• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jf ap 15400 v5

rvillarreal89

Known Member
4/9/17
enjoy some macro shots of my Royal Oak 41mm 15400 SS JF V5

I was learning how to use my new fully manual macro lens so some pics are not perfect.

I noticed a loose screw that I did not notice before - it was an easy fix with a screwdriver, actually all 4 screws around dial were a bit loose.

This looks amazing! Is this closer to gen than ZF?

Grillo

Certified
8/1/20
Germany
Hi everybody! I want to buy my first AP JF and it must be white. Because I‘m very tall and my wrist is 8,1“ please can anybody from the owners here tell me what’s the max circumference of the full bracelet ootb?
Thanx!

tbtheone1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/12/17
Canada
I would love to get everyone's 2c on this QC pic. I realize there will always be some nit-picky gripe to make with reps. But it looks like the screw at 8 o'clock isn't recessed like the others. It's kind of hard to see in straight-on shot. Also, the screw at the 11 o'clock has some gaping going on. Rest of the watch looks good to my newbie eyes (this is only my second rep). Would you reject or accept? Thanks!

sorry is the the JF or ZF

Brunello65

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/19
Yeah zf15400 is a good rep still using my v2 and never get bored of it.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Yeah zf15400 is a good rep still using my v2 and never get bored of it.

Jf you mean.

-----

Used to have a jf v4 bluedial that i used to love, this got stolen and the following night was hard (you know when you dream about watches that you only wear when you're sleeping... Fu..ing nightmare)

Jf makes good 15400 but i think they just sleep a bit too much (they could fix at least the caseback thickness and dial printing)

Zf jumped on it and literally (to my eyes) crushed the jf (better thickness, dial is really nice, no more SwiSs MaDE printing...) but the cons are the bezel screw finish (jf get it far better)

Today i've finally bought a new 15400 for replace my lost babe, and i went with zf, personal choice ofc.

If you want a 15500, you have only one choice, zf.
Superb case finish including bezel screw, correct dimension, dial is great...
Omf did a bad work with their rushed 15500 release, wrong dimension, looks like they used a 15400 case with 15500 dial (lol) so please, never order this one.
​​​​​​

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I have just received my JF V5 and wonder how to shorten the bracelet? There are screws on one side, sure, but how do I get the threaded rod out? With a lot of force and a small hammer - without success, nothing moves.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I have just received my JF V5 and wonder how to shorten the bracelet? There are screws on one side, sure, but how do I get the threaded rod out? With a lot of force and a small hammer - without success, nothing moves.

For my ZF 15500 I used a safety pin to push the rod out, just needed use a little bit of force.

Stacket12

Looking Around
19/10/19
Can anything be made in regards to the movement noise? (i have a blue dial JF 15400 V4) Would appreciate if someone can lead me to a solution.
Many thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can anything be made in regards to the movement noise? (i have a blue dial JF 15400 V4) Would appreciate if someone can lead me to a solution.
Many thanks

The rotor bearing assembly can be cleaned and silenced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Kmmas

7/4/15
I’m thinking going rose gold 15400on strap. Yes there will be a weight difference compared to the gen but slightly so as I’m not going with the rose gold bracelet. I haven’t gone with a rose gold rep before, but does the rose gold colour change or fade over time? Anyone who has experience with a rose gold rep , would be great to hear some feedback.

p.s I’m not going full gold with bracelet because the weight is a big giveaway, but I’m assuming that won’t be much of a problem with the strap rose gold model. Also bracelets are easily scratched and scratching a rose gold rep can be a disaster.