• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB Pepsi GMT 126710 BLRO mini review

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not a lot of people probably know this but the GMT has a compass complication as well.

Check the last part of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jTaFmy38xM

HOW TO USE YOUR ROLEX GMT MASTER II AS A COMPASS.
https://www.miltonsdiamonds.com/news...-as-a-compass/

"A compass bearing can also be taken using the red 24 hour hand (the 24 hour hand must be set to LOCAL time, not GMT). When the watch is laid flat with the 24 hour hand pointed in the direction of the sun, the 12:00 marker on the dial will point to the north in the northern hemisphere and to the south in the southern hemisphere."

You can use it to get home after happy hour.

This is a handy feature of any watch, aided some by the watch having a 24 hour bezel whether fixed or rotating. But you don't need to change the setting of the GMT hand. As long as the bezel 24 marker is at 12 o'clock, just aim your bezel marker coinciding with local time (16 for 4pm for example) at the sun. 12 on the dial or 24 on the bezel points to N in northern hemisphere, etc.

Soriku

Horology Curious
1/11/18
5Us9o.jpg

Enjoying

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo_7 and Vvvlllooo

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Looks like an MK1 insert. I didn't like those at first but I bet they become a premium like the flat 4 Kermit inserts.

5UMKk.jpg

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
So my favorite watchsmith found that my jumping hour click spring is indeed broken. Since the watch failed to work right out of the box (hour hand sticking at 10pm every night), AND knowing I followed the setting instructions in the sticky to the letter, I will assume it came to me broken. He's going to source me a ICHS movement and new hands. He does amazing work so hopefully even thought I'm pouring even more money on top of my $700, I'll end up with a great looking, functional piece. Fingers Crossed!

Reactions: KJ2020

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
The complete part is the "GMT wheel"

The part that breaks is the "Jumping hour click spring"

The click spring probably costs less than $5 to make and it has turned thousands of $500 reps into paperweights.

My China partner asked but they won’t sell the part only. Dam!

Can get movement but it’s not Cheap and supply is limited, so wait times could be long.

Anyone know if ARF gmt movement will fit noob case? Incidentally, I managed to get gen hands installed on the noob CHS movement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Can get movement but it’s not Cheap and supply is limited, so wait times could be long.

Anyone know if ARF gmt movement will fit noob case? Incidentally, I managed to get gen hands installed on the noob CHS movement

There is a member who had a VR3185 fitted into a Noob V10 case, so the ARF should fit as well.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...04#post8437204

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
if someone let go his Pepsi let me know

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Thanks buddy for checking

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Hey guys, I am searching for a disc date wheel to swap the factory's one because it is too left justified.. what kind of genuine disc date wheel can fit the BLRO? Thanks in advance..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hey guys, I am searching for a disc date wheel to swap the factory's one because it is too left justified.. what kind of genuine disc date wheel can fit the BLRO? Thanks in advance..

A gen 3135 DW is the best option. It will have to be glued onto the Noob DW, or even right onto the DWO if you don't want to save the old DWO. In effect the gen DW becomes a DWO. There is a lot of room in the case to do this so the gen DW won't have to be modified to fit and can be re-claimed later for use in its gen capacity, or in a 3135 based rep as a DW.

Reactions: Neo_7

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Do you have any info what might be the cost of the movement and wait times if someone wants it?