• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1st Rep: Omega Speedmaster Professional

HeadToucha

23/9/09
Hi everyone

Few years ago i've seen a lot of replica's sites but i always doubt about it, is it really "what you see is what you get", do the sites put the original pictures and when you get it it looks like a toy ?, etc ...

Then i search a little more a few weeks ago and of course i discover RWI Forum... Waouh so this coulb be real with some dealers ^^

I search informations for one and only watch, the Omega Speedmaster Professional, my "dream watch" :) So thank you for the posts i read like:

:http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/review-omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-37310

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/index.php?showtopic=33199

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...61?t=38861&highlight=speedmaster+professional

And of course i've decided to make an order, with Ruby who, btw
was perfect, nice communication, information about watch, shipping etc... i order the 2009-09-30 and Ruby shipped it the 2009-10-18 ( china hollyday, few days for the factory to get the movment) and i received it the 2009-10-30 after some stress checking the status on EMS day by day, the customs... i know...first order, it has to be this way ^^

So let me tell you guys i'm a happy men, the watch is perfect to me.One hour after i get it i was at my watch seller to adjust the bracelet, only his wife was there, she told me: oh no it's an Omega i prefer not make it on my own etc... but i still buy a leather one that you can see on the picture below.I hesitate withe a black one i think i will buy it anyway soon and switch with the brown and the metal one when i will get the tool to do it properly.

And i have one or two questions for you guys: i read here that the ST-Gull in this Omega is "serviced and oiled" when you receive it, is it always like this because of this movement or it's a conclusion of the owners ?

And i noticed that the big sweep second hand and the minute hand is a bit curved at the end...don't want to send it to china coz of this, so here is my question:is it possible to put genuine Omega minute, hour and second hand in this rep? the mesure looks the same but if someone knows it (found this: http://www.ofrei.com/omega-watch-hands-caliber-321-861.html )

And the action to wind it, how do you know you wind it full ? is this has a "stop" ?

Thank you for read it all ^^

photo026w.jpg

photo084x.jpg

photo10tn.jpg

photo026z.jpg

Edit: pics made with my cell phone, so be indulgent

z9opw3zj

9/10/09
Your wait is finally over!

Congratulations my friend with your dream watch! (Well, almost ;))

Wear it in good health!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Not sure on the hands but yes, the MVT is one of the best China made MVTs and comes oiled so it won't need to be touched for some time, 5 years or so.

Col.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
I'm a bit jealous! Beautiful piece. I could stare at that movement all day. Congrats!

HeadToucha

23/9/09
Thank you all, i'm really sastisfied with it, and maybe in few years or after a big winning pot at poker i could have the real one, who knows ? ^^

And thank you trailboss for the info, about the hands, you only can see the curved hands by watching the rep "on the side" like in the picture:

http://img101.imageshack.us/i/photo066n.jpg/
photo066n.jpg

Considerating the affordable price of the genuine hands and the fact that it will also make the lume perfect, i think i'm gonna try it (well my watchmaker is gonna in fact :) )

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
The problem is that if you change the hands the lume won't match the dial... I wouldn't bother. Keep it as it is.

HeadToucha

23/9/09
Humm you made a point rooster133, although the "dial lume" is not as brillant as the hands, even right now. Well before i'm gonna ask my watchmaker if he can make the hands "straight" again.

I know it's not a big point, lot of friends examine my rep since i got it and no one notice it.. but since i notice it... well i see it !! :) we'll see.

avenger007

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
21/2/09
Thank you all, i'm really sastisfied with it, and maybe in few years or after a big winning pot at poker i could have the real one, who knows ? ^^

And thank you trailboss for the info, about the hands, you only can see the curved hands by watching the rep "on the side" like in the picture:

photo066k.jpg

Considerating the affordable price of the genuine hands and the fact that it will also make the lume perfect, i think i'm gonna try it (well my watchmaker is gonna in fact :) )

Just curious, could the curved hands be because the crystal is curved and is distorting them? I have an old Bulova that looks similar from certain angles.

HeadToucha

23/9/09
Honestly, for my watch i don't think so, or getting distorted in only 1 week would be outstanding ^^

And when i look at it, the curve of the crystal is not so important.

Btw i put a pic of the curved hands in page 1

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm with avenger in wondering if it's paralax error from the crystal doing that. Could very well be IMO.

Col.

HeadToucha

23/9/09
I'm not sure i understand you trailboss, by "parallax error" you mean like "optical illusion" ?

Fizbin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/09
Never been a fan of this watch (ok shoot me) but after seeing it here, I'm now on the fence.