• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5726/1A by GRF

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
It is 40.5mm*11mm according to this comparison to 5711. Looks really good.

https://imgur.com/a/owJgtmb

And Video embedded

V1HEcSA.jpg

V1HEcSA.jpg

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Just for my understanding, hours, minute, seconde, date and night/day work. Day and month have to be adjusted via side buttons.

Sundial hand @6 is for what exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FourthLetter

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
Just for my understanding, hours, minute, seconde, date and night/day work. Day and month have to be adjusted via side buttons.

Sundial hand @6 is for what exactly?

Day, date are both working, only month needed to be adjusted every month. @6 is 24h indicator, 10pm points to 22 and 10 am points to 10 as you can see in the video.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Day, date are both working, only month needed to be adjusted every month. @6 is 24h indicator, 10pm points to 22 and 10 am points to 10 as you can see in the video.

Understood. Thank you

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
PF did a solid job, but they skipped over one part that you’d think would be easy for them to do. Date window at the six o’clock position should be slighter shorter and have those 3 small lines above it.

Last edited:

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
Another noticeable thing is the Month Day box is still not okay but better than GRF in terms of height..and the other one is the whole dial itself, what I mean is the lines. It's not proportion when you put it side by side in a gen.

I'll go for a GRF as the only wrong (IMHO) that I cared about is the MONTH DAY box *height* but the finished is better than PF

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR8R

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
The day and month window on the PF is not close to gen because of the materials they used. There should be a silver frame like the GRF. Quite frankly I'm very surprised PF would release this model like this. I have the GRF with grey dial and it is amazing quality. I realize this is a thread for the GRF 5726 so perhaps we should start a thread for the PF 5726?

Also one positive note about the PF, on the sides of the case they centered the pusher inserts which is how the gen is. The GRF pusher inserts are not centered in the middle of the case.

Maybe we need to start thinking about modding the PF and GRF together like we have done with the PF 5711 and the PPF 5711? I would like to see the quality of the PF 5726 for the case and bracelet.

Shall we start a new thread for the PF 5726 guys??

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
The day and month window on the PF is not close to gen because of the materials they used. There should be a silver frame like the GRF. Quite frankly I'm very surprised PF would release this model like this. I have the GRF with grey dial and it is amazing quality. I realize this is a thread for the GRF 5726 so perhaps we should start a thread for the PF 5726?

Also one positive note about the PF, on the sides of the case they centered the pusher inserts which is how the gen is. The GRF pusher inserts are not centered in the middle of the case.

Maybe we need to start thinking about modding the PF and GRF together like we have done with the PF 5711 and the PPF 5711? I would like to see the quality of the PF 5726 for the case and bracelet.

Shall we start a new thread for the PF 5726 guys??

+1 in everything you said. As I inspect closer in the pics, yes the silver frame in PF is way off, its like they just paint it and didn't put any frame at all.

I suggest we name the new thread as COMPARISON BETWEEN PF AND GRF 5726

Reactions: XLR8R

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
+1 in everything you said. As I inspect closer in the pics, yes the silver frame in PF is way off, its like they just paint it and didn't put any frame at all.

I suggest we name the new thread as COMPARISON BETWEEN PF AND GRF 5726

I agree with you on the name of the thread. We should post pics of both the GRF and PF and gen 5726. For me the GRF is still much closer to gen from the dial perspective. Yes there are flaws like the placement of the day and month window and the magnification of the date window. Also the pusher inserts are not centered on the sides of the case. Those flaws are not that bad for me but the flaw on the PF day and month window is a severe oversight by PF.

Reactions: Ruben Bleijlevens

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It's funny but PF has made great reps in terms of their case sizes and bracelets, for example the PF 5711 has the best case and bracelet but their dials and date wheels are terrible on the 5711. So then we decided to take PF case and put PPF dial and keylog datewheel into PF case thereby making a great rep.

Now we see the same possible outcome with PF 5726, namely that the dial and datewheel are not great but the case appears to be better than the GRF 5726. However I don't think anyone has yet received a PF 5726 so we cannot analyze the case and bracelet construction.

Again perhaps the best way forward with a great 5726 rep would be the PF case and bracelet and the GRF dial and datewheel. That being said I have no negative comments on the GRF bracelet it feels well made and solid. The only thing I don't like is the off centered pusher inserts on the sides of the case.

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
It appears that "18" on the PF 5726 sub-dial is printed facing the wrong direction?

Reactions: xpresso

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also on the PF the seconds hand is not white like gen and GRF. Another strike PF.

EASJR

Certified
21/9/12
New York, NY
So, 5726 issue alert!!! Recent GRF 5726 production problems - big time. My dealer from while I’ve bought many pieces over the years is amazing and incredibly honest. He sourced 3 5726s for me over the last few months but the DW on ALL of them (and in some cases the 12 and/or 9 hr markers) were so atrocious he would not sell them to me. I very grateful to him. The most recent had the single dates - 1 to 9 - practically half way outside the left edge of the date window.

Now, I know that we and the factories are lucky to even have production/shipping even taking place given what’s going on in the world. But this has been an issue since the start of this release, pre COVID craziness. Surprised the GRF quality control would let that slide through.

In addition to a bunch of reps, I do own a few gen APs and a gen PP, so no way I can wear something that is this “off”. But I really love this version. At this point I’d deal with misaligned markets if we can sort out the date wheel.

My dealer suggested purchasing another DW, but until it’s installed, there’s no way to tell if it’s any better than the rest.

Are there modders in the US who can assist? Any ideas or suggestions would be very very much appreciated.

Many thanks to all.

tenx139

Renowned Member
16/5/19
US
I received my QC pics on the GRF 5726 Gray Dial, the first watch had a problem with #3 indice and date wheel
left justified, the second watch pic had a problem with date wheel and the third. Photos showing the date wheel
problem.