• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

6000!

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Well... I made it to 6000 posts..... I remember looking at counts like Pug's 7,500 or so and wondering how you could possibly rack up so many.. but I'm getting close to that....

Of course, i think 30-40% of my posts are in the admin section.... but I think i've shared a lot of myself with the board itself too...

In closing, I will leave all of you with probably my favorite and most meaningful post, #713... it's the one that eventually led me to being a mod on RWC and then to here... and then to where I am now... it's where i made the first step to becoming part of what I hope is making RWI better every day....

To the rest of the staff, thanks for all that you do and for becoming some of my closest friends...

9/13/07
LegendOfSpeed said:
In the immortal words of the Godfather.... "How did things ever get so far?"

I have been a member of this forum for about a year and a half.... my memberships at TRC and RWG are from before that.... I started at TRC and kept hearing about this RWI place.... i eventually made the move and RWI became my everyday read....

Back a year ago, this was a great place.... there was so much enthusiasm and knowledge at our disposal that it was great.... reps were reps, and they had some flaws but we still loved them.... then came the Pam's that were closer and closer to gen.... then it was the super-reps... we asked for more and more accuracy and we got it.... but somehow the board has changed over this year and a half also.... once MBW was a mythical thing... now it's an everyday word...

i remember the beginning when it was drm, d4m, bigshooter, taka, enzo, klink, and roed as the admin team (at least the most visible part) and this board blossomed... we had the fiascos like luckyy and sichuan and stuff... but life was good....

now we have evolved.... and we have reps that will fool all but 99% of the public.... and this has brought exposure that has brought in some of the bad element.... we have had mysterious things happen to drm and bigshooter.... and i say mysterious because i, as a RWI regular, don't have a real idea of what happened in both cases other than people are out money....

i love Klink.... he can make me laugh and i value his opinion on things... but he was a mod who abused his power and then was made a mod again... and the attitude was that was how it was and we should just live with it.... do i care one way or the other if he is a mod? no, not really.... as i said, i value his views and he makes me laugh... but this did set a bad precedent.... and i think the "if you don't like it, you can leave" philosophy has had bad consequences with the atmosphere and community here on RWI...

I feel badly for d4m.... he's trying to make lemons out of lemonade... and he is to be admired and respected for his love of our community.... and i know the rest of the mod team has a lot of love for this forum as well.... but i have seen too much of that "if you don't like it, you can leave" philosophy from them as a whole.... and the forum has suffered from it because people have left.... even if they do still post here, they have taken their enthusiasm elsewhere....

you can not simply close the door on what has happened the past year and tell people, "if you don't like it, you can leave"... and you can't ban dissenters for merely having a different opinion than the mod team... even as i write this, and i wouldn't call it dissenting, i wonder if i will be banned or harassed in some ways.... i am a rwi loyalist and i am worried about biteback from mods... but so be it... one of my heroes is Thomas Paine and it was a memorable day when i was able to come face to face with a first print of "Common Sense"... so here i shall ask for everyone to have some common sense....

i'm not here to take up for Neil aka TTK at all... to be honest, I had a couple of bad dealings with him and i just cut my losses and decided to not deal with him anymore... and i understand and support the decision to not enable him to deal on this board anymore... but he was baited into an argument because we all know that TTK can be baited into a flame war quite quickly.... and then i see a mod make threats.... and this is not the first time i have seen threats from mods... i have even been threatened for saying nothing at all inflammatory.... the post that TTK left his three smileys on struck me as funny too... with the salute and all it was just a lil humorous... from there, it became like Wyatt Earp at the OK Corral, just itching for a fight...

in the great scheme of things, i am nobody here... i am only 712 posts (713 with this one for the smart guys out there) and my 7 feedbacks and exist anywhere else.... i don't want to.... i want my awesome forum back... i want the place i had to spend a couple of hours on a day at least to feel right.... now, i only come on maybe once a week and i always see some new drama... changes do need to be made... but they are more with the philosophy than with any individual members....

@d4m... as i have said, i respect and admire your work here and your love for the board... and because of this respect and because i view you as the heart and lifeblood of this forum, i challenge you to work to change the "if you don't like it, you can leave" mentality that exists with the management of this board now... we have already seen great members leave... and we have seen a lack of enthusiasm and input from others.... they don't like it, and they are leaving....

for the rest of the mod team... i expect retribution... and it's fine... you can delete, edit, admonish, or punish, or do whatever to this post or to me.... but it doesn't change the truth of the matter...

i don't think i will be missed at all.... but i will miss this place....

"I hoped that we would come here and reason together. And as a reasonable man I'm willing

to do whatever's necessary to -- find a peaceful solution to these problems..."

D

d4m.test

WOW, congrats on making it to 6000...
This post that you just referenced is something else. But then again, I have always felt that when LOS posts, there is some heavy content to be read. You are not like so many of us that post simple "hello's" and "thank you's" and such. Its kinda like you wait until you have something really important to say, and then you let loose.
Which makes it even more incredible that you have reached 6031 posts in such a short period of time. You know that I count you as a personal friend, and I hope that others do not simply disregard what I am saying as, "He is just talking up his friend..." because that is not the case. There is so much to learn about this hobby and so much has already been taught by you and the others here.
I look forward to being here a good long time, and one day making a post very similar to yours today!
Congratulations my friend... Next round is on me!
T

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
lol, i dont know if u need to be congratulated or stunned with a stun gun, lol but i will congrat u anyway,, thats alot of post ,, wow i wish i had the time , i do miss joining in the fun alot ,, u guys keep up the good work

Time Tech by rbj69

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Congratulations for the 6 K man. Keep up the good work and don't eat too many pig ears hehe. :p

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
Since I don't want to get demoted, I am going to resist the temptation to correct the punctuation in that post. :D

Having said that, I think that I must have missed the bleaker months of RWI because I've thoroughly enjoyed my time here, and this is in no small part due to the leadership.

Congratulations on your 6K and I hope that we can all continue to participate in making RWI a forum you can be proud of. :)

sconehead

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/07
You sound like a caring human being in post 713...what happened!!! :shock:

Just joking, you've helped us steer through some treacherous waters during those 6000 posts and probably made a few wrong turns along the way, it can't be easy and is much appreciated by us the membership...thanks :)

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Congrats on the 6,000+! :D Many more will come, and in the meantime PARTY HAADO!!!

508adf44.gif