• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about the GMT-II Ceramic Swiss Version - Update!!

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08
Re: Question about the GMT-II Ceramic Swiss Version

Still haven't heard back from Pam111, this is disappointing :-(

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia

webvan said:
seventhexile said:
First off, don't get the CHS, it will blow up and you will be out a couple hundred.
You're probably right, but are there any user reports for that 2813 CHS version that appears to be new? At least new to me?

Also, do we know for sure it's a dg4813/28800 and not a a 2813/21600 ?

The dg4813 is out of stock now according to a dealer in RG

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

You mean the GMTIIc with the Asian 2813 or the movement in itself? Do you have a link to that topic ?

I'm thinking the movement since I've not seen any reference anywhere else to the GMTIIc with the 2813 ?

patrick8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/09

i think? the best version is something they would call the triple AAA version. like the one that ruby sells from nice replica.

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

Hum...AAA, Ultimate...remember this is the rep world ;-)
In any case I'm not seeing AAA on NR ?

colex

Horology Curious
8/1/09

Hi
what kind differences there are between the genuine Swiss movement ETA 2836-2 and Asian clone ETA? And how can we recognize that?

Thanks

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia

colex said:
Hi
what kind differences there are between the genuine Swiss movement ETA 2836-2 and Asian clone ETA? And how can we recognize that?

Thanks

Just get the clone ETA as advised by senior members, swiss ETA 2836-2 movements are stamped with an ETA chop, but then again, they can alway stamp a clone eta with an ETA chop.

If they can replicate watches 1:1, they can replicate movements 1:1 also...

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

Indeed, wonder if anyone can tell the difference...

Still haven't heard back from PAM111 concerning these mysterious 2813 versions, particularly the CHS one :cry:

patrick8

18/1/09

webvan said:
Hum...AAA, Ultimate...remember this is the rep world ;-)
In any case I'm not seeing AAA on NR ?
After recieveing the watch one week ago. i can say that i am very happy with it. the watch itself comes with a triple AAA sticker on it. also the watch case comes loose from the factory, so you can inspect the mechinism. i will post more pictures of it at a later date. but after doing some research, you should take a look at PAM.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

patrick8 said:
[...also the watch case comes loose from the factory, so you can inspect the mechinism.

Sorry, but I seriously bet that it´s NOT the reason for that...
:?

Cheers,
Spirit.

patrick8

18/1/09

its no big deal, thats if you have the right case tightner. in that price $ range you would like to inspect the movement.

RolexETA-1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/3/09

patrick8 said:
its no big deal, thats if you have the right case tightner. in that price $ range you would like to inspect the movement.

hi friend
what do you want to know about the Rolex GMT-II?
i know something about it

patrick8

18/1/09

RolexETA-1 said:
patrick8 said:

hi friend
what do you want to know about the Rolex GMT-II?
i know something about it
well first off, who sells the best gmt-II with ceramic benzel replica?

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

Yes, probably an oversight!

So which model did you get exactly ? The ETA Clone from PAM111 ?

BTW I finally found Paul's messages in my gmail inbox, for some reason Outlook was filtering them!

So he confirms the four models have the same case, not sure why the ETA are labelled "ultimate" though.

@spirit - you're the "pro" on the GMTIIc, what do you think of the 2813 models ? The CHS is tempting but I can't find any feedback anywhere! The safest choice is probably the $205 ETA Clone ICHS.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

webvan said:
@ Spirit - you're the "pro" on the GMTIIc, what do you think of the 2813 models ? The CHS is tempting but I can't find any feedback anywhere! The safest choice is probably the $205 ETA Clone ICHS.

I haven´t seen the 2813 CHS yet, but I wouldn´t recommend it either.

The 2813 or the a21j are tanks, and you can wear them with no fear. I have a 2813 IHS and I´m very happy with it. But, there are alot of small differences between the 2813/a21j and the Asia ETA Clones, ´cause they´re completely different watches and come from different factories.
If you have the bucks, go for the Asia ETA clone version, if you want only to test the seas, get an a21j / 2813...You won´t be disappointed with it.

The 2813 watch is very well done - structurally speaking of. It´s really good compared to some watches that I have seen before, but in terms of accuracy, the Asia ETA Clones are better, except for the rehaut engraving, which is nicelly symmetric done on the 2813, and is wrong on the Asia ETA Clone.
Differences are more on the "ceramic" Bezel (remember, it´s not ceramic AT ALL, doesn´t matter if the dealer says it´s the "updated real ceramic" or not it WON´T EVER BE REAL CERAMIC) and Dial.
...Case and Bracelet are very similar.

Here is mine, 2813 IHS
DSC09467xRlogo.jpg

DSC09473xRlogo.jpg

DSC09035cX.jpg

DSC08959xR.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.

alvinado

Watch Nerd
Advisor
27/8/08
Asia

Those looked great spirit, I noticed the hour hand is the wrong non maxi hands, correct???

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

alviando said:
Those looked great spirit, I noticed the hour hand is the wrong non maxi hands, correct???

Correct, Alvi

Hands are one of the differences between the 2813 / a21j and the Asia ETA Clones.

Hour hand is wrong no-MAXI one...and the GMT hand is shorter that it should be. (it doesn´t reach over the minute markers around the dial.
...It´s the easiest tell of the cheaper 2813 / a21j models. if you don´t know how to tell them apart from the other small differences that they have.
:)

You will notice that most - if not all - 2813 / a21j Rollies that should have MAXI DIAL, have the incorrect non-MAXI Hour hand.

Cheers,
Spirit.

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

Yes same problem on my 21j except it doesn't have the crooked 22 like Spirit's, hence my calling it the 21j GMTIIc v2, we had shared pics in another topic.

What's interesting here is that PAM111's four models :
- ETA
- ETA Clone
- 2813 - IHS
- 2813 - CHS

All seem to have :
- the correct GMT hand (length/color)
- correct Hour hand (Fat)
- correct Rolex font/logo
- correct size of the "dots"

guillaumelou

Known Member
27/2/09

Concerning PAM111, you can buy with them with no soucy ! I have bought my submariner with them 2 week ago, and it looks really good and works very well ! You can see pics with the link in my signature.

For more security I have paid with paypal so I have paid 5% more for that, but it's better for the security in case of problem.

webvan

Known Member
29/10/08

Yes, also had a good exprience with them, details above, but I'm still waiting to hear back concerning the the 2813 movement, whether it's the original 21600 or the updated one with 28800.