• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF New AP Royal Oak 15202 Releasing Soon!

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Can anyone who received their rep confirm if the bracelet will fit larger wrists? Like 8 inches?

I’ve got a 6.5inch wrist and removed 4 links and it fits tight. You may want to order an extra link just to be on the safe side.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I’ve got a 6.5inch wrist and removed 4 links and it fits tight. You may want to order an extra link just to be on the safe side.

Thanks for that info! Yes it sounds like it’ll be a bit tight for me so will need an extra link or two.

RektZX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/16
Anyidea on the power reserve on this XF 15202? since the movement is modified.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Of course guys, I fully agree and that’s what I’ve always been doing. I buy because I like.

I was just wondering if this one could enter in any category, as it’s still a good indication.
They are reps, of course, but some have a very good quality (I’m thinking about some PAM, or Hublot BB for example), while other are pretty bad, even you like the watch or not.

Anyway, sees this XF is a great one and tentation to place order is getting bigger :)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

OK if you want my subjective opinion, I will classify this as a "good rep", meaning that even out of the box, you can wear it in real life without getting called out.
It will however not survive an off the wrist scrutiny by people with knowledge on the gen.
Remember this is only my opinion, and one of many.

Phantomtech

I'm Pretty Popular
28/12/12
I cannot for the life of me decide between getting this watch or the ZF 15400... HELP

reptime101

15/9/18
Right, firstly apologies in advance gents for the terrible photos, I’m no photographer, as you’re about to see.

The dial is a lovely dark blue in reality, it doesn’t photograph well. Looks dark blue in the normal light as in the 1st and last 2 pics. The other pics are taken in a strong artificial white light, it’s blue sunburst but has a slight grey tint to it I’d say when under the strong light.

F269-F3-BD-F875-4-A04-BEB9-318619-CCE666.jpg

DD5-BC327-6-B59-41-F6-8-B75-15649-F1-D2263.jpg

3-F1-F7-DDB-C498-4-E99-B088-B7-FE67-F39-C10.jpg

F345766-C-724-A-455-A-81-AA-7-DA74-FB50-D29.jpg

38181-CA2-41-E1-4794-9-A30-0196687462-F3.jpg

C9714-E7-C-6-CC1-480-C-9-D05-B072-D5-D7-C7-A3.jpg

D5-BC67-D1-3-D38-40-F0-941-B-041-C2377963-C.jpg

BBCD612-C-B676-4-CE9-81-C4-2-C9-C698-EABB3.jpg

The only issues I can see is the bezel screw machining on the bezel isn’t perfect. A bit rounded and sloppy on the corners. Hard to see without looking very closely. I’ll sort those with an escapement file, just sharpen up the corners. The polished bevel on the bezel is also at to steep an angle slightly, this is what’s making the screws seem to close to the other bezel edge IMO.

The hands are good effort, but the bevelling on the pinions is non existent to the naked eye. Having said that, they’re rep hands on a $500 watch. You obviously can’t expect AP levels of finishing at this price.

Hand lume and dial lume are different shades. One looks to be C3 the other C1. Not the end of the world and an easy enough fix if you so desire.

Date font = great effort.

I’m also impressed by the rotor it’s very well done, seems to have a decent weight to it. Although it needs oiling/silencing and it free spins like an Apache helicopter.

Bracelet feels a bit rough when flexing it about. Nothing that an ultra sonic clean and an oil bath won’t fix. Link screws are stiff as fuck, managed to get them out but for god sake use the proper size screwdriver, you will butcher them if not. They’re gen construction, push pins covered by a screw in cap. A horrific idea from AP, but oh well. Clasp snaps shut nice and tight, engravings inner and outer are great.

It’s thin, 8.4mm on my callipers including front and back crystals.

Someone mentioned the case back engraving at the top that has No.xxxx instead of Royal Oak. I’ve seen gens like this also, no idea if it’s period correct to an I series, I suspect not, it may be from the first generation 15202.

tosoboso hopefully those pics capture the light, it’s difficult here today as it’s cloudy, and the only lights in my house are all ridiculously bright white LEDs.

great review!

i'm going to pass, don't like the apache helicopter spinning shit haha. superb first attempt, should be perfect at v2 or v3

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
great review!

i'm going to pass, don't like the apache helicopter spinning shit haha. superb first attempt, should be perfect at v2 or v3

It will never be perfect even at V20, but if you mean that it will be more wearable for you at V2, yes that is subjective and can be true for you.
The rotor bearing assembly can be silenced and smoothed out easily.

Reactions: Allure

raytron

Known Member
28/6/19
I will wait as well. Especially for the ZF release of the 15202. the ZF 15400 seems promising and of course I will really appreciate someone making an in depth review. Either way I have already put some bitcoin to the side. Hope they will appreciate in value so I can buy two ????

reptime101

15/9/18
It will never be perfect even at V20, but if you mean that it will be more wearable for you at V2, yes that is subjective and can be true for you.
The rotor bearing assembly can be silenced and smoothed out easily.

Agreed not perfect, I think the two main factors for me are the bezel screws and the hands pinion for me, if the rotor can be silenced. Can the screws be modded?

Reactions: vcappp and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Agreed not perfect, I think the two main factors for me are the bezel screws and the hands pinion for me, if the rotor can be silenced. Can the screws be modded?

I will be receiving 2x XF15202 soon and will look into modding the screws. Tentatively, yes they should be able to be modded. I will keep you updated after I get the watches and start working on them!

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Can anyone with a 6.25 inch wrist chime in on how this fits on them? I have a 15450 but I do find that the wrist presence is a bit lacking at times.

deadaglev

professional nitpicker
Supporter
Certified
6/5/13
Germany
Hi guys, i have a question to those who have handled the various XF and ZF versions of the 15202 and the 15400 compared to the latest JF versions of both.
Mostly there are flaws in comparison to the gen discussed. Now what i am interested in most of all is the quality feeling and finish of the watch.
Forget canon pinion or dial color in comparison to the gen for a second and just try to rethink what genuinely is the nicest watch to wear.
Details like the finish of the bezel screws, brushing quality, bracelet feeling, the lot.
I am asking this because i seriously can not make my mind up what to get right now after all these new releases. Just judging from pictures, it seems to me that JF still has the upper hand on quality and finish but XF and ZF are closer to gen?
But pictures only tell half the story...

reptime101

15/9/18
Hi guys, i have a question to those who have handled the various XF and ZF versions of the 15202 and the 15400 compared to the latest JF versions of both.
Mostly there are flaws in comparison to the gen discussed. Now what i am interested in most of all is the quality feeling and finish of the watch.
Forget canon pinion or dial color in comparison to the gen for a second and just try to rethink what genuinely is the nicest watch to wear.
Details like the finish of the bezel screws, brushing quality, bracelet feeling, the lot.
I am asking this because i seriously can not make my mind up what to get right now after all these new releases. Just judging from pictures, it seems to me that JF still has the upper hand on quality and finish but XF and ZF are closer to gen?
But pictures only tell half the story...

yea reminds me of noob v10 vs arf v3. the noob is much closer to gen look but the arf has a more gen feel? the worst feeling is wearing something that has an obvious rep feel, never owned a noob but thats what i imagine it is :p

Revolper

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/7/18
deadaglev that matches what I’ve been told by a friendly TD; JF still has superior finishing/haptics.

Last edited: