• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROCKETEER- Admin Team is there something U can do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Hi,

the title says it all.

Please read : viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53818&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Early february I sent 2 watches (value of 450 USD) and paid 150 GBP for a Chieftang AR coating through Rocketeer (UK).
Indeed Chief asked E.U. members to go trhough him for the following run.

We are now mid of june, and all what we get now (here and there) are informations of screwed watches, screwed crystals, excuses to say we have to wait a bit more.

ROCKET, YOU'RE A BLATANT LIAR, you have not honored your committment and try to pass the fault on Chieftang. You don't answer to emails and if so, it's to avoid answering or finding any technical blah blah to try to make angry customers wait a bit more.

I don't know which game you play, but either you have overestimated your skills, or you're just plain dumb and believe people won't move after your mistakes or accept bad work.

I'm not alone. There are at least 20 crystals (maybe double) involved. Not mentionning the watches you are keeping.

PLEASE

- admin team, is there someting you can do ?
- unhappy customers, please chime in and explain what you sent, what info you got from Rocket (if ever) and which money you already spent. BE HONEST. If you're happy in waiting more, so be it, but your written confirmation in this very thread will help understanding how wide the disaster will be... or already is.

ROCKET, you should now come here and explain honestly which problem you meet. The crystals are back in the UK since 2 weeks. I can't believe you need 2 weeks to ship 20 crystals/watches back. It's not a question of being flooded with job, there's something else and you will now tell us.

I WANT my watches back.

Please, E.U. members, comment.

Other (still availale) threads :
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53818&p=485502&#p485502
http://www.rwg.cc/members/AR-Service-UK ... 91888.html
http://www.rwg.cc/members/heard-Rocketeer-t93772.html

+1 thread set invisible in CT section, after serious accusations.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Re: ROCKETEER - Admin Team is there something U can do ?

My first question would be, how does Rocketeer = K2222?

MY first comment would be, how can the admin do anything in this situation when the two components in the mix, Rocketeer and Chief, are not vendors here?

Chief has been offered a vendor spot here and has declined... and obviously in this situation, none of it is his fault...

Rocketeer is not an authorized vendor as shown by his lack of section here.... the admin team will do what we can but please realize that we never recommended his services... anyone who did so did it of their own accord...

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR

Hi LOS,

Rocket = K2222 is the most direct and precise way to explain that we are now experiencing a second scam on AR runs.

I understand there's nothing you can do linked with their status (FYI I posted the same on RWG where their status is different)

However, Rocket is a member here, and the admins asking him to pop up in the thread is IMO something which would be welcome. If he doesn't, then you know that he should be banned... as a member, therefore preventing him to advertize his services publicly or by PM.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06

Pix said:
Rocket = K2222 is the most direct and precise way to explain that we are now experiencing a second scam on AR runs.

I have edited the title so that is no confusion that you are claiming that k2222 and rocketeer are the same person...

We have tried over the past 3-4 months to keep in contact with rocketeer....

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
So be it :)

BTW, I should have posted in the General Discussions, as I guess not only VIP members are concerned...
:oops:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
@ LOS, I think PIX would like to get some help from the RWI team. We have discussed this issue since about 6 weeks now and Rocket always came up with some excuses and I took the lead in negotiation with him and his customers. 2 of his customers are happy, 10 are not and his communication is a problem. He is not scamming people, but his communication to his customers does not work and his skills with working on reps is in the beginning stage. He took a lot of work and cannot fullfill the customers requirements.

LOS, you are right, I think PIX is trying to warn our community about Rocket, we have too many complaints about Rocket and only recieve excuses from him. I was in contact with him several times but as it looks like he cannot fullfill his commitments.
I see this as a warning for new members and I will try to conatct Rocketeer again tomorrow to respond. He is not scamming us but he does not have his business under control and he is lying and trying to gaine time.

I am personallly affected but I do not want to take advantage of it.

LegendofSpeed

4/5/06
i moved it to general discussion...

i agree that we should try to help... just don't want anyone to lose sight of the fact that Rocketeer was not an approved dealer/vendor and therefore, you used him at your own risk...RWI did not vouch for him...

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Thank you LOS

LegendOfSpeed said:
... just don't want anyone to lose sight of the fact that Rocketeer was not an approved dealer/vendor and therefore, you used him at your own risk...RWI did not vouch for him...
There's no doubt about that.

But in the end, discussing it publicly here will be of help, if not for us, for potential future disappointed customers :|

chieftang

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/06
Cross-posting from the other thread....

32436754.jpg

Here is what Chieftang AR looks like in direct sunlight on a UPO. Direct sunlight... near zero reflections. Never a green hue.

Based on info I'm receiving on RWG, I now suspect that at least some people are receiving crystals with a coating that was done in the UK. The green coating shown in the other thread is not my AR, or it is my AR on top of another coating causing a green color shift, but I highly doubt the latter.

Now, you can call it finger pointing or whatever you like. But the simple fact is that all crystals in my runs are coated in the same chamber simultaneous, at the same baking temperature, using a PVD process. If all crystals are prepped properly, then all results will be identical every time. Every single time. And I've done hundreds of crystals. My most recent non-Rocketeer runs of 50-60 crystals have had about 2-3 failures when I've done the prep work myself. And I always - always - guarantee the crystals that I prep and will re-prep and re-coat any that have failures or even minute blemishes. The Rocketeer run I did had crystals that turned out just fine. This we know. And it is impossible for there to be some perfect crystals and some flawed crystals in the same run if a coating chamber problem occurs (which has never once occurred in any run and would have been remedied by the lab anyhow). The only possibility is that some crystals were not prepped correctly while others were. Those that weren't would fail. Those that were would be fin. And the failed crystals need to be fixed by Rocketeer who agreed to take responsibility for his own mistakes. The best fix, in my opinion, is a full refund and a return to the customer of their crystals. And if I were a Rocketeer customer, this is what I'd be pushing for.... not for an inferior coating from a UK AR lab providing highly reflective green AR. Once a refund is received I would be glad to have anyone who wants their crystals fixed and guaranteed by me in the next AR run... or not. Your choice. But I would point out that Pix is already in my current AR run himself... and his crystals will be checked over by me upon return as per usual protocol when I do the prep work.

FYI

PS, Per LOS's post, that I declined a spot on RWI is true, however it has nothing to do with RWI nor its admin nor its membership. In fact, I'm a big LOS fan. However, I'm also hardly able to keep up with requests from two forums (where I was situated first), and so adding a third just wasn't a possibility.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
So pix, you got the answer from chief himself, so I guess you can contact him ?

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
green ar is a different coating from blue. my last eyeglasses had green ar and i had a conversation with them about this. the eyeglass people claim it is superior in anti reflective abilities over the blue and is more durable but whatever, it doesn't matter to us. it is wrong for our purposes.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
alviando said:
So pix, you got the answer from chief himself, so I guess you can contact him ?

Full refund can only happen if we get a sign from him...
And recoating means that we get our crystals/watches first...

I will not make any other run outside E.U. after that bad tale anyway.
The last 2 crystals I had to do are already by Chief in the US. I have delt directly, in the most normal way.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
Bump.
Any other RWI member who want to contribute by explaining his case here or on RWG where the thread went into *cough* many directions... And the usual lecture makers... :roll:

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Pix said:
Bump.
Any other RWI member who want to contribute by explaining his case here or on RWG where the thread went into *cough* many directions... And the usual lecture makers... :roll:

Well, today I talked to Rocketeer and discussed a way forward, which involves a refund on the bad AR job, the return of one of the watches that has been with him since January, and I have given him a little more time to finish the other watch while the dust from the Chief run settles. If there is an award for patience, I'd like to nominate myself for it.

Anyway, I will keep you posted. If he doesn't come through as promised, Pix, feel free to come up here and we'll drive together to his joint to get our stuff back. I'm 47.72 miles away from his home address. But I trust it won't be necessary.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I vote for you Rooster :D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
If there is an award for patience, I'd like to nominate myself for it.
Seconded.

A unfortunate turn of events and all to often occurence. It appears that there are very few moders that can be trusted. The problems with Rocket go much further than this AR run but that is another story. Quite frankly (and IMO only) I wouldn't trust Rocket with a 20 dollar Swatch after this. Sad, realy.

Col.

PS: is this being disscused at 'geeks?

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia
I think at RG they are discussing this as way, I saw a thread bout this, but not very sure bout the location now..

smithy37

3/2/09
I received my watch yesterday and all is not well with it. I am going to telephone Rocket and discuss a way forward. I do not want to air my dirty linen in public and hope we can come to a satisfactory conclusion.

I will report back soon.

Watch this space!

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
I hope we will have positive feedbacks from time to time...
:(
What a mess.
Worst is that we're just sitting here as ducks, waiting for a potential return of our goods, without any kind of communication, wondering which surprise is waiting for us... and who's next.

After the matters have been settled (if ever) may I officially request the ban of Rocketeer here ?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
trailboss99 said:
The problems with Rocket go much further than this AR run but that is another story. Quite frankly (and IMO only) I wouldn't trust Rocket with a 20 dollar Swatch after this. Sad, realy.

Col, you hit the nail on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.