• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Beginning to hate this board...

DonBrizzel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/8/09
I became a member of this board because I was somewhat interested in buying a replica Rolex Cellinium. All I wanted was a few answers to some questions I had, and that was it.

Now, I can't pry my eyes away from this board. I find myself on here every 10 miutes of my life looking up everything I can. In the process, I have fallen in love with about 10 different watches. My first replica was purchased today, the Breitling Superocean Heritage 46 from Mark at Timeshop http://timeshops.net/Breitling_SuperOcean_Swiss_ETA_2824_Black_1721-5339.htm(pics will come when the watch arrives).

I am starting to hate this board now because I am constantly wanting! I saved for over 6 months (I make little money and take care of a family on my small salary) to buy a watch, and now I find myself trying to figure out what in my house I can sell to buy another replica (PAM111 :D )

Anyways, my hats off to everyone here for providing a safe zone for replica buyers world wide.

-DJ

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
I find myself trying to figure out what in my house I can sell to buy another replica (PAM111 :D )

how much for ur kids??

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
I was told when I joined to hide the CC and that it was more addicting than crack.

Well after a year and a half I havent busted the CC out yet...but I feel that crack would be cheaper than this hobby.

PS it only gets worse... :)

One good thing is you do learn what patience is...

stolikat

Known Member
4/12/07
Its all about the discipline the discipline. Ya right haha! Good luck.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
sorry to be blunt and to put a bit of reality check into your rep. purchasing, but if it takes 6 months to save for a replica watch, don't you thing you should align your priorities to more basic staples for your family?

I mean a replica is but only $$200 - 300, and to save 6 months for that little tells me that you don't have much discretionary income. Perhaps you should limit your purchases to just one, or maybe two. Rep. collecting can be a bad habit like gambling if you are not careful.

What I am saying, is just don't blow all your savings just because you found something new to "play" with.

miccau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/09
Strange i got the same feeling too, but then i think you will get used to it man... :D

BurgerFlaggen

Renowned Member
1/1/07
United States
If you are mechanically inclined, with only a few simple tools you can begin performing your own mods to craft your "off the shelf" purchase into something truly your own.

CG and lug reshaping, datewheel swaps and different straps are among the easy items that for comparatively little money, will help satiate your addiction.
These things also require more time researching and that can be done through the many helpful tutorials that thoughtful (and similarly addicted) members have posted.

Dig in!

spacie

Horology Curious
8/8/09
I know how you feel. I am yet to receive my first watch (only opened up to the possibility of a rep last week), and have 4 on the way :D

I have gone from Rolex (3 on order), to Breitling (1 on order), to Panerai, and now seriously considering a Hublot (looking at the Big Bang King 48mm).

There is such a wealth of knowledge on this forum and the deeper you dig the more the world expands hey?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
spacie said:
I know how you feel. I am yet to receive my first watch (only opened up to the possibility of a rep last week), and have 4 on the way :D

I have gone from Rolex (3 on order), to Breitling (1 on order), to Panerai, and now seriously considering a Hublot (looking at the Big Bang King 48mm).

There is such a wealth of knowledge on this forum and the deeper you dig the more the world expands hey?

quality over quantity any time. save your money and spend wisely. that's the best advice i have.

enjoy your new addiction. :wink:

spacie

Horology Curious
8/8/09
hk45ca said:
quality over quantity any time

Absolutely :) Trust me when I say I've been doing my reading [smilie=read2.gif]

Now the waiting game to see if everything works out :p

miccau

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/8/09
I have never done so many readings before i get here, but i think its worth the time thou~waiting for my first fiddy, hopefully i can get it the week comming...so addictive [smilie=angel12.gif] then big pilot and milgauss that will be all........for now.

DonBrizzel

Banned
10/8/09
If you see Kay said:
sorry to be blunt and to put a bit of reality check into your rep. purchasing, but if it takes 6 months to save for a replica watch, don't you thing you should align your priorities to more basic staples for your family?

I mean a replica is but only $$200 - 300, and to save 6 months for that little tells me that you don't have much discretionary income. Perhaps you should limit your purchases to just one, or maybe two. Rep. collecting can be a bad habit like gambling if you are not careful.

What I am saying, is just don't blow all your savings just because you found something new to "play" with.

No no, don't get me wrong here.

The reason it took so long to save is because I DO have my priorities in order. I only put a small amount away to spend on a replica, the rest went into savings and to supporting my family. I did it right, that way I didn't hurt us financially when buying the watch.

BTW, Mark is the man!

lecool

Known Member
30/10/08
DonBrizzel, I am glad to see this reply from you. I was also worried when I read your initial post.

Oh, BTW, what a great choice for a first purchase. Enjoy. Which watch do you think you'll be saving your money for this time?

DonBrizzel

Banned
10/8/09
lecool said:
Oh, BTW, what a great choice for a first purchase. Enjoy. Which watch do you think you'll be saving your money for this time?

The next rep will most likely be a D4M / Vac PAM111. What a beautiful watch that is. 6 months of saving for that looks to be more than well worth it! I would save for 10 years for that watch.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
DonBrizzel said:
If you see Kay said:

No no, don't get me wrong here.

The reason it took so long to save is because I DO have my priorities in order. I only put a small amount away to spend on a replica, the rest went into savings and to supporting my family. I did it right, that way I didn't hurt us financially when buying the watch.

BTW, Mark is the man!

[smilie=icon_salut.gif]

okay, so long as you are sure of your priorities. Never let watches get in the way of your family.

Family first, as always.

Check Six

Horology Curious
16/8/09
[smilie=argue.gif] I already had three relatively 'expensive' hobbies that fueled my 'need' to accumulate more stuff and messageboards like this are nothing but shameless enablers... :mrgreen:

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
all is lost...all is lost,
turn and run for the hills whilst you still have your life.