• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WooooHooooo ! Tremendously happy right now

nicewatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/09
Just found a local Watchsmith who who is willing to work on replicas!

He quoted a full cleaning, replacing of the winding spring (or mechanism ??) for about $125 or less Canadian.

Sounds about right for service?

SO happy that I found a watchsmith that would work on Reps! Most of the ones around here won't touch them for some reason.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
nicewatches said:

He quoted a full cleaning, replacing of the winding spring (or mechanism ??) for about $125 or less Canadian.

Dude, that's an amazing price. If you've found someone willing to do a full service for that money, I would run--don't walk--with all of your reps, drop them at his door, and tell him you'll pick them up next week.

nicewatches

9/6/09
Awesome! He's been in the business for years..and is a Dealer (not authorized but based on his business' reputation it would basically be the same!) for Tag, Breitling, Omega, Swatch, and Swiss Army.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Congrats!! I love my guy. Full cleaning and service is @ $100 here. Every time I go in I'm there at least an hour talking watches and movements. He pulls out cool stuff he's working on for others, etc. This can be a great relationship and resource for you - treat him right!

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
nicewatches said:

SO happy that I found a watchsmith that would work on Reps! Most of the ones around here won't touch them for some reason.

where is this? what part of Canada?

bx2vio

Known Member
24/5/08
nicewatches said:

That is such a good price.

nicewatches

9/6/09
East coast..Oddly enough he said that a service for a Gen Tag Carrera is around $300..and a rep would be around $125. Thank god I am buying reps! ha