• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Ceramic RM055 Sample Wristie

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Still waiting for the day when they release a model with the balance wheel on the outside, basically a 1:1 with the original. Only then I’ll pull the trigger. Can’t be that hard right? They managed to replicate the rm56 tourbillon atleast movement wise, I think they should be able to replica the rm55 movement which from the looks of it is quite primitive compared to other models.

You still have to learn a lot.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Still waiting for the day when they release a model with the balance wheel on the outside, basically a 1:1 with the original. Only then I’ll pull the trigger. Can’t be that hard right? They managed to replicate the rm56 tourbillon atleast movement wise, I think they should be able to replica the rm55 movement which from the looks of it is quite primitive compared to other models.

The people that have this in gen wouldn't question the authenticity of yours if you hang around in those circles. The other 98% will don't care about the watch you're wearing, let alone know what a Richard Mille is. The last 1% think it's fake anyways, even if you wore a gen.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Iluvpuncak3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/20
The people that have this in gen wouldn't question the authenticity of yours if you hang around in those circles. The other 98% will don't care about the watch you're wearing, let alone know what a Richard Mille is. The last 1% think it's fake anyways, even if you wore a gen.

This isn’t about trying to pull it off as gen.im coming Purely from owning a beautiful timepiece in its own right perspective. Something just doesn’t feel right about a watch with a fake balance wheel haha. If they make one with the same movement that would be amazing and Ide buy it in a heartbeat.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Yup :), if only I knew everything there is to know about everything just like you.

Just read your post again and get a grip.

You want something and just because you cant wrap your mind around how complex it is there has to be a simple way to do it... This has nothing to do with unlimited knowledge or experience - just with a lack of awareness of how this industry works and what is possible for the money that the majority is willing to pay.

If it is easy - go ahead make a fully functional CAD drawing of all parts needed and show them the results of a material simulation with the behavior of every moving part involved. If the energy transition works good luck producing some prototypes and maybe you‘ll get a supplier contract for the next 500-1000 mass produced clone movements.

I would really like a clone as much as you do - but it is anything but easy, mate.

BIONONE

28/4/17
puretime Thank you for sharing some new insights again!

What i‘ve noticed is the bevel of the bezel is a bit too much pronounced. The gen got a slightly more subtle angle.

Otherwise the proportions look good if they remove the rotor and make it slimmer than the automatic 35-02.

blackening of the base movement plate would give the movement more depth - maybe that is something to consider.

looking forward to it.

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
The white looks off, with the gen its all same white this one has different shades smh

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Looks awesome, but again an almost perfect rep with no spinning balance wheel. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iluvpuncak3

16/7/20
Agreed. The moment they make one with a balance wheel at the front, I’m buying it immediately.

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Oh well, looks like. Huge collection of ZF RMs I will have w no moving balance wheels lol still amazing watches and work by Z! I get the limitations, but still get to be disappointed hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Lol

Reactions: TheDonSL

Corvax

16/11/18
GEN:

“The caseband and back bezel are made of grade 5 titanium with a protective white rubber casing. This rubber is injected at high pressure around the titanium components, insulating the movement from all vibrations. This special surface treatment also makes the watch very comfortable to wear.”

On puretime:

Solid titanium case, white ceramic bezel and caseback,

but from the photo you can see that the back case has a rubber coating.

good job zf

Last edited:

asuwere

2/6/19
I don't see any Chinese, Japanese, or Swiss movements that would work. If they're going to put a functional balance wheel there they'll need to make their own movement. Don't see that happening any time soon.

Reactions: krkqm2008