• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should This New Sub Be Returned? See Pic.

vanatic99

Known Member
16/9/09
I love this brand new TT Blue Face Sub (old version), but the dial is slightly off center. It's about 0.5 secs. to the left, but I noticed it right away.
Is this something that a rep buyer just needs to accept as part of the rep hobby or is this something that warrants returning the watch to the seller for repair or replacement?

001wit.jpg

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Have you contacted the dealer about this as I suggested you do? If not then why are you already starting multiple threads about it?

vanatic99

Known Member
16/9/09
I posted this before I saw your response to the other thread. I asked the question in my other post, but you didn't answer it when you replied, so I thought maybe you didn't want to be put on the spot and I said I would start another thread. I'm also interested in what other members think about this.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
To be completely honest, it's a quick fix to rotate the dial, if you don't feel comfortable doing it, then take it to your local watch-smith, it won't cost you more than the shipping cost to send it back to China.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
This is an very easy fix for a watchsmith.

Easier than sending it all the way back to CN.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Easy fix for a watch smith. It will cost you a bit more than the shipping, but no wait and no Customs worries.
HOWEVER... take your time and use a ruler, and make sure the dial is off and not the bezel. Try to line things up with the center of the lugs and see what aligns and what does not. I had a DSSD that looked off on the dial, but upon closer inspection it was actually the bezel.

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
either you or a watchsmith, 2 minutes so honestly I wouldnt send it back because of that.

vanatic99

Known Member
16/9/09
Trust me, it's not the bezel. Look at the 5 and the 55 marker in relationship to the case. Then look at the 12, 6 and 9 markers and you can see they are all rotated slightly counterclockwise. Then look at the amount of space above the date and below the date in the date window.
Fortunately, a very generous offer was made by an RWI member to realign the dial for free and to also seal it up for me while he is at it. It's on it's way to him right now and I will post some new pictures when it returns in a few days.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Definitely something to have the watchsmith take care of, easy enough to do.
Sending it away will result in 4 more threads:
-Did I do the right thing?
-This is taking forever!
-I want my money back!
-Got my watch today, but now there's a finger print on the inside of the crystal!

:p