• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is replica watch,and the difference with original one?

frank2009

Looking Around
6/7/09
if any one can tell me the real difference between the replica watch with the original one?and how to understand replica concept? tks very much!

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
you know those dvd's they sell for 3 for 10 bucks at the night markets in Hong Kong????

And then you see the same ones in a video store for $30 bucks????

phillycheez

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/6/09
If you see Kay said:
you know those dvd's they sell for 3 for 10 bucks at the night markets in Hong Kong????

:lol:

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I have been trying to figure out how you could even respond to the question.

Officine Replica

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/7/09
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahha :mrgreen:

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
If you see Kay said:

Yes, but with Chinese actors instead of the Swiss ones. Like Arnold. But he is Austrian. Close enough?

Xplodr

gumption rusty

13/6/09
no difference whatsoever! please send me a PM - i'd like to sell you something

:)

(does this classify as a flame?)

drivesick

3/7/09
gumption rusty said:
no difference whatsoever! please send me a PM - i'd like to sell you something

:)

(does this classify as a flame?)

Super funny!!!!! Is this guy serious though? I mean, come on? Look up replica and genuine in the damn dictionary...

Anyway, I love this site.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
fakemaster said:
I have been trying to figure out how you could even respond to the question.

I tried too Fakey, my brain simply refused. :lol:

Col.

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
I'll give it a shot - they look very close but there is a still a quality difference (it cost more to make a nice gen - granted, a lot of money is also spend on trying to create the "brand", but there is quality difference.

For example, I love my rep SMP 300m so much I am going to look at buying the gen this weekend. I have already looked at several gens at the AD. The total quality of the watch is better and higher quality (with higher quality parts).

Some here may disagree (and that's okay) - but I think you would hard pressed to say any rep movement is the same quality as a gen Omega movement.

That said - I love my reps. But I can't put a Mercedes badge on a Pinto and think it will drive as well as the benz.

Just my $.02

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Ok, I'm going to try this way. Gen on the left. Rep on the right. Get it now?

LookAlikePope.jpg

LookAlikeBush.jpg

LookAlikeKerry.jpg

barack-obama-lookalike.jpg

63908-eddie_van_halen_crazy_cat_lady.jpg

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Ditto. I just can't make myself type anymore......F**k it. You know what there is no difference between rep and gens. There is a secret sect of midgets under the employ of our famous Admin Seanf. They hide in the Swiss gen factories in places only midgets can fit. At twelve midnight they emerge from their hiding spots and steal the real thing and the gray market pieces make there way here at between 2 and 10 percent of the retail cost. Aren't you glad you found the place.:)

Sean K

Mike29983

8/7/07
damn is that eddie van halen compared to the cat lady ?
he looks f**king wasted :shock:

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Seeing Eddie Van halen like that makes me feel old, and really want to bang valerie Bertinelli.

Shot version
gens: tell time, look great, fit well, short of the AD lady blowing you will give a feeling of self importance, and the cost alot.

rep: tell time, fit well (when you have it sized), give a good feeling when its a good rep, especially one you "built", but can leave you feeling anxious if near a serious watchfile and you dont want to get "made". Dont even go near an AD with it on.
Can make you feel "baller while sipping red bull and vodka at the "spot" surrounded by young ladies. O yes, the cost pennies on the dollar for the same gen.

O and the rep can self destruct at anytime, explode crystals, start and stop all by itself mysteriously, may turn a wrist green and potentially be fatal to you by toxic shock. Can fall apart or off your wrist for no reason.

Mind you a lemon-gen could do all these things but not likely.

Enjoy your new addiction. Its like heroine for your ego.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Enjoy the word midget while you can. I hear it will be banned soon by the FCC.