• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheap subs are in!

buckwheat922

Horology Curious
26/2/09
I have to agree, what do you have to loose? I think I am going to order a Breitling SOS just for kicks.
I was planning to order one anyway. I will let you know how it works out.

orel

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/1/09
No offense for my previous posts :roll:
I agree for the fun part to have this kind watch, no my mind but why not :mrgreen:

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
orel said:
No offense for my previous posts :roll:
I agree for the fun part to have this kind watch, no my mind but why not :mrgreen:

Absolutely none taken. And I hope you dont take any offense at my reply (cant tell with the :roll: sarcasam ). Ive been here a long time and have never been one to start crap. I was not trying to stir anything up, just playin!
Ask anyone that knows me, Im a lover not a fighter!

orel

20/1/09
OK Coop its cool :D
I think i will buy one for practice relume , you post has been helpful to find a cheap sub (less expensive than hommage on ebay) :D

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I know others have bought there and have had good experience (all the way back to - I think Fakey's test buy a year or two ago).

I know the Admin hold our dealers to a very high standard - which I am very thankful for. Is there a reason he is not on the dealers list here (advertising, some bad deals, etc)? Not looking flames against him (Robbie?), just good / educated info about what I will term a semi-trusted dealer (with smoke'n cheap watches). I emailed him a while back about trying a larger/volume purchase, but never heard back.

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
jmd33 said:
I know others have bought there and have had good experience (all the way back to - I think Fakey's test buy a year or two ago).

I know the Admin hold our dealers to a very high standard - which I am very thankful for. Is there a reason he is not on the dealers list here (advertising, some bad deals, etc)? Not looking flames against him (Robbie?), just good / educated info about what I will term a semi-trusted dealer (with smoke'n cheap watches). I emailed him a while back about trying a larger/volume purchase, but never heard back.

I think the main thing is hes not big. You order and he goes and gets the watch, at least thats what it appears. Also he will only cover half the cost if seized by customs. Im not so sure he can handle a large volume. But his communication is good, and prices cheap. Also the shipping charges were less then other dealers, by around $7. Are we getting upcharged on shipping? Probably.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
I will supply $49 Submariners in that quality no magic in that .
The differnce between the submariners in this link and the Noob are imeasurable in terms of likeness to Gen and quality of finish.
This low end stuff is a minefeild if you look at watches on his site the same grade as the board dealers sell in paticular the higher end items they are priced simular or more expensive than can be found with the board dealers. This should tell you that like for like he is no cheaper than anyone else

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Time4Direct said:
I will supply $49 Submariners in that quality no magic in that .
The differnce between the submariners in this link and the Noob are imeasurable in terms of likeness to Gen and quality of finish.
This low end stuff is a minefeild if you look at watches on his site the same grade as the board dealers sell in paticular the higher end items they are priced simular or more expensive than can be found with the board dealers. This should tell you that like for like he is no cheaper than anyone else

Thanks T4D - that's a great explanation. So, I'm going to chaulk it up to supply and demand. A long time rep buyer would then know what they are getting for $50, but a noob who wants perfection will just be highly dissapointed. Perhaps for a little more money the return is much higher - which is why the dealers here don't advertise the super low end stuff.

The message then, is if you've been here for years and have thousands of posts you know exactly what you are doing.

Makes sense to me.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
40-50 gets you the following:

1. Some fun knowing your Rolly is $50 and your buddies gen cost much much $$$$ more. :lol:
2. A little more wok for the stir fry.
3. Mineral crystal for that authentic sapphire look.
4. IDK, who cares it's 50 bucks! :wink:

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
R2D4 said:

1. Some fun knowing your Rolly is $50 and your buddies gen cost much much $$$$ more. :lol:

Actually it saphire crystal.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
coop said:
R2D4 said:

Actually it saphire crystal.

It said mineral on the site though right?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Okay, that's better then. :D They have a Seadweller for "49 of each" and that had a mineral crystal. :wink:

chuhi

Looking Around
22/7/09
Hi coops and everyone! I'm a first time rep buyer.
How much did the shipping cost you?
I'm thinking of buying a sub on aoobuy or timeshops.net

On aoobuy its $49 but shipping is unknown

On timeshops.net i think its $108 + 20USD off. That's $88 with free shipping.

Which one should i choose?

Timeshop better than aoobuy or what?

Thanks guys

EDIT: Also for the size..Is it suitable for everyone? or do i need to tune it?

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
Shipping to me (USA) was quoted as $18 for one watch, $23 for the two watches.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
chuhi said:

Thanks guys

For your first rep, I'd definately stick with a trusted dealer (even if it's a little more).

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
jmd33 said:
chuhi said:

Thanks guys

For your first rep, I'd definately stick with a trusted dealer (even if it's a little more).

Looks like he has some interesting stuff for some lower prices over there. But, after totalling things up-

Example-

1. $49 watch
2. $18 for shipping
3. $3.43 (He charges a 7% fee for Paypal orders under $300)

4. Total- $70.43

I guess if you ordered a couple of watches, paid by WU (not sure what the fee is for that) price might be lower.

fitz146

29/5/09
Hi,i bought 2 Ferrari watches from aoobuy and they both cost including postage $140.they took about a week to get here EMS<IRELAND> and were packed very well. they seem good for the money .only time will tell ,so far im happy would buy from him again. :D

CaptainJack

Known Member
13/6/09
orel said:
Dial and clasp are not accurate, and CG are too large and not long enought,

And the rehaut is 24/123rds of an inch too deep/shallow... that's a dead tell from 2200 yards away.

Meta4

Renowned Member
26/4/09
Rolex didn't really turn me on but I picked up one of these cheapies and it's taken me by surprise. I love it and haven't taken it off all week. No idea how (in)accurate it is - did they ever make a sub with green lettering? But for $49 with sapphire it's hard to beat and came quickly with the best packaging I've seen.

Nugget_2.jpg

My kind of two-tone. Cheap fake SS sub + gen yellow stuff.