ziggy....

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I've finally sent my 201a project to Ziggy. It is going to be a sweeeeeet watch when it's done.

I've got a fantastic old school swiss 6497-1 with beautifully engraved bridges,
FGD 201a Dial
DSN 201a Case Set
old school 201a caseback, by far, the nicest caseback I have ever seen. Big Difference between the DSN caseback and mine, I'll take a comparison shot when I get it back.

So now, I need to finish this thing off,, anyone know how DSN's crown guard compares? Do I need a better one? how about the crown,, did not look great to me?

Any suggestions?

I've had these parts laying around for 1 year now and finally sent it off,, I'm all giddy with excitement! :cute:

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
is the 201a with a thick crown guard? If yes you can pm sead and ask for it , I think he sells it for 65dollars..

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I think it will just look great, how long will it take?

Im going to send my HBB to Domenico for a movement swap with gen 7750

bwhitesox

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/4/06
D4Me why don't you grab one of the crownguards that Nembo is doing over at Repgeek.?
These are a copy of V's original PReV models for about $60-$70 dollars.

Fits perfectly with a T48 Crown.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
D4Me why don't you grab one of the crownguards that Nembo is doing over at Repgeek.?
These are a copy of V's original PReV models for about $60-$70 dollars.

Fits perfectly with a T48 Crown.

Because I am banned from repgeeks.. banned before I could even sign up.

So these are replicas of replicas made from originals.. lol.. that's even better! :)

yeah,, maybe I'll have to do this, I've got Sead's email somewhere..

I feel like a noob again,, waiting for my watch to come from china,, except this time, it's coming from Ziggy and it will be far better than anything coming from China.
I have not had this much anxiety since having to watch Legendofspeed get a tattoo of a My Little Pony tramp stamp that said "your welcome" under it..

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
greg... i will highly recommend the snembo CG... very nice and thick:)

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
How did you get Ziggy to do it? I thought he had shut down everything and wasn't accepting any new work anymore.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
uhh, I didnt know that? well, he got me in.. I'm happy bout that

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I have not had this much anxiety since having to watch Legendofspeed get a tattoo of a My Little Pony tramp stamp that said "your welcome" under it..

I don't know which to laugh at more? The obvious MLPTS or the fact that you watched him get it in the first place. LOL Do you know, how I know, your gay?

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
serious note...hands on a 201a...shinny or matte?

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Shiny? Should be matte black like "normal" Historics, AFAIK.

D4M, careful with the Nembo CG, according to Rolli and MickeyPadge over at RWGjr, they don't fit DSN watches without modification to the hole position of the CG and maybe grinding down the diameter of the screw heads (due to the new position of holes, relative to the walls of the screw-hole wells).

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
@hooligan,
insane that you post this, I went to bed thinking about this, wondering of a CG would fit a DSN case as most of these parts are made to fit GZ cases and DSN is always a little different.

Thanks for clarifying this :)

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
NP. If you have questions, PM Rolli over there. I know his watchmaker modded his Nembo CG to fit, so he can tell you exactly what was involved.