• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Asian Truth about Replicas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
ahw676 said:
Sigh. Okay, this is now moved to Flame-free. You know, when I said to make the new member feel welcome, I had something a little less scathing in mind. Ironically, he was better off when we thought he was a scammer and backdoor dealer.

Look, I understand that no one likes to feel talked down to, and that most of the information he posted is nothing new to us. BUT please bear in mind that he THOUGHT that he was giving us something useful that we did not know, and that his intentions were to try to help out the membership.

So I am not locking this thread, just in case the OP would like to respond (and if he does, I applaud his courage), or in case someone would like to post something appropriate to a new member.

If you only want to tell him how arrogant and pompous he is, I think that he's probably got the message. So no more insults and no more a**hat pictures. You guys are posting the equivalent of a bunch of second graders ganging up on the new kid with glasses who doesn't know how the rules work.

At this point, I'd take pompous a**hat over classless bullies. So play nice, please. This is a community and I would like it to be one that we can be proud of.

Thanks.
Well, it seems like I completely misunderstood the intent of UKASIA's post. It has never been nor will it ever be my intention to make a new member or any member feel unwelcome. After all, I still conssider myself new here. UKASIA, you are most welcome here. I apologize for the sarcastic content of my previous posts. Hopefully, you will post again.
Let's start over- Hello and Welcome! [smilie=wave.gif]

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Fiddo said:
Well, it seems like I completely misunderstood the intent of UKASIA's post. It has never been nor will it ever be my intention to make a new member or any member feel unwelcome. After all, I still conssider myself new here. UKASIA, you are most welcome here. I apologize for the sarcastic content of my previous posts. Hopefully, you will post again.
Let's start over- Hello and Welcome! [smilie=wave.gif]

I'm proud of you, Fiddo. :)

It hadn't occurred to me that people might be misunderstanding the intent of his post. In case this has been the case with anyone else, I'd been in contact with UKASIA twice prior to replacing his post in the forum and I am of the opinion that he has sincere wishes to contribute something useful to our membership.

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
Point taken. But just to clarify, I did not call him an azzhat, I was merely inquiring where one may purchase a highest quality example.

If he really wants to contribute to the board, then welcome to RWI, UKASIA.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Understood. But you can see how someone could misinterpret it that way. So thanks for clearing that up.

I'm proud of you too, gazumi. :)

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Very fortunately no one has brought up the "I know jujitsu" thread.

Welcome to RWI, UKASIA.

Whichwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/09
Fiddo said:
After I posted last night, I have been thinking-

UKASIA=Troll I doubt we will ever see him again, under that user name.

If I am incorrect, UKASIA can correct me when he comes back.

What or who is Troll ? LOL. I love some of the random comments on this site.

FIDDO is right though - under this username I doubt we will see him again either. If under ANY username.

Whichwatch

13/9/09
brtelec said:
I think the most surprising thing about this thread is how offended most of the members were. When I read it a few days ago I thought, not totally accurate but certainly harmless. I still find this to be my reaction to it, but some of you seem downright incensed by the post. I do not disagree with your reaction to it, I am just a little surprised. This forum has a very low tolerance for poorly thought out posts.

Well as a moderatir brtelec, why don't you put a stop to it ? Frankly i hope every new potential contributor to this site sees what has been posted and steers well clear if this is the kind of treatment people get just for not thinking !

edit: I see finally this has been re-classed as flame-free though its probably way too late.

Whichwatch

13/9/09
cybee said:
Oh well, UK the welcome mat is still out for ya. :D

Do you actually think he believes that ? I'd imagine he is long gone. If he was genuine and just wanted to try fit in thats a huge shame and a massive condemnation of his treatment. If he was indeed "here with an agenda" then he was nuts and good riddance. My concern, however, is that other newbies will see how people get treated on here for seemingly just making a mistake and that will have a detrimental affect to future membership on here. Im new too but I have thicker skin than most.

Perhaps the most shocking issue is that people in sufficient "power" on the site have allowed this kind of witch-hunt to continue without actually seeing all it does is denegrate the reputation of the site they represent.

Oh well...

Whichwatch

13/9/09
ahw676 said:
Sigh. Okay, this is now moved to Flame-free. You know, when I said to make the new member feel welcome, I had something a little less scathing in mind. Ironically, he was better off when we thought he was a scammer and backdoor dealer.

Look, I understand that no one likes to feel talked down to, and that most of the information he posted is nothing new to us. BUT please bear in mind that he THOUGHT that he was giving us something useful that we did not know, and that his intentions were to try to help out the membership.

So I am not locking this thread, just in case the OP would like to respond (and if he does, I applaud his courage), or in case someone would like to post something appropriate to a new member.

If you only want to tell him how arrogant and pompous he is, I think that he's probably got the message. So no more insults and no more a**hat pictures. You guys are posting the equivalent of a bunch of second graders ganging up on the new kid with glasses who doesn't know how the rules work.

At this point, I'd take pompous a**hat over classless bullies. So play nice, please. This is a community and I would like it to be one that we can be proud of.

Thanks.

HALLELUJAH - a moderator with a conscience and brain at last. Well said ahw676.

edit: and on that note, since the crucifixion seems to have ended I will shut up too :)

Sidda

Horology Curious
4/9/09
Welcome to RWI (if your still around)

Glad to see we are not to 'big' to be able to say we could be wrong.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
OK.
Here goes....

Something still doesn't ring true here.

ahw...right at 50/50 you've been conned.
No harm if you have. Don't freak either way.

Where are you UKAsia? No replies? None?

Cheers all...

bblake

22/8/09
Sidda said:
Welcome to RWI (if your still around)

Glad to see we are not to 'big' to be able to say we could be wrong.

I am not too big to apologize and have already had to, to one member here.
I do not see the rush to apologize here at all. The new member was mildly dealt with for the most part. Especially in light of his post.
Imagine joining a car, motorbike, whatever forum and for a first post, claiming a collection almost certainly better than anyones. (100 unnamed gens with reps to match.) Pontificating about the usual mistakes people make and putting them right with incorrect information. And then saying that I'm now ready to take questions.

I think the reaction was admirably mild. I also think it's pompous to call me pompous for calling him pompous.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
bblake said:
I do not see the rush to apologize here at all. The new member was mildly dealt with for the most part. Especially in light of his post.
Imagine joining a car, motorbike, whatever forum and for a first post, claiming a collection almost certainly better than anyones. (100 unnamed gens with reps to match.) Pontificating about the usual mistakes people make and putting them right with incorrect information. And then saying that I'm now ready to take questions.

I think the reaction was admirably mild.
+1

bblake said:
I also think it's pompous to call me pompous for calling him pompous.
:D

Xplodr

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Maybe the master graces us with His presence only on full moon nights?

SCNR
Dr.verylong

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
We should all be modest here.

For my part, I think that modesty is my best quality, don't you think? In fact, I'd say that I am the most modest person posting on this forum.

:p

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Alright.

While there may not be much in UKASIA's post that is revelatory to most of the membership, I don't see any harm in someone taking the time to compile all the points in a single post. Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised by some of the hostility shown in this thread.

Not too long ago were the days where we would have politely thanked someone for the effort, but stated that most of the established members already knew this information.

Remember new people without all the "historical knowledge" that many of us have join this forum everyday. I don't see where this post is a bad thing.

Also, to say that all A7750s are the same quality just is not true.

That's my $.02

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
hooligan said:
Quite frankly, I'm a bit surprised by some of the hostility shown in this thread.

I agree. I believe the guy's intentions (despite the somewhat clumsy delivery) were actually good.

Status
Not open for further replies.